Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Valoiz Valentine
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 74

Can we have changes to the market system?

Selling in FFXIV can be very annoying, we already have limited room from retainers and the constant price battle is exhausting... so i suggest:

1- Add the option to buy only a portion of a full product stack: Ej: buying 10 from a 99 silver ore stack placed.

2- Charge a fixed fee (3-6%) for placing a product. And charge it again everytime the player change the price.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Bigbap Ramirez
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Ah so you want to make it more annoying, got it.
    (22)

Player
    Character
    Arch Idealist
    World
    Alpha
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    1) The stacks make the MB more interesting. Removing the stacks would be too much of nerf. If you wanna buy partial stacks there has to be some kind of balancing tool to make the items from broken stacks cost more than smaller stacks. FE: 100x ore costs 100.000 gil => 1x ore from the stack costs 10.000 gil, 50x ore costs 90.000 gil etc.

2) That would be stupid. If you wanna have the tax, it has to be more reasonable. Something like - if you lower the price of an item you pay 10% tax after the sale and it would have to be tied to the item even when it's removed from MB.
    (2)
    The main reason why the Party Finder is not working for the harder content and so many groups disband after few wipes is caused by the players who ignore the comments.

Getting to the phase XYZ once does not mean you are ready to join parties to do XYZ.

Parties should spend most of the time doing the phase that is written in the comment not trying to get there.

Player
    Character
    Emelyne Octavian
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Your first point is fine and one I advocate for. However, your second point no.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kurenai Tenshi
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Valoiz View Post
    1- Add the option to buy only a portion of a full product stack: Ej: buying 10 from a 99 silver ore stack placed.
    This eliminates the only option people have to combat bots who typically sell in mass stacks. Not to mention, it hurts sellers all around which this expansion has already done.

2- Charge a fixed fee (3-6%) for placing a product. And charge it again everytime the player change the price.
    And this just makes it worse. Once again, it favors bots who aren't impacted by taxes like this since everything is pure profit. All this does is hurt actual sellers.
    (13)
    "Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters."
    "The silence is your answer."

Player
    Character
    Karuru Karu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    I read this suggestion so often... do people not realize that this will be an absolute nightmare? Such a change will lead to even more price battles because then only the person on top of the list will sell anything - ever. Right now at least we can sell big stacks for less money and small stacks for more money and single items for even more.
    And the limited room on retainers makes it possible that more people have a chance to sell anything. When people can buy a portion of a 99 stack, then there is no point in placing less than a 99 stack on the market. This frees up retainer space for even more 99 stacks of other items instead of selling the same item in 20 stacks of 5 items. Have fun with undercutting that >.>
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Roth Trailfinder
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Being able to buy part of a stack would only be a good thing. Sure, it would be a change for FF14, and change can be hard, but it would Be a good change.

It would also help prices balance out faster than they do now. Right now, rather than one price for an item, you have many : the single item price, the several item price, the many item price, the bulk item price... which is not that good for the seller, but it is real good for the buyer.

Ultimately, as someone trying to sell stuff on the board, I want it to move. If I’m trying to sell 99 of something - food, raw mats - I don’t care if its sold to one person or to many, I just want it sold. Being able to buy from a stack instead of the whole stack would enable me to put 99 of something up all at once, and have people buy what they need, not force them to buy the entire stack. And, if it is something that would normally go in smaller lots (say, 10 ore, lumber, fish, for GC hand in sales) I could put 90 up for sale in one slot rather than in nine slots, giving me those 8 other slots back. In this sense, this move would be good for the seller, who can put more stuff up.

All in all, it would be a good change, not a bad one, to implement the idea.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Marfa Menphina
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80

Retainer trouble

Hello Square Enix,

Talking about taxes and what price to pay is not really helping matters.
    Everyone knows that there is limited storage space for your character...
    2x Retainers (max) with 4 tabs of 35 slots.
    1x Armoury Chest.
    1x Inventory with 4 tabs 35 slots
    1x Chocobo Saddle Bag with 2 tabs 35 slots (2x Chocobo Saddle Bags with Subscription).

With all the mats from each class/job, even this will not be enough.

!!!!!
    What I would suggest and like to see in the game is the following...
    1) Open up the Retainers.
    2) Add the stack option to each sale.

1:
    Currently the Retainers ONLY have 20 slots to sell items.
    Instead of 20 slots, make it UNLIMITED slots.
    This will open up the economy of the game and the freedom to sell multiple smaller stacks.

2:
    When you enter a sale in the Retainer, add the option of using Stacks.
    example... Lets say you have 100 of one item and you can sell them at a good price on the Market Board, but you want to sell them for 25 items per Stack. You enter the selling price as normal, but also set the Stack number to 4. The system will then automatically enter 4 Stacks of 25 items.

With these 2 options, the economy will get stimulated and the Storage doesn't have to remain full all the time.

Regards,
    Argai74
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tae Sylphanas
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    the constant price battle is exhausting
    So then don't contribute to it. Set your prices at a reasonable amount and leave them there until the item(s) sell. If you actually pick reasonable prices then you'll still get sales.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Akane Fofane
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    WHAT!?
    I'm sorry, either please buy my entire stack or find another purchase source. =3
    I don't ever want to see my market board listings disappear in chunks.
    (5)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast