Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Berteaux Braumegain
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Ironically, the best way to deal with Cuca Fera is to bring a Blue Mage to cast Missile on it until it's down to 1% and then murder it with cannons.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rygart Sawamura
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    think the whole dungeon only take like 15min and turtle boss only take 4min even if you suck with stun diamond shield with normal lol.
    (0)

Make no mistake. I'm not you alliances. I'm here cause I just do what I felt is right thing to do.

Player
    Character
    Wolf Ghaladia
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Berteaux_Braumegain View Post
    Ironically, the best way to deal with Cuca Fera is to bring a Blue Mage to cast Missile on it until it's down to 1% and then murder it with cannons.

Thank you, best advice ever. I was trying to learn Diamond Back, me and a friend of mind could not for the life of us beat it before the soldiers die.
    (2)
    Common sense is not so common anymore.

Player
    Character
    Gabriel Morgan
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Alternatively use screw tail, you should have enough time to get it once
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Thalia Beckford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    OMG yes, it's so dumb that you can go through curb stomping the rest of the dungeon but you fail on this boss because of the toiler paper NPCs. I remember unsyncing this when the first set of blessed tools came out and trying to solo it for the lumber. Even then I could curb stomp the rest of the dungeon and didn't take damage from his attacks. Just the stupid NPCs on that fight that ruined it all. If they could buff those up when you're unsync, then I think that's all it would need. I'm okay if the fight takes a while. Just frustrating to lose for something out of your direct control.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Winebaud Broode
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    If you go as a healer (for the relic), then just heal the canons and NPCs while you spam the canon button (DoT's couldn't hurt either). If you're not a healer, but can bring someone with you, just have them heal and take care of adds while you focus down the boss using a canon. The instance was definitely not intended for solo play, but once I found out that you just need to heal the people there, I was finally able to clear it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noitems Ever
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Didn't expect this thread to come back, but hey it's a reflection on myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noitems View Post
    Are we really asking a 2.x midboss to be nerfed in the year 2019 currently in 5.0?

It's the only dungeon that has that issue out of the entire Zeta weapon cycle, and I've finished two Zetas so far.

It's really not that bad, either just throw up a pf or just q into it and put something on in the background and relax.
    Still hold true that this dungeon really isn't that bad, I've already completed 4 zetas and that boss itself can be handled completely fine now that our level cap is at level 80 and the il standard has risen (Did it on both a NIN at 469 and a BRD at 455). Even then healing the npcs and killing the mobs asap are a fine option if you're not at 70. Use the cannons in downtime as well and you can kill him though it will take longer the the other unsynced runs but doable solo. Otherwise just go on pf, q in, and just chill, hell this boss is even easier for BLU now since the 5.1 spells got added in. Even if you just want to rush leveling to 60 and get DB later on it's all good since BLUs can make mincemeat of any dungeon they can get into.
    (0)
    Last edited by Noitems; 02-04-2020 at 06:24 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kristal Bismarck
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    MCH can kill this boss without healing because it has actions that ignore damage reduction, but I think other heal-deprived dps can't do enough damage before it kills the npcs.

When all npcs die, the room-wide aoe becomes a room-wide 100% max hp insta-kill unless stunned.
    There is an easy way to fix this boss for unsynced, and it has already been done before in many trials. Remove the insta-death mechanic.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rasikko Rakitto
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 64
    The trick is to kill the loose aevis that comes after the party members.. but you gotta hope they kill the one coming after you as well because your cannon wont reach the one coming towards you.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yuella Davilles
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    I've done Castrum Meridianum solo. Livia's 1st phase took forever and you need to get lucky not to get interrupted while shooting with that machine thingy
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast