Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1514
    Player
    Character
    Gisela Thorne
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Dude, you get mega-benediction every 25s. It's ridiculous, not amount of dungeon tuning is going to change that. Never mind that big dungeon pulls are the only place where the incoming damage is in fact already decently high. You can't really bump it that much higher without the initial mitigation/healing requirement becoming silly. At least for the other tanks.
    (1)

Player
    Shadowflare - Ward Miasma II, Plot Broil IV
    Character
    Reiner Osborne
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    This is why I love dungeons like Amaurot of ShB.

They have mobs that specifically won’t target the tank under normal circumstances. It’s not much, but it’s an additional thing for me to look at other than spamming Art of Holkravity most of time.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Draygomir Wrothlasch
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiTia View Post
    I'm sorry you feel that way but I honestly don't see it. Like I have yet to meet a warrior who was motivated enough to make sure they healed through everything. I guess maybe I just haven't come across them? I hear about it everywhere but almost every tank I get in expert roulette will go down to 30%-20% without extensive self heals if I let them.
    I don't see it either. I regularly get tanks of all jobs (8 times out of 10) who are at half health by the time they pull the second trash pack and then keep running to the next one. Dark Knights have to be babysat constantly...there's so many of them that are bad. Occasionally you get tanks that know their mitigation and limits, and dps that are on point with their rotations, but perfect runs are not the 'norm'.
    (1)
    Last edited by D6Damager; 05-17-2022 at 11:45 PM.

Player
    Character
    Laz Ravenheart
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Semirhage View Post
    My one sticking point with (lack of) balance is when said lack of balance always goes in favor of specific jobs, and never in favor of another. *cough cough* WHM always blowing chunks and AST/SCH getting unique tools that let it clown all over their competition, locking the role into a stagnant obvious meta that never changes.
    It is so weird to me because it always seems like they are trying to cater TO WHM but in ALL the wrong ways. It's like they don't understand how to balance healing between the classes or what makes each healing class fun. Oh wait...they probably don't. They DESPERATELY need someone who mains healing on their dev team.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Shell Game
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by D6Damager View Post
    I don't see it either. I regularly get tanks of all jobs (8 times out of 10) who are at half health by the time they pull the second trash pack and then keep running to the next one. Dark Knights have to be babysat constantly...there's so many of them that are bad. Occasionally you get tanks that know their mitigation and limits, and dps that are on point with their rotations, but perfect runs are not the 'norm'.

I've experienced the opposite. I've yet to find a WAR who doesn't just heal everything for me. Watching them go down to 20k health only to jump up to 35, 45, 60... before i can even think to cast a spell? Mostly I just decided to never heal an Expert roulette again. It's so boring sitting on fifteen different skills that are never needed. I still get to heal for friends and I'll do it for leveling. Anything that keeps me away from a level 90 tank.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Payadopa Astraya
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam_Harper View Post
    It's nothing to do with meta slaves. I love optimization, min maxing and generally lean towards the better classes but I agree this game is overbalanced. I want to be able to do fun crazy things from time to time. Especially when it's fun crazy things that require you play well and reward you for using your toolkit intelligently.

It's generally more often the casual players who shout for balance the loudest. The players who barely stepped foot in Savage demanding Astrodyne nerfs or the players who don't even play tank demanding WAR nerfs because of dungeons of all things. But to be honest, I'm not attacking casuals, I think players really need to stop blaming each other for how the game is instead of the developers who are selling us a product and are meant to be the professionals at making games. We don't make the game. We certainly don't put a gun to Yoshida's head and force him to make changes that make the game worse. If a game developer is unable to determine good feedback from bad and make a high quality product, they shouldn't be in the business. It's on them.
    Casuals asking for balance the loudest? Really? That's absolutelynot true, I'm sorry. Casuals didn't ask for AST cards to be changed just to name an example. Accessibility is one thing and I think SE caters too both sides way, way too much (Eartly Star anyone?) but saying it's casuals while also claiming many don't even read their tooltips is just mind-boggling. Or what about job synergy. That wasn't removed because casuals didn't like it. It was removed because people cried over their precious FFLogs. Or how many here moaned about Lord/Lady and that's you can't "oPtiMiSE" around it. It's also not casuals that loose their collective shit when potency changes get release.

But I also agree. Optimisation has gone way, way overboard. We can discuss what lead to it but in the end SE needs to unbalance it.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Apple Cider
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 50
    At the end of the day though, it's not the parsers or the 'casuals' who are making SE make these changes; SE makes them themselves. If they had a mind to listen to feedback for the healer role there wouldn't still be so much bloat or clunk in jobs like SCH or AST after what they did to them in ShB, but considering it took 3 years for DPS Neutral Lilies on WHM, it's just safe to assume that they don't particularly listen to feedback at all on this role. SE has a vision on want they want healers to be, and they believe that mother knows best regardless of how we feel about it.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Silver Strider
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizzi View Post
    SE has a vision on want they want healers to be, and they believe that mother knows best regardless of how we feel about it.
    And it's that mentality that has caused me to cancel my sub. I can't enjoy my role and it just makes all other content dull as a result. It sucks because as much as I like the game, it's just not the game that I remember falling in love with back in ARR.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Apple Cider
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver-Strider View Post
    And it's that mentality that has caused me to cancel my sub. I can't enjoy my role and it just makes all other content dull as a result. It sucks because as much as I like the game, it's just not the game that I remember falling in love with back in ARR.
    I don't blame you at all. I have about the same loop when it comes to PvE content in XIV:
    1. I want to play as a healer, but spamming Broil/Glare/etc over and over is boring and there's nothing to heal. I also do not have the time to offer to prog Ultimate in this supposedly "casual friendly" game, so I can only consume the content for "casuals"
    2. Because healing is not fun, I play as a DPS job (BLM)
    3. It can be fun, but most of the time I wish I was playing a healer and it makes the content less enjoyable.
    4. Don't play healer because healers aren't fun.

I've already spent most of this expac unsubbed from XIV and I'm sure I'm going to unsub again here shortly once I've gotten my fill of trying all the jobs on PvP, and this time likely until 6.3 or 6.4. From there, I'll probably just use the free weekends to come back and catch up on stuff until 7.0 comes out, if this game even manages to keep me involved enough to bother with 7.0 when I'm willing to make a large bet now that they will absolutely not address healer issues in the slightest if they deviate from this grand vision. I can't see myself actively staying subbed when they treat the role I want to play as poorly as they do, and I'm not willing to put up with the idea of sitting through another expansion with this unfun "gameplay" that is quite frankly, incredibly insulting to our intelligence. There's still a lot of the "side content" I find fun, but PvE is the main draw for me. As it stands, XIV is not a game worth paying money for.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Niadissa Nelhah
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    On a game time card right now, when it ends I'm not planning to resub unless we get some positive news in the regards of healers being adjusted. At this point it is just straight up insulting that we are either ignored or told that if we want more to do, to go play the hardest content in the game. (Here's a hint Square, there is more to this game then Ultimates.)
    (6)

11. 05-26-2022 03:52 AM

Page 115 of 152 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast