Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Player
    Character
    Mahrze Crossner
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Why not just request a DF option for hunts based on regions? The maps can be a generic arena with the general layout of the map region they represent and the transition between fights can be a QTE to boost the dynamic of the instance, like: Kill x Mark and a heard of <random mount> stampede/fly over through the battle area and carry you to the next mark, giving you some bonus/boost for the next fight if the QTE is successful.

Each region having 5-6 marks on both As and S ranks. With the A rank regions being on a daily reset and the S ranks a weekly reset. This at least gives those who don't have the opportunity to join linkshells and have the available time slot in their day/week to join the train, to have a passive but consistent shot at getting any of the rewards they want.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ursa Nightrain
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Lets look at why people still do ARR hunts.

Allied Seals: My own personal reason is this. On my alt, I still don't have my caster outfit associated with my GC, so hunts are really the best (maybe even the only) way to get them (other than leves).

Achievements: This speaks for itself really but other than people really wanting full completion, I don't see this being a factor to the problem.

Reward items: This is mostly for world bosses I assume. I don't think a lot of the S Ranks drop anything of value but this might be a little bit of a factor too.

The Mount: I suspect this is the real reason for all the ARR hunt shenanigans. If I'm not mistaken, the Clan mount is based on completion of hunts of a certain rank, no matter the level. If this is the case, capping this off at lvl 70 hunts only would likely stop interest in the ARR ones, leaving those who want the curreny and achievements left to put forth the effort.

Just my two cents. If they had a currency exchange for Allied Seals (like from clan seals) I'd never bother with an ARR hunt again.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vyncent Nolan
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursa_Vonfiebryd View Post
    The Mount: I suspect this is the real reason for all the ARR hunt shenanigans. If I'm not mistaken, the Clan mount is based on completion of hunts of a certain rank, no matter the level.
    Correct. Old S ranks have lower respawn times and easier spawn requirements but count just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursa_Vonfiebryd View Post
    If this is the case, capping this off at lvl 70 hunts only would likely stop interest in the ARR ones, leaving those who want the curreny and achievements left to put forth the effort.
    Which is why it's never suggested.
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5