Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Player

Square Enix, please think about both Casual AND Hardcore crafters..

SE, come on, guys. Ever since Stormblood began, you added Prudent Touch. Which has made crafting far too easy. What it does, is removes 2.0 - 3.5’s RNG completely. That’s great, it means crafting isn’t so annoying anymore. Here’s the problem with that, though. Ever since that RNG problem has been fixed, players who enjoy a challenge like myself, are basically denied that challenge.

Have you ever stopped to consider that maybe there are crafters out there that actually enjoyed 2.0 - 3.5’s RNG? Because, it helps us become better crafters, and it feels incredibly rewarding to know that you HQ’d a craft that tries to flip you off with RNG. It’s SO rewarding. Not only that, but it raises the value of your time spent per craft. Back then, crafts took 2 minutes per rotation. (makers mark and hasty touch)

Now? 40 seconds - 1 minute. In a single macro. A. Single. Macro. I kid you not. One. Macro. Square Enix, do you not see the problem with this? What were you thinking? I understand you need to cater to casual players that don’t take crafting very seriously, but it’s very insulting to completely flip off your hardcore players, and refuse to give us challenging recipes with great rewards. Such as high stat gear or tools. We just want a challenge, and we want to be rewarded for that challenge.

And for people who say “B-but Ishgard Restoration will be challenging”...no, it won’t. They tend to hype up things relating to crafting, but when it actually drops, it’s underwhelming. They have a pretty good track record in regards to that, lol.

Stormblood - Prudent Touch
    ShadowBringers - Preparatory Touch, Prudent Touch, Delicate Synthesis.

Square Enix, how much easier do you plan on making crafting? How much longer do you plan on ignoring your hardcore players? Eventually, you’ll reach a point where it’s literally impossible to make this any easier.

We aren’t children, you know. We can figure mechanics out.
    (24)

Player
    Crafters and hardcore crafters on almost every server are getting kind of fed up with this easy crafting and neglecting hardcore players. Even a well known crafter on Cerberus made a YouTube video addressing it (though, indirectly lol):

https://youtu.be/F-AFJH2RhYw

What needs to be done: Keep in the casual mechanics. But give hardcore players that enjoy challenges, difficult recipes to complete. Reward us for it. Make the rewards worth everyone’s time. Don’t reward us with useless things such as furniture, or glam. Actual gear pieces or tool pieces with high stats would be great. Give us a crafting savage of some sort. Let casual players do things, and let us do things.

We pay for your game too. So think about this thread when developing crafting mechanics for 6.0
    (20)
    Last edited by CookiesNCreams; 07-15-2019 at 09:30 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ultima Ultima
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I like easy crafting.
    (71)

Player
    Character
    Baradaeg Ryssbhirwyn
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    First: RNG =/= challenge
    Second: I would like that SE would make more "hardcore" recipes but in their own niche.
    Gear and basic raid support shouldn't be considered hardcore, this should always be easy to made and supply, but everything else, furniture, bardings, orchestrion rolls, glamoures, this should be hardcore to craft with really high standards to just complete.
    (46)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by LalafellDown View Post
    I like easy crafting.
    Good, that’s the point of this thread. They should cater to both casual people and hardcore people. Not prioritize one over the other. That is a horrible mindset to have.
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion88 View Post
    First: RNG =/= challenge
    Second: I would like that SE would make more "hardcore" recipes but in their own niche.
    Gear and basic raid support shouldn't be considered hardcore, this should always be easy to made and supply, but everything else, furniture, bardings, orchestrion rolls, glamoures, this should be hardcore to craft with really high standards to just complete.
    They don’t have to introduce RNG again. Just make certain crafting content very difficult. Like, crafting new gear. Make it extremely difficult to make. Prudent Touch doesn’t need to go anywhere. Prudent Touch won’t save you if you are up against an insane progress and quality requirement.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I don't know about you, but ARR/HW people were still macro crafting.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Jin Razuo
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Not gonna happen. This game keeps getting more and more dumbed down to make it more accessible.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Alya Mizar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    There will be harder recipes. They will come with the new books.

Then we will write macros, that's the hard part.

Then all will be easy again.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Roth Trailfinder
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadygrove View Post
    There will be harder recipes. They will come with the new books.

Then we will write macros, that's the hard part.

Then all will be easy again.
    Sounds to me that if they eliminate the macros from the game, that would make crafting hard for people?
    (2)

Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast