Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Lanze Omega
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Warrior is fine imo. But i do agree animations are lackluster/copy pasted. Bit sad about Raw intuition + Awareness combo tho! But Flash makes up for it. even as a Main tank ability. Insane heals if paired with inner release or Chaos.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Dugu Qiubai
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    OP said it was a disappointment, not that it's terrible. Terrible was War at Stormblood's launch. ShB war is disappointing or boring, but it's still okay imo.

And it is a bit of a disappointment isn't it? Recycled animations. In the case of Overpower and Mythril Tempest, the animations don't even feel like they belong together in a combo. Cone AOE comboing with a 360 AOE doesn't feel right. Nascent flash/Raw Intuition feels like Inner Beast with the mitigation and healing split into two actions.

There's annoying things like still having to prep single target combo to do our AOE combo. Personally, I kinda wish they ditched Storm's Eye buff in PVE like they did in PvP. Onslaught costing rage is also bad - actually, it downright feels awful and doesn't gel well with the FC for more Infuriate for more Inner Chaos mechanic. I wish Warriors had a second resource for stuff like Onslaught so that it doesn't compete with Rage which is our dps resource. Onslaught should just be free. Just do it. Half cooldown and potency on Upheaval if they wanna give wars a rage dump button. Or, I don't know, give warriors a new rage dump button instead of Onslaught. Upheaval's place in the warrior kit is also odd. It's just a button you hit every 30 secs. It really is kind of boring. I wish it had something else tied to it, like a dot or something.

Nascent Flash should also be useable without a target in PVP. Or at least increase the healing on Storm's Path to 150% or allow add some healing to Inner Chaos for PVP.

But these issues aside, I love everything else about Shadowbringers thus far. The questing and zone design are far superior than what we got in Storms blood. STory is also much more interesting.

I just want them to iron out some of clunkiness in War's gameplay, and I couldn't be happier with this xpac.
    (3)
    Last edited by NyneSwordz; 07-06-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Player
    Character
    Takamori Maruyama
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    I agree with the animations needing a rework. When I saw INNER CHAOS LVL 80, I was like hell I will open a gaping wound do something really metal.
    When I finally got it, its Inner Beast with a fart explosion effect, not even a cool slicing sound.
    As mechanic wise, the class is in a good spot, very flexible and fluid. No need to do unnecessary complicated stuff to start doing what it meant to do like in Stormblood release.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Freya Pendragon
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    tbh I've gotten WAR to 76 and I'm done, the loss of heals from Inner Beast and Steel Cyclone means I'm dying way more now. I pull small, party says pull more, I pull more, healer cannot keep up and, with no HP back from Steel Cyclone, I die.

Nascent Flash doesn't make up for it, it's clunky to use so not really good for those big pulls.

Going to go back to PLD and see how that plays.
    (7)
    Think about it, nobody wants to die, there's rules to this game son, I'm justified.

Player
    Character
    Praesul Presul
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtPepperUK View Post
    tbh I've gotten WAR to 76 and I'm done, the loss of heals from Inner Beast and Steel Cyclone means I'm dying way more now. I pull small, party says pull more, I pull more, healer cannot keep up and, with no HP back from Steel Cyclone, I die.

Nascent Flash doesn't make up for it, it's clunky to use so not really good for those big pulls.

Going to go back to PLD and see how that plays.
    If you were doing things right before, you were mass pulling in Deliverance which meant no self heals anyway. Now you get the best of both worlds, if you can't utilize it right that's not the game's fault.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    K'ym Bhoyo
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Still would be nice if every crit buff in the game actually did something with War inside IR instead of “increasing rate”
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Freya Pendragon
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Praesul View Post
    If you were doing things right before, you were mass pulling in Deliverance which meant no self heals anyway. Now you get the best of both worlds, if you can't utilize it right that's not the game's fault.
    I did big pulls in Defiance, keep hate, Steel Cyclone to keep my own health at a good level. I rarely dropped into Deliverance, occasionally the odd boss when running with healers I knew and trusted.
    (3)
    Think about it, nobody wants to die, there's rules to this game son, I'm justified.

Player
    Character
    Azula Skye
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedkel View Post
    I dont mind the aoe combo i like nascent flash and new raw intuition and the thrill of battle, i do love that we could heal ourself and deal big damage at the same time.
    I like infuriate mechanic, you could play with it around IR to make most out of it.
    But one thing i was REALLY hoping for was just another and low CD oGCD to use in IR window and outside of it, just one... And we got none which is pretty disappointing. PLD got, DRK got, War did not.

My buttons hotbar did not changed much, instead i got less buttons to press here and there.
    DRK got turned into WAR
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Chloe Lehideux
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Spune View Post
    DRK got turned into WAR
    And Gunbreaker turned into DRK. xD
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Larus Hyskaris
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Having raided as all three tanks in Stormblood and working on maxing them now, I think the major disappointment has less to do with WAR, and more to do with DRK and GNB being so new and flashy. PLD mains are complaining about their class being underwhelming even with new animations like Confietor, Atonment, and Prominence. Those two tanks were already in a good place so there wasn't really a need to change what they had, so they just gave them a bit extra.

EDIT: Also to say that Paladin has become more complex is actually hilarious. Instant cast Holy means you no longer need yo slide cast, so that minor bit of complexity is gone. Their rotation changed from 2x Royal Authority to Royal Authority + Atonement x3, and their casting phase turned from 5x Holy Spirit to 4x Holy Spirit + Confietor.
    (3)
    Last edited by Amon-ster; 07-11-2019 at 02:02 AM.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast