Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Tsukino Mahou
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    The thing is that it doesn't even make sense with Viera. We just have ears coming out the top of our heads, absolutely nothing preventing the all the existing hairstyles in the game from being used, with perhaps the sole exception being the afro.

While I do agree that Hrothgar should have more options than they do, their heads are a completely different shape from all the rest and their hairstyles are clearly designed directly around the different face (which are really "head") options. You can't just throw on one of the existing hairstyles on them, but you absolutely could for Viera.
    (23)

Player
    Character
    Antony Gabbiani
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino View Post
    The thing is that it doesn't even make sense with Viera. We just have ears coming out the top of our heads, absolutely nothing preventing the all the existing hairstyles in the game from being used, with perhaps the sole exception being the afro.
    It depends on how the modeled the ears on the various hairstyles. Wearing the Gold Saucer ears, there were many hairstyles where the ears would be floating above the hair. So I can see how they might not give all the hairstyles out there as a result, but more options in general would be nice, especially short styles. There weren't nearly as many options for that as there were for long hair.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sturm Churro
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I think Viera have a unique headshape compared to the other races, so it might actually be more trouble than you think. A lot of stuff does seem to fit oddly, the wrapping across the eyes clips through your hair for example.
    (4)
    WHM | RDM | DNC

Player
    Character
    Desmina Lys
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I wasn't surprised by this, because none of them were in the benchmark, and I believe most of them will end up available sooner or later. What DID surprise me, was that they released a new hairstyle with the launch of the expansion for everyone...EXCEPT the new race...

Also really hope they keep adding hairstyles to Viera over time like with the other races, it doesn't make sense for them to not get them if the other older races can.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Jellicle Jayde
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Yoshi already said that Viera will be given "some" of the shared hair styles and Hrothgar will be given more Hrothgar only hair styles and faces sometime after release.

Funny, on paper the Hrothgar clearly have a more severe problem in this regard but in practice the problem effects Viera the hardest. As in many Viera I see easily look alike were as the Hrothgar's fur/ fur patterns and skin color makes them look so different even though like 80% are using the same face.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Tenebria Miku
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I understand hrothgar since their heads are totally different but wouldn't viera basically be the same as mi'qote as far as "making hairstyles work"?
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Sturm Churro
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by reivaxe View Post
    Yoshi already said that Viera will be given "some" of the shared hair styles and Hrothgar will be given more Hrothgar only hair styles and faces sometime after release.

Funny, on paper the Hrothgar clearly have a more severe problem in this regard but in practice the problem effects Viera the hardest. As in many Viera I see easily look alike were as the Hrothgar's fur/ fur patterns and skin color makes them look so different even though like 80% are using the same face.
    I actually hardly see Hrothgar, or at least I don't notice them. When I think I do it's a roe.

People are probably going to start switching back, because of the voices and this issue in a matter of weeks/days.
    (3)
    WHM | RDM | DNC

Player
    Character
    Rawon Special
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    my favorite hairstyle is on miqo'te model but i like aura model. iam still confused why they dont just put all hairstyle on every model male and female.

iam no modelling expert but is there a restriction for this? maybe the viera ear can cause error to certain haristyle or something like that?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jellicle Jayde
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro View Post
    I actually hardly see Hrothgar, or at least I don't notice them. When I think I do it's a roe.

People are probably going to start switching back, because of the voices and this issue in a matter of weeks/days.
    Always shocked when I hear that.

Use to think it was a server thing until someone I knew ran up to me and said I was the first one she's seen. I asked if she just started RN or what and nope.

I see Hrothgar all over the place. Since early access has started I've seen more or them than Scale bois and Elezen dudes.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Callinon Soulforge
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I'm most disappointed by the fact that the hairstyles I spent actual currency on (modern aesthetics) don't work. Why not? There's no reason for this.

As far as hair goes, Viera and Miqo'te are basically the same. We've both got stuff sticking out of the tops of our heads. Ok... so? That means I can't have a ponytail?
    (11)

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast