Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 60

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player
    StouterTaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,464
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 100
    I think double Blessing would be way too much CP, but a full B-Miracle does 5/6 of a B-Blessing, and leaves you at IQ-6 for a B-Blessing. Advantage for specialists.

    Delineations are fairly cheap if you're doing weekly custom deliveries, but the 45 CP cost is why I only use them with Whistle While you Work and Maker's Mark, on rough recipes.
    (1)

  2. #2
    Player
    Kaurhz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,120
    Character
    Asuka Kirai
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Yeah, we aren't hitting a double Byregot's for a long, long while, at least not on release gear. Just expect the adjustment to bonus granted by control to be their way of saying.. "Hello HQ mats", and that PbP/MuMe/MaMa 1K caps is their way of saying, "Enjoy craftsmanship builds, and/or more actions spent on progress building actions". Can now effectively do a trade of.. 11 stacks of IQ (without Innov.), versus 10 stacks (with Innov.)

    But let's see what the new actions bring first.
    (1)

  3. #3
    Player
    Windsun33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    106
    Character
    Ying Yei
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80
    Speaking of HQ mats - I am betting that even low tier HQ mats will skyrocket in price for a while.
    (0)

  4. #4
    Player
    Windsun33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    106
    Character
    Ying Yei
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80
    Have heard that the new VIII materia will not fit into pre-ShB gear, but probably a moot point since I expect them to be extremely rare and super expensive.
    (0)

  5. #5
    Player
    StouterTaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,464
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Windsun33 View Post
    Have heard that the new VIII materia will not fit into pre-ShB gear, but probably a moot point since I expect them to be extremely rare and super expensive.
    I doubt they will be that rare, a couple roulette adventurer in need bonus is 1 Cracked Stellacluster & 2 Cracked Planiclusters, and I'm sure the ShaBri A/S rank hunts will drop them like candy as well. And with the removal of attribute materia, Mutamix odds on DoH/DoL go through the roof.
    (0)

  6. #6
    Player
    Jojoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    9,132
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by StouterTaru View Post
    I doubt they will be that rare, a couple roulette adventurer in need bonus is 1 Cracked Stellacluster & 2 Cracked Planiclusters, and I'm sure the ShaBri A/S rank hunts will drop them like candy as well. And with the removal of attribute materia, Mutamix odds on DoH/DoL go through the roof.
    But that could also be accompanied by a reduced success rate for advanced melding on the level VII and VIII materia compared to what we've seen for VI in Stormblood.

    I wouldn't get too excited yet until we see what happens.
    (1)

  7. #7
    Player
    StouterTaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,464
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    But that could also be accompanied by a reduced success rate for advanced melding on the level VII and VIII materia compared to what we've seen for VI in Stormblood.

    I wouldn't get too excited yet until we see what happens.
    From the patch notes:
    Attempts to affix grade VIII materia will always result in failure when it is used as the second or later materia in advanced materia melding.
    The success rate for the advanced melding of grade I, II, III, and IV materia has been increased.
    V and VI appear to have same success rate as before, VII will likely be worse that VI, and VIII is 0%
    (0)

  8. #8
    Player
    Liam_Harper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    3,470
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Interesting.

    I'm going to take a "wait and see" attitude for rotations. There are far too many variables, including the new skills and quality/progress requirements to guess what rotations we'll use.

    The PBP change is interesting. 1000 is quite small, I can see Observe/Focused overtaking it easily. I've mentioned before that the existence of PBP devalues Craftmanship considerably, I only just meld enough to scrape the 4 star requirement for my rotations and could do them with far, far less if I was allowed.
    The Adjusted Control cap is interesting too. I can see it being tedious at endgame melding if we get very specific builds, like X amount of Control caps exactly at X amount of IQ stacks. Also Brygot's Miracle could become very strong, letting you build to 11 then Miracle+Blessing.

    We'll see, looking forward to working it out.
    (0)

  9. #9
    Player
    Orbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    217
    Character
    Solala Sola
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Two new grades of materia...
    Combat materia already goes up to 40 which is a massive increase from HW materia that only went up to 12.
    Of course grade 7 and 8 materia applies to crafting too.

    Just thinking about how much these are going to give over SB materia, this is getting kind of absurd.

    Maybe grade 7 will be easy to acquire and meant more for casual players and crafters while grade 8 requires jumping through some extreme hoops?
    (2)

  10. #10
    Player
    Windsun33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    106
    Character
    Ying Yei
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80
    That is my guess. VII will become the new VI, VIII will require you to solo 9 epic dungeons blindfolded.
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast