Player
    Character
    Minuit Lecard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansion View Post
    You don't need to fantasia / change your name on launch day.
    The devs need to allocate every resource and time to tackle potential last minute trouble to enable a smooth launch.
    Except I'm fairly certain the lore team isn't on bug fix duty. This is something they would have completed early on in the lore development so that NPCs can be named to the conventions(or purposely not). There isn't much I can think of that should cause any changes to such a basic component of the lore.
    The simplest fixed, based on comments in this thread, would have been to add a post to the naming conventions thread with the headers for Hrothgar and Viera to show that it will be added. That wouldn't stop all of the comments, but it would at least give something tangible for the community to point to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansion View Post
    Not trying to throw oil on the fire but I guess in boils down to this. Priorities. And you still have tomorrow which would be the logical timing based on Heavensward .

(The Lore forum is a peaceful haven in these troubled times of entitled players salting around all over the forum, let's keep calm here too haha)
    ^ I'll second that. (Though I would like to get my alts name change figured out soon =) )
    (5)

2. 06-27-2019 01:16 AM

Player
    Character
    Zorya Muunasch
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I'm personally amazed by the amount of people who, like me, want to make sure they have lore-appropriate names. :O I thought I was in the minority!
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Larek Darkholme
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Viera: Daenerys Lanister (or equivalent)
    Hrothgar: Tyrion Targaryen (or equivalent)

Lore-approved!
    (0)

Larek Darkholme @ Ragnarok

Player
    Character
    Nera Mistdancer
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Just to play the devil's advocate here, but would being able to know the naming conventions before 5.0 be that terrible? I mean, everyone has access to the game already, and names are not limited to races or expansions. So everyone would be on the same ground if they wanted to change their name. I really don't see the issue, unless anyone is talking about people not playing currently, or new characters. But in that case it would also be "unfair" for any other player that starts playing in two days, a week, a month, or whatever.

That being said, they'll be released tomorrow, during the downtime. I've always been 99% sure, because of what they did with Au Ra. And, to be honest, I personally don't care. There's no rush.

P.S.: Can I pick xXxSephicloudxXx Lionthilly? Wait, I'm sure that someone used that one already. Damn...
    (1)

Greetings, everyone.

Thanks for your patience while we checked into this for you.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to release the naming conventions ahead of early access and launch of Shadowbringers. Once things have calmed down post-launch, the team will be able to better dedicate time to creating them. We know it's not the news you wanted to hear, but we appreciate your understanding.
    (44)
    Aya "Sicycre" Montoya - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Hime Matsuki
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Greetings, everyone.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to release the naming conventions ahead of early access and launch of Shadowbringers. Once things have calmed down post-launch, the team will be able to better dedicate time to creating them. We know it's not the news you wanted to hear, but we appreciate your understanding.
    This is literally the news I wanted to hear.

I'm fine with not getting the conventions before the update. I more than anything just wanted a clear indication of when I could expect it. Thank you.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Elexei Lunyasch
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    We know it's not the news you wanted to hear, but we appreciate your understanding.
    Well, at least that's some news. Either way, I wasn't really expecting to change my name anytime before or during the launch, so it's alright.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    K'nahli Yohko
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 89
    Thank you for the update!
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Cenric Asher
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Greetings, everyone.

Thank you for letting us know, and for checking this for us! Things must be ridiculously busy before launch so it means a lot that you took the time to investigate.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Sapphos Camoa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I guess in the meantime the best thing we can do is use the auto name generator to make educated guesses.
    (0)

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast