Quote Originally Posted by alacruxe View Post
Much to think about indeed.

Kinda piggybacking off of some of the other ideas in this thread, maybe Djt- and Rehw- mean mentor or apprentice, and the suffixes are either professions/specialties (archer, mage, apothecary, etc) or descriptions of territory? I'm given to understand that Veena and Rava share a similar culture, though, so it would be odd for the Veena not to denote whether one is a mentor or apprentice the way the Rava do. So maybe the prefixes mean "stayed in this forest" or "left this forest," or maybe they designate northern versus southern territory, or...something.

The Veena -wesfv suffix? Totally clueless on that one. My first instinct was to wonder if maybe it meant "apprentice of," with the first part of it being the name of one's mentor, but none of the prefixes are present in the forename pool, meaning that isn't a feasible possibility. My other guess was maybe it refers to settlements. Each surname being the name of a common camp, with -wesfv either meaning "resident of" or just "camp" or...something. Or maybe they're professions, too.

Either way I think it's very interesting that the differing naming conventions seem to imply a different culture. But I could be way off base with that assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Onz View Post
If it helps, I went through and randomised the names a couple hundred times and found that there are twelve different surnames for Rava and Veena both.

Rava:
Djt-bidit
Djt-dvre
Djt-gilda
Djt-marouc
Djt-nong
Djt-setlas
Rehw-bidit
Rehw-dvre
Rehw-gilda
Rehw-marouc
Rehw-nong
Rehw-setlas

Veena:
Copihwesfv
Foixewesfv
Gahjewesfv
Huorlwesfv
Jgnewesfv
Monnawesfv
Ornedwesfv
Phiitewesfv
Qufiswesfv
Rawbewesfv
Sjadarwesfv
Ubmuawesfv
Des hypothèses naissent sur le forum anglophone qui tendent à rejoindre les miennes. J'ai hâte de connaitre le fin mot de l'histoire ♥