Player
    Character
    Kris Goldenshield
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    If they were to overhaul the whole thing, I wish
    A) They introduce Trusts in 2.0, with NPCs coming and going (like the Exarch does in 5.0), ultimately being the Scions mostly. In addition, I wish that the Squadrons were just rolled into the Trust system, so at a certain level (actual level) + story progression + Grand Company Ranking, you would unlock additional NPCs to use in the Trust system with 4 NPCs and as you progress, you get additional NPCs in your roster (I guess 8 of your NPCs + the Scions ultimately).
    B) Not have generic NPCs (current Squadron) but actual story-related NPCs with some of their own story to them, possibly able to meet in the world. I would love to have Curious Gorge... for example.
    C) I think you should be able to slot in your retainers as Trust companions, taking the Squadron slots.
    D) I think you should be able to retire/rehire NPCs that have agreed to adventure with you (agian, example Curious Gorge -> kick from Trust pool-> talk to at Costa Del Sol -> Reget in Trust pool)

...just spit ballin!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aurora Aura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Fir me my changes to Squadrons would be seemingly minor. The retooling of the generics into more fleshed out characters via sidequests (all of which would have the same names but different stories), where each of them go though a character arc based off their role and how you recruited them. Some will be about greenhorns wanting to follow in your footsteps, others will be about those already tied to your GC and wanting to further their ranking, others still would simply be adventures just looking to make a living. As well as explanations for the more silly adventures.

All of this would entail the ability to have Jobs (explained as you teaching the recruits of your arts), and integration into the Trust system, where they'll be available as long as they are not dispatched on a mission (Would also allow you to dispatch 2 teams on missions at once)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Midnight Falcon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    I would love at this point but never will happen. Is retainers, squadrons,bird(miss you bird) and trusts all be deleted.The MB and storage be rebuilt with a better interface and more options. A new Trust system built with ventures and open world content the ability to work and upgrade trusts. Increase the number of trusts so you can run old 8 man content. And let Blues use trusts. But they should still have a story set available for new dungeons for people not into leveling trusts.

As much as I dislike this idea. I would even support selling new trusts with the same power as non cash shop trusts.

I know a pipe dream way to much work.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maetimoht Berkbraena
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 51
    When viewing a making of Shadowbringers video on YT, they mentioned how the Trust AI is a modified version of the FFXII Gambit System. I'd like for the ability to unlock Gambits and customize their behavior further. I really just want something like - If > 3 Enemies : Insert AOE Move here or If Thancred HP < X % HP : Insert Cure move from SCH, AST, RDM. I also would like the commands from Squadrons to be present. Engage/Disengage & Limit Break.
    (2)
    Last edited by EnigmaticDodo; 05-08-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Claire Pendragon
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticDodo View Post
    When viewing a making of Shadowbringers video on YT, they mentioned how the Trust AI is a modified version of the FFXII Gambit System. I'd like for the ability to unlock Gambits and customize their behavior further. I really just want something like - If > 3 Enemies : Insert AOE Move here or If Thancred HP < X % HP : Insert Cure move from SCH, AST, RDM. I also would like the commands from Squadrons to be present. Engage/Disengage & Limit Break.
    the dps dont AoE mostly because of it being a rather simple gambit system.
    the tank looks for any mobs they dont have threat on, and then proceed to AoE after they have hate on all mobs (if 2+) the tank cant miss since the mobs would be gathered around him, and all his AoEs are around him. (look at MRD tanks in squadrons, and how much they miss their cone attacks.)
    the DPS dont even bother to look for multiple mobs, they just pick a target, usually 1st to be targeted, and single target until its dead. (plus if they did try to AoE, they would constantly miss, due to needing to program AoEing to be more complex. such as cones, lines, or picking middle targets for circle moves, etc.)
    (1)
    Last edited by Claire_Pendragon; 05-10-2020 at 12:29 AM.

Player
    Character
    Maetimoht Berkbraena
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire_Pendragon View Post
    the dps dont AoE mostly because of it being a rather simple gambit system.
    the tank looks for any mobs they dont have threat on, and then proceed to AoE after they have hate on all mobs (if 2+) the tank cant miss since the mobs would be gathered around him, and all his AoEs are around him. (look at MRD tanks in squadrons, and how much they miss their cone attacks.)
    the DPS dont even bother to look for multiple mobs, they just pick a target, usually 1st to be targeted, and single target until its dead. (plus if they did try to AoE, they would constantly miss, due to needing to program AoEing to be more complex. such as cones, lines, or picking middle targets for circle moves, etc.)
    If you combined the Engage/Disengage command with additional gambit options, you could cover for the tank AOE missing. I just would spam Engage whenever they would whiff their cone and then be all good. I'm honestly not too concerned with the tanks/heals/dps potentially missing something if I had the option to make them use it repeatedly. In my mind, constant AOE usage is better than sporadic AOE usage.

ᵐᵉ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ᵇᶦᵍ ᵖᵘˡˡ ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ˢʰᵃᵐᵉ ᵐᵉ
    (1)
    Last edited by EnigmaticDodo; 05-10-2020 at 08:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Claire Pendragon
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticDodo View Post
    If you combined the Engage/Disengage command with additional gambit options, you could cover for the tank AOE missing. I just would spam Engage whenever they would whiff their cone and then be all good. I'm honestly not too concerned with the tanks/heals/dps potentially missing something if I had the option to make them use it repeatedly. In my mind, constant AOE usage is better than sporadic AOE usage.

ᵐᵉ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ᵇᶦᵍ ᵖᵘˡˡ ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ˢʰᵃᵐᵉ ᵐᵉ
    if its a cone, it depends on the pull size. (and with how healing is treated, its hard to get the healer to keep the tank up with 2 groups of mobs. if youre the healer, its hard to get the tank to grab all the enemies. if youre the tank, its hard to get the healer to catch up and heal u.)
    so lets say u grab 3 enemies, and they pick the right or left enemy, if they were in the middle of the path, MOST of the time, they will only cone just that enemy. so there's nearly a 66% chance they not only miss the other targets, but spam AoE on a single mob is less DPS.
    if there are 4+ mobs, then you start to see better results... unless, the pick the enemy in the "back" to which they point their cone outward, also only hitting 1 mob. (similar if the side mobs are approached from the opposite side. but one additional exception is if they are max melee range.)
    How about a line AoE? luckily none of them have that.
    Circle AoE? This one is much better. Its very likely to hit more than 1 mob, since mobs are usually gathered around the tank, so even those on the ends, will still be in range of another mob in most cases.
    But is 2 mobs enough for an AoE? what about 3? some DPS only do more DPS on 4/+ mobs. (Granted i havnt kept up with ShB, so maybe this info is incorrect now)

In short, i think they just stuck with the single target bit, to simplify the gambit system. The DPS just need to see if a mob is alive, and then proceed to do the same rotation.
    (1)
    Last edited by Claire_Pendragon; 05-11-2020 at 01:57 AM.
    CLAIRE PENDRAGON

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2