Character
    Alex Nervar
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90

Viera Ears; Headpiece [REQUEST]

Hey there folks,

I'm putting forward the idea for there to be a new headpiece that is based on the Viera's ears. Not a copy, simply based on them. I understand that we have two sets of 'rabbit ears' both for which can be obtained by the goldsaucer - however, these rabbit ears look increasingly tacky, and novelty; which I suppose is the idea Square was going for, at least in regards to novelty, when compared to the Viera's ears which are fuller in shape.

The new release of Viera has shown significant work on the ear department. As you know, the Viera's ears are well designed and appealing. As you also know Viera is gender locked. Some of us don't wish to switch to female Viera, and prefer to be on male toons - or perhaps do not find the body type of female Viera to be appealing, but finds their ears to be so and wish to have something similar as a glamour piece.

Further so, my wants are for ears based on Viera's to be added and to be like the 'horn' headpieces which are simply horns attached to the head without the headband. I wish the ears to be attached to the head, and not have anything that joins them together; is the case with the golden saucer ears. There are two sets of horns, one of them rather recent that can be obtained thy PVP that are like this, the other is ultima horns.

An explanation; the gold saucer ears have a metal tiara like joining that shows above some hairstyles making it look awkward. Due to the texture of the ears, they also do not dye particularly well with dyes and clash with the hair.

The Viera ears are broader and fully shaped, they are obviously made from fur and thus look well with hair as they are designed to do so, and they have distinct turfs of hair at the base and top. I believe that selling a pack of these mock Viera ears in the mogstation would be lucrative. And while it may not fix the issue with some individuals wanting male Viera, it can appease some and also have others who do not plan to switch to Viera to also enjoy similar looking 'honourary Viera ears'.

So, I would like to request that there be a release in headgear that is a level 1 glamour item; perhaps from the Mogstation or otherwise to be released in celebration of Viera finally being released. Obviously, I don't wish for the ears to be gender locked or race locked. Everyone should enjoy them.

Thank you for any support or criticisms you may have. I apologise however that this will not solve the situation with Male Viera or Female Hrothgar, but it's at least something in regards to Viera. Due to the 'forwardness' of the ears on Hrothgar, I am unsure if this would look good due to the massing clipping.

Note; This request is to have a headpiece that is based on Viera's ears; not a direct copy but similar. However, I would not object to a direct copy but I would prefer them to be different somewhat.
    Tldr; Please can we have another set of bunny ears that are based on the Viera's ears?

Note II: This is not the place to argue about genderlocks, minorities and majorities in regards to male Viera. Please keep that at the door.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    So you want the appeal of a Viera without being a Viera?
    May as well give out muscle suits and cat tails while we're at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwenorai View Post
    Unfortunately, I can't play as a male Viera ^^

I don't see a problem with adding Viera like ears. Just like I don't see an issue with some of the horns being similar to au'ra horns, or the wolf/fox ears that are similar to that of Miqo'te. Muscle suits, already exist with some of the existing armours. As for tails. All we have is a bunny tail/wolf tail - and some other tails that are part of the armour thy design. But I know you're simply having a jab. I thank you for your comment none the less as you have brought up a con.

Why have the ears when you can just be a Viera, and wouldn't this take away from them?
    I don't think it would since the ears would be very much different and certainly wouldn't be as good as the real deal. The dye system certainly wouldn't be able to beat the actual character creators hair colour matching. The other argument is that the females are currently gender locked; and thus allows males to at least partake in one of their characteristics, which already exists in the game - in the form of the gold saucer ears - but to have higher quality rabbit/bunny ears.

Furthermore; a headpiece is a lot more reasonable than adding in tails, or 'ahem' muscle suits - due to how the models work. Any 'muscle suits' would be armour alone, and honestly could be added as gag armour. Tails would have to be linked into the bottoms as they always have. So, the headpiece is actually extremely reasonable.
    (23)
    Last edited by Gwenorai; 05-11-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    You have my support.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Oscarlet Oirellain
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I second this. We have the Werewolf Head, which is similar to viera ears.

It covers your real ears with hair, putting alternative ones further up. If they were just a little taller they would pass as male Viera ears on a Hyur or Elezen.

It's an ideal compromise to help satisfy those who want male viera.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Crushing Fatigue
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Make the ears lopped and you have my support.

(4)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    (23)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Alex Nervar
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Unfortunately, I can't play as a male Viera ^^

I don't see a problem with adding Viera like ears. Just like I don't see an issue with some of the horns being similar to au'ra horns, or the wolf/fox ears that are similar to that of Miqo'te. Muscle suits, already exist with some of the existing armours. As for tails. All we have is a bunny tail/wolf tail - and some other tails that are part of the armour thy design. But I know you're simply having a jab. I thank you for your comment none the less as you have brought up a con.

Why have the ears when you can just be a Viera, and wouldn't this take away from them?
    I don't think it would since the ears would be very much different and certainly wouldn't be as good as the real deal. The dye system certainly wouldn't be able to beat the actual character creators hair colour matching. The other argument is that the females are currently gender locked; and thus allows males to at least partake in one of their characteristics, which already exists in the game - in the form of the gold saucer ears - but to have higher quality rabbit/bunny ears.

Furthermore; a headpiece is a lot more reasonable than adding in tails, or 'ahem' muscle suits - due to how the models work. Any 'muscle suits' would be armour alone, and honestly could be added as gag armour. Tails would have to be linked into the bottoms as they always have. So, the headpiece is actually extremely reasonable.

--

I've hit posting limit so I have to edit this post. I hope you understand.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleChickenNugget View Post
    No way. The only unique things about the Viera really are their ears. You argue horns in the game as saying Au Ra have horns. They also have scales, tails, unique mouths, and unique eyes. So far all we have really seen about our bunny girls is that they have ears. No special foot pose outside their starting armor, no tails. Adding Viera ears to the shop so anyone could use them would take away the whole identity so far for them.

You guys just need to wait to see if they eventually add Male versions and in the meantime, stop trying to force obvious alternatives.
    I'm not trying to force anything; it's a request and nothing more. I have high hopes that Viera has a lot more to them than their ears; especially seeing as we already do have some type of rabbit ear available. I can't make more judgment until I fully see what the female Viera have to offer in regards to stances and animations. I only know what the rest of us know, which is they have a unique height, longer hair options and the rabbit ears.

Thank you for the post none the less as the argument regarding Au'ra having more than just their horns was justified.
    (10)
    Last edited by Gwenorai; 05-11-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ayer Austen
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Why not? Apparently making new races is too problematic for the continued development of the game. Added glamour piece which in effect create new races is perfectly reasonable, and quiet frankly makes more sense.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Hana Kaneuchi
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    No way. The only unique things about the Viera really are their ears. You argue horns in the game as saying Au Ra have horns. They also have scales, tails, unique mouths, and unique eyes. So far all we have really seen about our bunny girls is that they have ears. No special foot pose outside their starting armor, no tails. Adding Viera ears to the shop so anyone could use them would take away the whole identity so far for them.

You guys just need to wait to see if they eventually add Male versions and in the meantime, stop trying to force obvious alternatives.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Ayer Austen
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleChickenNugget View Post

The rationale you are using to make your point can equally be used for the opposite.... Basically Viera are tall Hyur with bunny ears. So why didn't they just make bunny ears in the first place.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Hana Kaneuchi
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayer2015 View Post
    The rationale you are using to make your point can equally be used for the opposite.... Basically Viera are tall Hyur with bunny ears. So why didn't they just make bunny ears in the first place.
    They basically are and that's part of the problem. They have a bit more of a smooshed face but the ears are their only true identity. So let them have it.
    (3)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast