Player
    Character
    Melody Jaab
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80

Hunts bring down this game.

I started playing this games in hw patch 3.1 and loved it. HW is one of the best parts of this game. Since I play a bit too much I look to do most stuff this game has on offer. That will imply that I hunted in hw and into sb. On the Hyperion server it was find, it call it, kill it. As there found through the day. It was a fun ez thing to do hear and there up till about patch 4.3 or .4, I think. Now they take the hunt trackers they have had for ages and use em to from a train every time there up and kill em all in a row. If you find one before they start they yell at you to hold off so you can get them all. There just so rude. If I try to do it anyway they say I don't share. Its because there organized that they get there way every time. Now what is a person who want to hunt but can't do about it? Cant report em because its so many different people. Also if you join em theres several problems with there train too. If your slow, lag, slow lode in, old pc, ps4, or mac you miss the hunts. Thats because they fly as a mob to each hunt pre-scouted. That means if your not there at the start or don't know there order you will likely miss a few or more. One time I tried to go with em and missed about 5 or 6 of the sb A rank hunts because I was using my old pc from 2009 with a modern graphics card. I can make it to stuff in eureka and play dungeons on that computer but this is out of hand. When I said I would not use an outside site or application to track hunts I was booted from my hunting linkshell. Since when do we require an outside source to play this game? Whats going to be done to fix this broken hunt system they have?
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Neoyoshi Kaligawa
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I think you already know the answer, the game isn't creating these frustrating experiences for you, the people you play with are.

I cannot speak for Hyperion as i am from Gilgamesh, but different groups do different things- differently. Find the group that matches your play-style and what you may/may-not be limited to, the game's design isn't meant to require outside 3rd party sources, so you shouldn't feel pressured to do that.
    (5)

Journey to all fish: 1214/1514 (300 remaining) [80%]

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    the system isn't broken. you're just choosing not to play within the boundaries. people like schedules. you're free to snipe all you want but just be wary of what your fellow players may think. yes hunts are supposed to be a free for all - and most ARR/HW A rank hunts are. once 5.0 comes along and we get to level 80 the same thing will happen with their hunts and 4.0 A rank hunts will fall to the wayside just like ARR/HW did. as for your computers - well that's more of a you problem then a community mindset problem...?
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Melody Jaab
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    I only wish I knew who ran there discord so I could report em for this bad culture. I try to play around em and thats when they get mad at me for sniping or not sharing. There welcome to help me. Why would they create a thing that leads to this? One organized group taking all the loot for the people who happen to be around or on there discord. Also I heard that discord has meme spamming and should be missed. They ping many afk players to come to hunts even if there on the john or out side.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    It is the people that make the hunt fun. We dismiss chocos and minions on big trains to help with load times. Bring a ranged and hang out on a side away from people. Ranged should barely get damage on train bosses except poison from Oni if you are savvy. Another nice feature of our server is if your train PF group is short people to get credit, a simple shout out will have a few leaving their full group to help you out. Can't ask for a better hunt community than ours really.
    (1)
    Last edited by Besame; 04-12-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    "Fanboy is gaming jargon used to describe an individual that has gone beyond the point of being a PC or console game fan and, during online chats or discussions, shifts to defend the program at all costs, unable to take any criticism or acknowledge any shortcomings of the game or gaming console."

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RMA209 View Post
    I only wish I knew who ran there discord so I could report em for this bad culture. I try to play around em and thats when they get mad at me for sniping or not sharing. There welcome to help me. Why would they create a thing that leads to this? One organized group taking all the loot for the people who happen to be around or on there discord. Also I heard that discord has meme spamming and should be missed. They ping many afk players to come to hunts even if there on the john or out side.
    it's hardly bad culture. if they harass you though feel free to report them. when people operate on a schedule they usually don't like it if something messes with it. (I know i don't like it either when something unexpected messes up a timed thing). People always try to create order from chaos. it's human nature. if you can take something random like A rank spawns and force it into predictable window that makes it easier to exploit it for rewards. Either you beat em or join em.

Discord is set up to mute whatever servers/channels you want to receive notifications for. I have several discords i'm part of but don't ever really read - why? so I can hop in there if needed at any time. you can choose to suppress @here or @everyone notifications so that you don't get triggered by that "1" pop up. I know i miss many hunt train notifications because i'm at work but then when i get home i can somewhat determine when the next train will be and plan accordingly. and if i miss it? So what? they'll always be back the next time to do it. at this point i almost barely even need centurio seals but i still want to do stuff for desynth and get a few more upgrade items easily using clan hunt logs.

I don't know about you but you seem to have a somewhat convoluted view of what hunts should or should not be. But with world visit around the corner things are probably going to be even more shook up as other world interlopers are going to be sniping hunts and it will be even more of a free for all for awhile. And then the hunt community "leaders" will come together to a consensus and create a data center wide hunt train moving from world to world to world. and then you will be back to complaining yet again.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Espikes Darkwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Snip
    Since we're from the same server, I find a lot of inconsistencies with your post. So allow me to explain what I see how hunts are handled mostly on Hyperion. Keep in mind I am mostly a passerby when it comes to hunts, and if I am not busy and need seals at that point (or bored xD) I usually tag along.

When it comes to A ranks:

Someone will usually do a shout in one of the most populated areas, such as Kugane, The Reach, Mor Donuts, etc. It just depends on who is where usually I would believe, so the word gets around that a train is forming and give the position of where the hunt train will be starting.

This same message also goes through in Hunt LS chats, so plenty of notices both through normal channels and worldwide exist, so there isn't much of a reason to NOT join up with the hunt groups and tag along (Are also free to set up your own A rank train party through the PF to grab stragglers if parties are full).

Now once people start showing up, folks will usually wait a good while, usually doing a shout to see if anyone is on the way (which a new thing they have been doing, at least on night trains, so it's kinda nice ).

After a bit, folks do what they do best, zerg until dead! Once it's down, someone will then post the position and area of the next mob in the train, and you can either catch the teleports, or start your own and move on. Rinse and repeat until all A ranks are gone. Everyone gets seals, clusters and people are happy.

It's this kind of organization that makes A ranks so nice and painless. Unlike S ranks, where it's basically a free for all.

You say your getting yelled at for trying to kill a A rank you found. Sure, they can yell at you, but you did find it, so kill it at your leisure. Honestly, there is not much they can do to stop you, since your not breaking any real rules, so if you kill it before the train, they will be salty sure, but they will just move on to the next. There are plenty more up.

Just remember that your also doing the same thing you have a issue about, which is killing a A rank solo SOMEONE ELSE might be wanting for seals as well. Your creating the same problem on your own that your trying to solve!

You also state that no one shares the position of the next one that the train is after, besides the fact that the train does shouts for the next Hunt mob for both those in other parties and people that may be coming into the hunt train late..so...do you have your chat disabled?

There is also the notion that a Hunt LS requires you to use a third party program to join in on hunt, which is laughably false. Again, the position of hunts are called out through LS channels, or even in shouts. No outside source is required unless you are keeping track of all hunts and timers. If you just want to get to a hunt, none of that is required, just a Hunt LS. (And if one is rudely forcing you to get a tracker, and you don't feel comfortable using a outside source, then you were better off getting removed from said Hunt LS).

Lastly, how can a entire server be blamed for your computer issues? There is nothing we can do about the slow load times. That unfortunately is something that will have to be resolved on your end. You can't expect a entire server full of people to cater to you only. Eureka is different since the instance scales NM differently, up to the point NMs can be nothing but HP sponges.

Hunts are rough due to our ever increasing power ratings, and it's only going to get worse come the new expansion. There is only so much we can do and yes, some people will miss out on one or two hunts, but it is not the end of the world, and there are good people out there doing their best to organize random strangers so that everyone can have the best and fair experience possible.

My apologies to everyone for the long wall of text here..but it was just too much to see the degree of false information, at least where A ranks and trains are concerned.
    (5)
    Last edited by Esp; 04-12-2019 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Tablet sucks...gotta stop walling of texting with this thing..

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Doesn't matter even if you did know. GMs only take action against things done in-game. Not in a third-party chat tool. They have no jurisdiction there.

It seems like you're actively choosing not to play with them. Why should they help you? Why can't you do Hunt trains on their schedule? Why does it have to be on your schedule?
    (5)

Player

I have seen people intentionally leave people out of hunts while they are begging to be in, then get mad when they hunt it too. Why? This is the behavior that makes the snipers and bad players. What does it take to include the outsider? Nothing really.
    (0)

私の手ぎゅっと握りしめて
    いつもこう言ったね…

Player
    Character
    Edge Void
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    There are parties who actually focus on spawning S ranks. If you sit in a hub and wait for a call out chances are your report was already delayed.

Load times get longer if ppl tele to an S rank and if you are using a old computer your only chance would be to help the ppl that spawn them rather then moving when its spawned

System is fine as is.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast