Player
    Character
    Gizu Momozu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80

Suggestion: Let your squadron help out on low level FATES

So I came back after a year and a half of inactivity and noticed that there are a ton of low level fates in ARR and Heavensword zones that nobody does anymore.

I'm talking about the boss ones btw. They are really hard to solo especially if you are a DPS. It would be quite helpful if you could summon your squadron to help during these FATES.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Haxaan Shivar
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    If the Trust system can be used outside of the Shadowbringers areas than this may be an answer to your request. We will have to see once we get more information.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fey Nafilia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 74
    I feel like FATEs need an overhaul in general if SE wants people to still do them. Apart from quest specific FATEs, there's almost no incentive to care about them at all, especially for new players. The rewards are way too low and they take much too long to complete since no one is participating.

It feels like they wanted to copy the dynamic events from Guild Wars 2*, but A) didn't want to put in the same amount of effort and B) didn't want people to only grind FATEs instead of doing dungeons et cetera. And so they ended up with a useless piece of content that they have to keep carrying around because they don't want to admit that it's simply not well designed.

*Possible that another game did this kind of content before GW2, but that's beside the point.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I'd really like squadrons to be useful for a lot more in general. But it looks like SE is abandoning them in favor of trusts. Well, I hope trusts can be used on a number of older things it's difficult to find people for, then....
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Overworld in general is fairly useless. I guess maybe if something has a crafting mat you need, you might go farming. But otherwise, mostly seems like the most logical choice is to avoid combat unless its necessary.

Not really sure there's anything to be done for it, tho. Suspect it's designed the way it is specifically because they would rather have players queuing into instances. Try to make the cost/benefit equal to dungeons/roulettes/deep dungeons, etc, and you'll just end up with longer queue times when players decide they'd rather not bother with party content.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ein Vaer
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    They need to buff FATE exp or the rewards so people waiting in queue for actual 4 man dungeons or roulettes can get some exp/rewards while waiting now that you will be able to use trust to run leveling dungeons (at least for ShB, not sure if its going to be for everything on launch) on any job you want bypassing queue times. Small amounts of allied seals perhaps? Weekly cap it so it doesn't get out of control, so people can work on getting the old mount speed boosts, now that they're handing them out with BLU anyway.

They need to readjust the scaling system so it dynamically scales based on the amount of players around, and not based on the amount of players that were there the last time a FATE was completed in the area. This is so you don't end up with a 15 player buffed FATE, and half the people left because their queue popped and now the people remaining have to kill a ton of bloated HP mobs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Derio Uzumaki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Fates need a complete overhaul come 5.0 I am surprised it wasn’t in any of the fan fest questions
    (0)