Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Player
    Character
    Seren Seraph
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Are the cards sold at the Golden Saucer something that will be discounted during the Make it Rain Campaign? Something I wondered about recently since I haven't shelled out for Cloud yet xD
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Halston Adkins
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 62
    I second the notion of allowing both (1) 5-star and (1) 4-star at some point in collection. It would really increase available strategies, too.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Naychan Le'mew
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Just wanted to say I finally beat that tramp in the golden saucer and now have all 3 of her cards. You know the one who does not have a symbol above her head. She who will not be named.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Xiomara Sage
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    The card that drops in Kugane Ohashi needs to be attached to an NPC because that trial is dead content and the 5% drop rate means it's going to be impossible to obtain if you do manage to get into the trial.
    (0)

5. 11-02-2020 11:21 AM

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Apologize for the Necro but drop rates still suck. I understand the folks that will say "we had it worse" but that doesn't make for fun gameplay regardless.

The problem is when NPCs are hard to beat, have multiple cards, and low drop rates results in a lot of tedium. If an NPC only has 1 card, 20-40 wins isn't bad because you know when you see that card it's what you need. But seeing an NPC with 3 cards X,Y,Z can result in needing hundreds of wins because you need card X but have multiple copies of card Y and Z despite winning numerous times.
    (2)
    • Veteran healers don't care if we actually have to heal, but right now we don't. We simply want something interesting to do during the downtime. That is not asking for a lot
    • Dead DPS do no DPS. Raised DPS do 25/50% lower DPS. Do the mechanics and don't stand in bad stuff.
    • Other games expect basic competence, FFXIV is pleasantly surprised by it. Other games have toxic elitism. FFXIV has toxic casualism.

Player
    Character
    Jain Farstrider
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    I don't know if I agree with the "drop rates from NPCs" sucks. I've personally earned 311/312 pre-EW cards, as well as my wife... and I've offered guidance to a 3 friends that started after I did and got the Magicked Flying Toast. Albeit, this is anecdotal at best. Just because the 5 of us didn't find any particular NPC drops to be ridiculous, doesn't mean that is what the average player experiences. It also doesn't mean that what the previous poster experienced is what the average player experiences.

I will say that I think developers should seriously consider the following:
    • Cards that drop from extreme trials should be obtainable with totems
    • Cards that drop from normal trials should remain unchanged (give an incentive to run extremes for cards)
    • 24-man TT cards (cards that drop to the party's loot) should not allow Need unless the player doesn't have the card. Otherwise, Greed only.

The mechanism for modifying 24-man Need/Greed is sort of in place already. In a recent patch, they added that "check-box" on any minion/orchestrion/TT/etc items that are already scribed. All they would have to do is grey out "Need" on any item that already has a check box.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Daisy Day
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 71
    i'm suffering with npcs that have multiple card drops they keep giving the same cards i have alrdy and not the last one

i have spent literally more than an hour playing the same npc for one of three cards
    (1)
    Last edited by boopadoop; 04-19-2023 at 04:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Luluna Eve
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I have quite a few now from just doing games here and there over the years but I am missing some of the extremes now or certain trials that can not be done alone and I would need to farm it over and over as the drop rates are so bad. I think they need to look at another way of getting cards for the really hard ones at least.
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5