Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylla View Post
    It been a month since Flo hit NC and SC, how about them people who may have been playing XIV and had a house but are now displaced?
    I'm pretty sure that SE has a very good idea of what players might have been impacted by that. It's not hard for them to pull up a list of accounts with active subscriptions that have addresses on file in the affected areas.

Before any more start with the "SE only cares about those in Japan", maybe you should take a look at the timing of the demo suspension on the JP servers earlier this year. The flooding in Japan started in at the end of June and kept escalating until the rains finally started to die out on July 9th. It wasn't until July 30th, 3 weeks later, that SE announced the suspension of the demo timers.

If it was a knee jerk reaction just because the flooding was happening in Japan, they wouldn't have waited until 3 weeks after the flood waters began to subside to announce the suspension. They were trying to see just how many players were being affected in the long term before deciding if they should suspend the timer.

Have faith they will follow the same procedure for other major disasters around the world, including the current and recent hurricanes in the US. They did suspend the demo timers last year when they felt there were enough players affected to warrant it. They will do the same again this time if enough players are actually impacted.

The sad truth is most who come in here going "Look, a natural disaster! Suspend the demo timers for my region" aren't affected by those disasters, do not know anyone affected by those disasters and don't even care about those who are. They're looking to turn misfortune suffered by others to their own benefit.

Instead of worrying about demo timers, how about worrying about the real life health and safety of those affected instead? That's far more important than some virtual house in some video game.

Quote Originally Posted by MizArai View Post
    but I am trying to help people realize how much damage these huge, nasty hurricanes can cause, and how long it can take to fully recover.
    Which makes such dramatic concern over something in a video game even more pathetic.

People need to stop obsessing over the status of FFXIV houses and start thinking of the people instead.
    (4)
    Last edited by Jojoya; 10-14-2018 at 03:42 AM.

Player
    Character
    Altayre Flux
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Hi,

So, I dont post much/at all here, but I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring as one directly affected by Hurricane Michael and as a homeowner (in game and irl).

I live in Panama City, Florida and work on Tyndall Air Force Base. If you follow the news at all, the base was leveled and my neighborhood in Callaway wrecked. Both of these places have been visited extensively by the media. My house has no power, no water, and I have insurance claims in progress for extensive house and car damages. I'm currently living with family in Tallahassee until things get fixed.

I also, maybe a week and a half before the storm went through, bought a medium plot and decorated it extensively. I'm now concerned that I'm going to lose my new house just after buying it, through no fault of my own. An extension of the housing timer would be welcome.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Sorry to hear you were one of those affected. I hope all your friends and family are well.

If you're unable to borrow someone's computer or PS4 to log into the game, you might want to contact Customer Support through the Lodestone and explain your situation. It could be there is something they can do to help you if there is no general demo timer suspension in the works. I know with some other online games, Game Masters are able to log onto a player's character to perform actions to fix an issue with that character. Perhaps one of the FFXIV Game Masters could log onto your character and enter your house to reset the demo timer. I don't know if their policies will allow it in your situation but it's worth a try.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Altayre Flux
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    If you're unable to borrow someone's computer or PS4 to log into the game, you might want to contact Customer Support through the Lodestone and explain your situation. It could be there is something they can do to help you if there is no general demo timer suspension in the works. I know with some other online games, Game Masters are able to log onto a player's character to perform actions to fix an issue with that character. Perhaps one of the FFXIV Game Masters could log onto your character and enter your house to reset the demo timer. I don't know if their policies will allow it in your situation but it's worth a try.
    Thank you for your response. Per contact with customer service, this is a service they cannot provide.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70
    Looks like the demo timer has been suspended for now on Aether & Primal worlds.
    (1)

Hi everyone,

We recently announced that the housing demolition timer has been suspended on both the Primal & Aether data centers temporarily.

The entire team would like to personally send our best wishes to all those affected by the hurricane, and we hope you are able to find relief very soon.
    (16)
    Neha "Ridrina" Nair - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Amai Kikyo
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    I appreciate that the game stopped the timer- but now it needs to come back on.
    Thank You~
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by MeriAngel View Post
    Thank You~
    ...this post might not be related in any way to this one:

I wish they gave more money back to those who want to give up home so as to make more available. I know many who dont want to be part of the seller problem - but really want some money back and to transfer to a small (which is what I want) will loose me over 10mil.
    I know it is a money sink- but it shouldn't be this much of a ding.
    Because if it is, that would be pretty damn tasteless...

If it isnt, I'd be curious to hear why the demo timer needs to come back on again. Are the effected areas magically fixed?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Thank You~
    They literally just stopped it last week, and the areas affected that this was in consideration towards are not anywhere near being "better". I know you're trying to get rid of a house and it sucks that the auto-demo is down (and, honestly, there should be an option to "get rid of your house" but still get the gil in times like this) but you wanting to get rid of a house doesn't outweigh the thousands of people who would lose their houses if they put the demo back on after one week.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Thank You~
    To the best of my knowledge, the suspension of the demo timers on the JP realms due to the flooding in Japan back in July is still in effect 3 months later. I doubt very much that the suspension of the NA demo timer is going to end any faster.

Just relocate and move on rather than wait if you really want to get rid of your medium. If all you were really after is the gil, then earn it. It's not hard to make 10 million gil.

This is why I'd like to see them implement some sort of non-refundable monthly maintenance fee on ward housing. That becomes the gil sink and then players could get full refunds of the purchase price when they no longer own the plot. It becomes the demo timer (two weeks past due on your fees? demo). It would also make players think twice about buying up a house they aren't really going to use when they have to keep paying monthly.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast