Player
    Character
    Hye Senft
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70

the lobby server connection has encountered an error 2002 massive problem

A few friend of mine started having the same issue a few days ago and now it started affecting me as well. I can connect just fine on EU/JP Data Center but not on Aether.
    I'm wasting my last 4 days of subs disconnected and unable to run anything with friends. (been watching other players disconnecting a lot during dutys before too)

- Platform
    PC
    - Type of connection
    WIRED
    - Other programs running while the game is playing
    ONLY DISCORD
    - Everything you have tried to resolve the issue
    Restarting modem, connecting on other data centers to make sure that wasnt my problem..
    (0)

Thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums,

We apologize for the delay in our response, please try the following options:

- The game will use the Internet Explorer web browser to connect to the internet. Open Internet Explorer, then open the "Tools" setting, go to "Internet Options" and adjust the following settings:
    - Under the "General" tab, please delete ALL browser history.
    - Under the "Security" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or no higher than "Medium"
    - Under the "Privacy" tab, click “Advanced” and select ‘Accept’ under both First Party and Third Party Cookies.
    - Under the "Advanced" tab, please make sure that "Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid" is CHECKED.
    - Make sure that all SSL and TLS (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are CHECKED. [SSL 3.0 should be UNCHECKED]
    - Hit "Apply" to save the settings, and then "OK, to close the Internet Options menu.
    - Right-Click on the FFXIV launcher icon and select "Properties"
    - Go to the "Compatibility" tab, and change the compatibility mode to "Windows 7"
    - Hit "Apply", then "OK" to save the changes.
    - Please RESTART your PC now. Once your PC has been restarted, Right-Click the FFXIV launcher icon once more and select "Run as Administrator"

-Make sure your fire wall or antivirus program is not interfering with the game

- Check to see if the following port ranges are opened on your router. You can contact your ISP and request they open them for you:
    ▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040

-Try disabling background applications and do a clean boot by opening the task manager and selecting the “Start up” tab. Disable everything and then restart the PC.

Hope to see you online!
    (0)
    Last edited by Dynratygus; 10-10-2018 at 08:05 AM.