Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Character
    Yui Tenshi
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Larboard/Starboard reminds me of Brightblade/Darkblade of Tsukuyomi. When you first see the attack being cast, you're like, "Oh f***, what do I do? Where should I be?" And then you die... But after running it several times, you get use to it and have no problem reacting because you memorize the phases so you know when there's an important cast coming up that you need to pay attention to. Basically, it seems like the game these days tend to lean towards mechanics that have no indicators and relies on you memorizing what comes next.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reinhardt Azureheim
    World
    Alpha
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Something I want to point out about O12N:

Tanks being at the opposite of each other works to reduce the tanks' damage taken from meteors, however the rest will take more damage if they stand close to middle rather than at the edge furthest from both tanks (in simple terms, triangle formation.

Personal recommendation - place Omega M + F at the left and right side close to Omega Eye. The Eye signals where the laser goes through, meteors always land on tanks and Sagittarius Arrow always points in the direction of the Omega F tank.

By having both tanks sit close to the eye left and right of the rectangle AOE, the other six players can run all the way to the other side of the plattform for minimal damage taken while the tanks' damage is easier to mitigate and recover. Arrow lines up with eye laser in a T-shape, vastly reducing the effective AOE area compared to arrow going through middle.

TL;DR: Triangle formation similar to exdeath flare is recommended to handle damage easier; shield tanks and make them use fitting mitigation (if necessary tank stance - even high-end raiders consider tank stance for spot-on mitigation when needed).
    (0)

3. 10-09-2018 12:03 AM
    Reason
    Errors

Player
    Character
    Chloe Redstone
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizze View Post
    Part of this problem is that i(and im sure many others) dont run TofF often. I know the attack, but i always doubt that i remember it right. Is he calling the direction he's attacking(so port/star means get in front/behind) or is he calling the safe spots(meaning port/star wants you to get to either side)? Im 75% sure he's calling the direction of the attack, but i always doubt myself until the first attack goes out each time i randomly wind up there. Not that this applies to me with Omega. That one im positive he's calling out the attack.
    I'm a bit late - but you replied to me so I'll answer.

It calls out where it will attack. Example;

"Fore and Aft": fore obviously meaning forward, which means he will cleave front and back, so you stand to his sides to avoid it.
    "Port and Star": same as Alpha's "Starboard" laser - it essentially means "Left & Right" (nautical terms, god knows why), so you have to stand in-front or behind him.

The similarity is how I low-key solved what I was doing wrong on my first blind visit to Omega3. Starboard (right): Yes? Move to its left. No? Move to its right. Repeat after spin-turn.
    (1)
    "And all the Hyur's say I'm pretty sage – for a White Mage!"

Player
    Character
    Mikeru Takeuchi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I am one who uses the foundation of the key word Larboard = Omega's Left.
    (0)
    My Current Characters:
    Mikeru Takeuchi: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/14812205/
    Ekkusu Volnutt: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/8909941/
    Rokku Sigma: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/5714962/

"Break a warrior's body, and he will thirst for vengeance. Break his spirit, and he will clamor for peace. Judge my methods distasteful if you will - but know that I seek to end this conflict, not prolong it." - Yadovv Gah, Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RopeDrink View Post
    I'm a bit late - but you replied to me so I'll answer.
    Like i said, i know the attack and im always 75% sure i remember it right. Next time i randomly get TotF itll have been over 2 months since the last time i ran it. Ill still have that "oh shit" moment i always do. It just happens. When this was the current tier my experts dropped me into kugane or ala mhigo 90% of the time. Its why i have the yugiri mini and the reaper mount but not the coerlpaw mini.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Chloe Redstone
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    90% of the time I run 70-Dungeon-Roulette, it has pretty much always been TotF. Despite this, when fighting said boss and even when there aren't mechanics like Tapas to force movement and lower player awareness, most people I get in a group still fail miserably at dodging it, all because of the nautical terms being used rather than modern English. Neither TotF-2 or Om3 would be causing people issues if it simply said "LEFT" or "RIGHT". Not that I'm complaining or that it's an issue (unless they eat constant mechanics and end up over-stacking the +DamTaken debuff) --- point was simply that if people found TotF Fore/Aft/Port/Star shenanigans awkward, they surely won't enjoy StarboardLarboard given how unforgiving it is to anyone not rocking at least 365 gear as a non-tank.
    (1)
    "And all the Hyur's say I'm pretty sage – for a White Mage!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3