Player
    Character
    Sa'niquel Amrita
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90

White Raven earring given out at The Rising event 2018

The lodestone has announced the new Rising event.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...18/The_Rising/

As you can see, they are giving away not just a replica; but the same exclusive 1.0 item won from the hard mode of the limited-time fight against Nael van Darnus in the side quest The Raven, Nevermore in Version 1.0. (You would recognise the Dalamud from which Bahamut burst forth and laid waste to what was 1.0)

(Thank you to Pawah on post #417 for this quote http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...805#post859805)
    Obviously in this 2012 context 'A realm reborn' refers to the games rebirth in general, not 'before heavensward'. I doubt a community rep even knew the next expansions name then.

I want to express my fervent disappointment in the decision to bring a Trophy item like this back and just hand it out like it means nothing.
    This item is a direct symbol of the games origins but most of all, to those of us who earned it through battle.. well its a message that nothing in this game is worth anything.

I would feel terrible if the exclusive Trophies won by the Feast champions were given out next year for just doing a 15 minute event. Or the Ultimate Weapons being given out in a few years time for no effort even though they said (this year) they will not make the fight easier. Why have a Trophy when you didn't earn it?

That is how I feel about the White Ravens, these event items are not even Replicas and it saddens me.
    I don't want to cause an argument about entitlement, that isn't an issue. This is about being authentic and trustworthy so that there is value that can be gleamed from the decision to spend hours in this world that I want to keep on loving.

Edit: I'd like to bring attention to this players post, its a lovely snapshot that tries to explain to people who were not there that there were layers of trials/difficulty that lead you up to being sufficiently geared; hence able to complete Rivenroad. Please click the arrows next to his name for the full post, there is more detail in this post as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiral_Benson View Post
    I cleared both Ultimate and Rivenroad (Hard), I think I can give accurately enough my 2 cents about comparing their difficulty.
    But as opposed as some people, I'm taking everything into account to measure their respective difficulty, because in the end, you have to go through all those things to get your clear, not just popping in the arena, and this is what will dictate the number of hours, your involvement level and all the resources you had to deploy.
    Edit:

This post by Tiraelina is also a collection of official statements/posts about 1.0 and its content not being available in the reborn game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualgunner View Post
    If we're gonna play semantics you only need ARR to access this (The event), thus it is available in ARR. Lol

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post

I would also like to apologize to those who feel the decision to give away the White Ravens as a reward was unfair or disappointing, as undermining prior achievements was certainly not the intention of the development and operations teams.
    We are deeply sorry for this oversight, and we now realize our mistake in not making the item a "replica" in the first place, as has been suggested.

This quote is quite long, so I have cut it down, you can click it to see the full quote.
    Thank you for taking the time to reply Yoshida-san.
    I would like to ask that some time soon, perhaps when your deadlines allow; that you can kindly fix said mistake and rename the event items as 'White Ravens Replica' especially if they are going to be added to the Mog Station next year.

Getting feedback from these forums is quite difficult when emotions run high, Perhaps an official survey with meaningful questions would help in this regard.

Faithfully,
    Sa'Niquel Amrita.
    (113)
    Last edited by Niqote; 08-31-2018 at 05:20 PM.

Masamune ♡ SGD ♡ Australia
    My DA / FFXIV SS Glamours - http://tinyurl.com/mvmdebr