Page 94 of 124 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast
    Player

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn View Post
    How many hints do you need, that SE dont need veteran players anymore?
    I think they are (some of) the veterans that must accept that five years are a fair time to get "exclusive", instead.

Now times are changed, this is not 1.0 anymore, and they have to deal with it. And them clinging to how much epic and beautiful 1.0 was, and I don't even know how much other good things 1.0 had, totally discharging the FACT that the so-called wonderful/epic/great 1.0 were to make SE bankrupt.

If SE didn't made the effort (and the risk) of make 2.0, all those whining veterans were to keep that "exclusivity" in their screenshot lying somewhere in their hard disks.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tristan Vayne
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaru View Post
    Thank you for your permission.

It’s an entire $300, you make it sound like a fortune. $5 per month at 12 months is $60 per year, at 5 years is $300, I won’t even ask for my $45 back. I spend over $100 per month on tea alone.

If I was so poor that $5 per month was a significant expense, I wouldn’t be spending $15 per month on a video game!
    This is just sad.
    (9)

Baby, tell me, what's your motive?

Player
    Character
    M'telihgo Feilyon
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LalaRu View Post
    I don't even know how much other good things 1.0 had.
    I’m going to do you a solid here and help you out.

The most coveted unavailable items would be:
    The legacy Chocobo
    The legacy Goobbue
    Dalamud’s Horn
    The legacy tramp stamp
    Hermès Sandles

Oops, I almost forgot the most important thing of all. I hope you’re sitting down for this part. You get to save $5 off your sub!! We had to pay for that privilege back in 1.0, but you’re here now and you want it, and by golly you should have it too!

There was a thread asking for these things to be added to next year’s Rising event. I was going to add a link for you, but I don’t see it now. I suggest you make a new one. If the devs see enough requests, they will quite literally give you anything that you ask for. Seriously.
    (4)
    Last edited by Istaru; 08-31-2018 at 02:46 AM.
    #GetSelliBack2018

Reading too much of the forums makes me very sad and apathetic.

Player
    Character
    M'telihgo Feilyon
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ErryK View Post
    This is just sad.
    It is sad that people still see that someone has something they covet and they can’t stand that they don’t have it.

Personally, SE could give everyone a $9.99 sub and I seriously wouldn’t give a oop:.
    (2)
    #GetSelliBack2018

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    There was a thread asking for these things to be added to next year’s Rising event. I was going to add a link for you, but I don’t see it now. I suggest you make a new one. If the devs see enough requests, they will quite literally give you anything that you ask for. Seriously.
    To be fair, I think that thread was made to mock the very people who would seriously ask for something like that. lol
    (1)

Player
    Character
    M'telihgo Feilyon
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dualgunner View Post
    To be fair, I think that thread was made to mock the very people who would seriously ask for something like that. lol
    I agree, and though I was someone unhappy about them giving out quest rewards, I decided I just don’t five a guck anymore. I actually had a couple giggles from it.
    (1)
    #GetSelliBack2018

Player
    Character
    Ardor Historia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Thank you for your permission.

It’s an entire $300, you make it sound like a fortune. $5 per month at 12 months is $60 per year, at 5 years is $300, I won’t even ask for my $45 back. I spend over $100 per month on tea alone.

If I was so poor that $5 per month was a significant expense, I wouldn’t be spending $15 per month on a video game!
    Mighty expensive tea, if you burn 100 dollars a month on it.
    You're making assumptions on how well someone is or isn't and I don't see how that is part of the argument at all.

Some of us care about how much we spend, regardless of how little you think it is.
    By your own admission, you'd just as well spend 200 $ on a game that would normally be priced at 60 simply because it doesn't inconvenience you.

---

After giving it some deeper thought though, I can't rightly argue that it is a big expense. But the point remains that it is by far the best reward legacy players have, for it is the only one that has any monetary value, in the form of a discount. It's still money you can spend elsewhere.

Maybe the earrings mean more to you.
    To some of us, it really doesn't.

So to reiterate, I'd happily give up these event earrings if I'd get a retroactive refund, and got a discounted sub.
    Would you be willing to give up your discount, to keep the earrings an exclusive? :b
    (6)
    "You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you!"

Player
    Character
    M'telihgo Feilyon
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Odstarva View Post
    Would you be willing to give up your discount, to keep the earrings an exclusive? :b
    I pretty much said so here:

Is your question, would I trade the White Ravens maintaining their exclusivity in exchange for the abolition of my reduced sub and be back charged for the difference in sub? While I want to say yes, $300 isn’t much money to me, I suspect they will change that too since things change. Therefore, out of lack of trust, I would decline.
    I would decline only out if a lack of faith in them honoring it. No amount of money can change how I feel about that. Shame on me for ever believing them. They are a company and getting money is all that matters. They decided that they had little or nothing to lose by giving them away. That is their choice. I used to think higher of them than EA or Activision. My fault, lesson learned. I won’t trust them like that again.

I will say one last thing about the money part. I understand the monetary value thing and you are correct. That has tangible value. I also firmly believe that if you are poor enough that $5 is that significant, spending $15 on a monthly fee for a video game may not be the best use of your very limited money.

Technically, another thing but should’ve been said too. I will also say that it is a shame that there are people on that situation, especially when there are people who couldn’t even spend all their money if they tried. That’s what is truly sad.

On my tea habit? Starbucks every day gets expensive fast!
    (1)
    Last edited by Istaru; 08-31-2018 at 03:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Karuru Karu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    On my tea habit? Starbucks every day gets expensive fast!
    And that's the reason why poor people are sitting most of the time at home. They simply don't have the money to go out and do something. Spending 15 bucks a month for FF14 is actually a good investment to get some entertainment. Especially compared to buying a new game every few weeks.
    You can meet people in the virtual world without the hassle to have to spend 3 bucks on a coffee, paying 5 bucks for public transport and 10 to get into a night club or whatever.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kurumii Tokisakii
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    We got a new cosmetic and I missed it??? Rats!

I don’t give a crap about the reduced sub fee. Some people go all kinds of crazy over that. If $5 per month is that much of a big deal, I think they may need to re-evaluate how they spend their money.

Is your question, would I trade the White Ravens maintaining their exclusivity in exchange for the abolition of my reduced sub and be back charged for the difference in sub? While I want to say yes, $300 isn’t much money to me, I suspect they will change that too since things change. Therefore, out of lack of trust, I would decline.
    300$ are 300$ just because you don't know the value of money it doesn't have to count for others too no matter if they have a high income or not.
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    Good talk, all. Glad we had it.
    暗闇の力#7805

Page 94 of 124 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast