Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    The game DOES NOT let you put this gear into the Armoire.
    The game DOES NOT let you put this gear into the Glamour Dresser**.

Very frustrating. Very irritating. I see no reason for this restriction.

**The last time I actually attempted to do this was right after they added the Glamour Dresser. It may have changed since then, and if so, please let me know so I can go put this crap in my dresser.
    I thought the only things that couldn't go in either the dresser or armoire were pieces with unique extra information that those features can't reproduce when the item is removed, like relic weapons with customizable stats, or a wedding ring that has an extra field to identify whom you're married to. But I don't believe there are any such extra fields on an Onion Doublet, so it should be allowed.

It's possible that between when the dresser was introduced in 4.2 and when it was updated to allow removal of items in 4.3, there may have been additional restrictions to block really rare items from being placed there, since for that original version you couldn't get things back once put in the dresser. (I don't know if that's the case, but it would kind of make sense.) If so, that could account for why it didn't work before. It's worth trying again to check whether it can be placed in the dresser now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    As mentioned by this person
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixxe View Post
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...m/0ece80aeba3/

It's flagged as being able to be put in the glamour dresser. You can check just by looking at the icons on the item's tooltip in the game.
    You can indeed put it in the glamour dresser. I tried after reading that post, and was successful. I have no idea why you couldn't originally, but after they added the ability to remove things from the dresser, I guess they increased the number of things that were allowed to be put into the dresser. Back when I had originally tried, you couldn't put in a small variety of random things I had (Oschon's Ring, Manderville Earrings, etc.). Now all of those items can be stuffed in the dresser as well.

I'll go back and strike through my old post so no one else gets confused.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raldo; 08-30-2018 at 12:59 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sindele Actoria
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    So, for what it's worth as an update on down the line: I just espied someone who's been on the same hunt picking one up today in 6.0, so the game is still afoot, I believe. Of course, it could be faked - but I've no reason to doubt the veracity of this one.

Soldier on, future onions, soldier on.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    F'lawless Jesse
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Found this thread while looking up what these even were, and since someone already bumped it today - I might as well confirm that I got the onion gaskins today in 6.0.

...they don't look great, and honestly the only item of the set I find interesting is the helm which isn't possible to get. But I guess I'm obligated to let it eat a glamour dresser slot forever, since it's so rare.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Dulce Capulet
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

Onion Doublet Acquired 6.0

2/13/2022 got an onion doublet from my retainer
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kono Suba
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    [QUOTE=fo_of;4752513]June 2021 Edit: I don't think the Onion pieces are available anymore since the 5.4 Patch Notes states: "Certain items previously obtainable via retainer ventures have been removed."

Fyi, i just obtained the onion doublet, so this is me confirming the set is still obtainable in late 2022.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Alchemii Theartificer
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Yay I'm not alone in my quest for the Onion Gear!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ekoko Eko
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Can confirm the Onion Doublet is still dropping. I got one this morning from my level 89 Botanist on a quick venture.

Sorry for the lack of a screenshot, I managed to spill a drink on my keyboard and was drying it off prior, so a crummy phone photo will have to suffice.

A nice start to 2023 with an unexpected Onion gear drop. I've been wanting one, but never thought I'd eventually get a piece!
    (4)
    Last edited by Ekoko; 01-31-2023 at 01:52 PM.

Player
    Character
    Deidrea Shadowbane
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Got the last 2 Weeks 2 Onion Doublets, 1 of a Miner Retainer Level 90 and 1 of a Level 90 Summoner Retainer Item Level 610. Wish I gould get the other Parts too.
    (0)
    Someone call the Forum Police! Because I wrote passive aggressively that DT looks not good.

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    It might be a matter of the prize pool getting larger as the game goes onwards.

On the one hand, they might have set it up to only be obtainable by max level retainers, but if not, then I assume it's a level 50 item and you might have more chance if you deliberately raise a job to only level 50 and assign your retainer to that job.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast