Announcing the Art and Costume Contests!

Calling all creatives across the realm! We’re pleased to announce that the Fan Festival 2018 in Las Vegas Art and Costume Contests are now live. It’s time to dust off your tools and start crafting, adventurers, because you won’t want to miss out on these exciting prizes! We’ve got adorable Namazu plushies, signed copies of prizing like the Stormblood soundtrack and the upcoming Encyclopaedia Eorzea Volume II, a brand-new in-game item (which will be revealed soon!) and plenty more to award the best of the best, so don’t delay! Take a look at our Activities section on the official Fan Festival site for details and be sure to read over the rules and guidelines carefully.

It's important to note that while you'll need to be in attendance for the Costume Contest to show off your outfit on stage to our judges, you do not need to be an attendee to submit entries for the Art Contest! We're excited to open the Art Contest up to artists across the realm to showcase their talents! Similar to previous years, we'll choose the finalists to display at the show and the attendees will make the final decisions, so everyone is involved!

Keen-eyed adventuers will also notice that a brand new in-game hairstyle is available as a prize for both of the contests. What is it, you may ask? You'll need to stay tuned for the reveal in the future!

We look forward to seeing your work, Warriors of Light!

Costume Contest Rules: https://sqex.to/NEa
    Art Contest Rules: https://sqex.to/35S
    (3)
    Chenin "Luxpheras" Matthews - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Pola Wren
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Hello!
    I was hoping it was okay to ask a question here.
    In the past, it has been against the rules of art/design contests to post our entries publicly before the finalists are announced.
    But the rules seem to indicate they want us to post the art contest entries on a public site this time?
    (I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with Imur or Flickr so I'm not sure if uploaded images can be set to private or not)

I just want to be extra certain before I do something and accidentally disqualify myself!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sachiko Kumagai
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 81

Question re: physical art entries

Greetings!

I was looking to get feedback for the following questions:

1) "Physical illustrations, paintings, or any other 2 dimensional work must be scanned, photographed or otherwise uploaded and submitted in the “Illustrated Works” category."

---I am aware the the picture of the physical item is to be photographed and submitted but where is the thread to submit the pics? Or should they be emailed to fanfestival2018_art@us.square-enix.com?

---Do the physical entries need to be received by Oct 1st or postmarked Oct 1st?

2) In the "Additional Promotion Official Rules" it states "Entrants agree that neither Sponsor, nor Sponsor’s agents, shall be required to return or preserve any Entry Materials."

---For this contest, will entries be returned? It didn't state specifically in the guidelines in the contest specific rules.

Thank you!
    (0)