Page 89 of 205 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 2041
  1. #881
    Player
    ServerCollaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,820
    Character
    Tiger Undie
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    the "grind" really isnt real. The higher people get, the more higher nms will continously spawn and those drop 100+ protean crystals each and give shitloads of exp
    I got 4k crystals so far in 2 days by mostly semi-afking.

    the more time I spend in eureka, the more I like it and thats not even sarcastic. The lvl 13 quest almost made me shit my pants, but it it was super fun, because it actually was dangerous and needed some sort auf coordination with other people. Thats something that only potd floor 180+ can offer so far
    (2)

  2. #882
    Player
    Luin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    85
    Character
    Luin Vereist
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Krotoan View Post
    People are ALREADY doing this. Leaving once the fate they want has been farmed. Why farm the piddling ones when we can possibly re-instance and get the big rewards?
    THIS.
    This is extremely fast. Queue up, learn where the train is, and if it's a big one, wait, otherwise you re-queue.
    No need to waste time with the sabotender or anemos when you could have the gourmand, malboro or serket.

    Ultimately it's not about the fastest to 20, it's about the easiest to 20. Nobody wants to grind for 25 hours a day, but they'll definitely sit and watch a screen for 3 hours, only playing when a fate pops.

    Quote Originally Posted by ServerCollaps View Post
    the "grind" really isnt real. The higher people get, the more higher nms will continously spawn and those drop 100+ protean crystals each and give shitloads of exp
    I got 4k crystals so far in 2 days by mostly semi-afking.

    the more time I spend in eureka, the more I like it and thats not even sarcastic. The lvl 13 quest almost made me shit my pants, but it it was super fun, because it actually was dangerous and needed some sort auf coordination with other people. Thats something that no other content in this game can offer
    I made the mistake of doing that quest at night. I slept both of the Val Bilokos, then ran and hid in the corner. They de-aggro'd just a few inches away from me.
    (2)
    Last edited by Luin; 03-16-2018 at 05:04 PM.

  3. #883
    Player
    Vstarstruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    951
    Character
    Beastmistress Milk
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyce View Post
    A recycled plastic bottle isn't "new"? You definition is off and dishonest. You're not even playing with words, you're completly changing their definition.New content doesn't mean "innovative and unseen". And even then, the map is new, some monsters are new, the elemental wheel is new, the story is new...
    But, again, I guess you prefer farming Atmas. This was so new and innovative. /s
    Shows how much you know about that place, and why are you insulting me? It is not hard to find someone that can't react to stop running for that silver chest killing everyone because they ran over a mine. It only killed me because I was around the corner behind a wall and did not think the blast would reach me like that (the chest blast, I did try back off and run back a bit after the person triggered the mine but was not far enough)

    For the rest I am not even replying if you are going to twist my words around because you are blind fanboy of the place. It is 100% garbage to me and I am shocked to see people supporting it and calling i "new content" there is no "NEW content" in eureka. I said those processes where more interesting, not that they where innovative.

    Do not insult me because you tolerate a brainless zergfest while not understanding the dangers of palace of the dead, and how someone can go above and beyond there to prevent wipes.

    Quote Originally Posted by ServerCollaps View Post
    the "grind" really isnt real. The higher people get, the more higher nms will continously spawn and those drop 100+ protean crystals each and give shitloads of exp
    I got 4k crystals so far in 2 days by mostly semi-afking.

    the more time I spend in eureka, the more I like it and thats not even sarcastic. The lvl 13 quest almost made me shit my pants, but it it was super fun, because it actually was dangerous and needed some sort auf coordination with other people. Thats something that only potd floor 180+ can offer so far
    That is SE's fault for not giving the feeling of progress after 2 hours. Still does not change it is brainless and boring.
    (5)
    Last edited by Vstarstruck; 03-16-2018 at 05:18 PM.

  4. #884
    Player
    Fyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,372
    Character
    Fyce Alvey
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Vstarstruck View Post
    Shows how much you know about that place, and why are you insulting me? It is not hard to find someone that can't react to stop running for that silver chest killing everyone because they ran over a mine. It only killed me because I was around the corner behind a wall and did not think the blast would reach me like that (the chest blast, I did try back off and run back a bit after the person triggered the mine but was not far enough)
    It's not an insult to say that someone is a bad player if that person wipes frequently in one of the easiest content in the game. If you try thowing darts at a target and miss a lot, you're bad at throwing darts. It's not an insult, it's an ascertainment. By using your PotD argument, you implied that wiping while farming it for EXP was something that happens more than dying in Eureka. That's completly wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vstarstruck View Post
    For the rest I am not even replying if you are going to twist my words around because you are blind fanboy of the place. It is 100% garbage to me and I am shocked to see people supporting it and calling i "new content" there is no "NEW content" in eureka. I said those processes where more interesting, not that they where innovative.
    A blind fanboy? Are you out of your mind? Did you even read my post and arguments? Did you also read the parts where I admitted that Eureka had flaws? I called it "fine". Not "the best content in Final Fantasy XIV". Is that all you can do, calling someone a "blind fanboy" in order to dismiss their arguments because you have none? If I say that I find farming A1S or Fractal Continuum worse than doing Eureka, it doesn't make me a "blind fanboy". So keep your weak strawman and ad hominem to yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vstarstruck View Post
    Do not insult me because you tolerate a brainless zergfest while not understanding the dangers of palace of the dead, and how someone can go above and beyond there to prevent wipes.
    Be careful everyone, apparently stepping in PotD is way harder and more dangerous than getting cleaved for 70k everytime you sneeze too loud and something hears you in Eureka!
    I would've never known after the dozen mindless PotD runs I did to get EXP for my alt jobs...
    Please, get real. It's beyond ridiculous.
    (2)
    Last edited by Fyce; 03-16-2018 at 05:47 PM.

  5. #885
    Player
    Vstarstruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    951
    Character
    Beastmistress Milk
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyce View Post
    A blind fanboy? Are you out of your mind? Did you even read my post and arguments? Did you also read the parts where I admitted that Eureka had flaws? I called it "fine". Not "the best content in Final Fantasy XIV". Is that all you can do, calling someone a "blind fanboy" in order to dismiss their arguments because you have none? If I say that I find farming A1S or Fractal Continuum worse than doing Eureka, it doesn't make me a "blind fanboy". So keep your strawman arguments to yourself.
    Now you know how you treated me with your first reply to me, now I am glad we have some understanding how I view your first reply to me.

    Care to retry that first reply to me in a more civil manner now? Don't twist my words around, do not insult me, and maybe we can reach a middle.

    I will repeat what I said though because of something you said, it is 100% garbage to me, you claim such statements are dishonest. No it is not, I feel that way, I do not like half bake ideas, be told lies "it is not like diadem it is going to be new and innovative."

    This did not happen, all they gave us was a stripped diadem with a mindless grind, I have a right to say it is 100% garbage as valid criticism at that point, esp with all the delays. If you are going to delay something that much, it better reflect that extra work. This did not do that, not by a long shot. If this was introduced in 4.0 like it should have been, maybe I would feel different. We are 2/3 done as far as raids before 5.0 , getting close to the second 24 man. It is very late to be releasing relics, and this fell very short of the hype the dev team was trying to give us.

    I think your claim about you not waiting for this is off, unless you are just unaware of FFXIV's formula? we had less content then normal 4.0+ because of this, and we get this bare bones area, struggling to call itself content? With all the wait we gave as a playerbase with not much to do 4.0+?
    (3)
    Last edited by Vstarstruck; 03-16-2018 at 06:00 PM.

  6. #886
    Player
    RareItems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20
    Character
    Elise Hamilton
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Eureka is great. I hope they add Ilvl 350 accessories and belts to it too. Hopefully more updates will come to it as well. .
    (4)

  7. #887
    Player
    Vahlnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    1,234
    Character
    Elan Centauri
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    So, after hearing about this whole farming NMs thing, I decided to go in with an open mind and see just how it went. Overall, the experience was better. I got an almost ridiculous amount of crystals, lockboxes and exp (went from 8-10, nearly 11). I may end up completing the grind because it is easier than I initially thought. That said, my opinion on the matter has not changed. I still feel like they didn't deliver, and that they deserve whatever backlash they receive from this. Improvements would be welcome though if they are willing to make them. I might not be too thrilled, but I'm not unreasonable.
    (9)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Personal Housing
    While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable.

  8. #888
    Player
    Fyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,372
    Character
    Fyce Alvey
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Vstarstruck View Post
    Now you know how you treated me with your first reply to me, now I am glad we have some understanding how I view your first reply to me.

    Care to retry that first reply to me in a more civil manner now? Don't twist my words around, do not insult me, and maybe we can reach a middle.
    There was two pages of me answering to people about things you came back on. You didn't even read those responses. You made me repeat myself and lose time because you didn't care to read the next pages. This is irrespectful. Do not expect me to be gentle in my answers if you make me lose my time by repeating what I already said. Especially if you tell nonsense such as "getting exp in PotD is more dangerous than being in Eureka". You also wrongly assumed that I was playing 24.7 without anything to back you up, and made it into an argument. You started strawmaning even before I even talked to you.
    So no, I will definitly not play the nice guy to someone who argue against me like that. If you feel offended, then start by being respectful when you talk to someone. Don't make them repeat themselves, and don't assume things randomly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vstarstruck View Post
    I will repeat what I said though because of something you said, it is 100% garbage to me, you claim such statements are dishonest. No it is not, I feel that way, I do not like half bake ideas, be told lies "it is not like diadem it is going to be new and innovative."
    What I claimed to be dishonest was the way you used the word "new", implying that for something to be new, it had to be something you've never seen before. And everyone know this is almost impossible when it comes to creating content for MMORPGs, especially battle content related to a grind. In short, you used an argument which is fallacious. There is absolutly no way for me to be able to argue against it, because you will always be able to claim "this isn't new" in some way. Even if it gets ridiculous. For example: "it's not new, we are still using the same battle system and mechanics we always did!". Well obviously, they won't change the game engine and battle system entirely for an update coming inbetween two major patches.
    So I simply called that argument dishonest, because I didn't wanted to go into that rabbit hole.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vstarstruck View Post
    This did not happen, all they gave us was a stripped diadem with a mindless grind, I have a right to say it is 100% garbage as valid criticism at that point, esp with all the delays. If you are going to delay something that much, it better reflect that extra work. This did not do that, not by a long shot. If this was introduced in 4.0 like it should have been, maybe I would feel different. We are 2/3 done as far as raids before 5.0 , getting close to the second 24 man. It is very late to be releasing relics, and this fell very short of the hype the dev team was trying to give us.
    Don't get hyped if you don't want to be dissapointed. Why treating Eureka differently than any other content? There's no reason to do that.
    As I already said, I simply treat as a new relic step like any other. And they created a new instance dedicated to it. This didn't happen since late 2013.

    Call it old all you want, they actually made a new instanced content for the new relic saga, exactly like the Chimera was a new instanced boss battle created especially for the first relic. I don't care if they reused assets and mechanics. It's a new instance which ask me to progress by killing stuff without asking me to go do years old content or countless Fates I already did six months ago.
    (1)
    Last edited by Fyce; 03-16-2018 at 06:12 PM.

  9. #889
    Community Rep Fazraye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    465
    Thank you all for you feedback on the Forbidden Land, Eureka Anemos.

    After reviewing comments we received from users worldwide, we have decided to implement the following changes to Eureka lockboxes and their rewards in a hotfix scheduled for the end of March.
    - Eureka potions will be added as possible rewards.
    - The rate at which fireworks are awarded will be reduced.
    - Various gear, as well as the Wicked Winds Whisper and No Quarter orchestrion rolls will no longer be untradable and may be put up for sale.

    Please be advised that the lockboxes obtained prior to this hotfix but opened afterwards will be affected by the above changes.
    (54)
    Fazraye - Community Team

  10. #890
    Player
    Fynlar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,802
    Character
    Fynlar Eira
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Don't get hyped if you don't want to be dissapointed. Why treating Eureka differently than any other content? There's no reason to do that.
    I think after, what was it, 1.5 years in development time? that we can expect better than what we got, especially since it apparently came at the cost of other content.

    I mean, hell, how long did the entirety of ARR 2.0 take to develop? (Honest question; I was not around for Legacy)
    (17)

Page 89 of 205 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 ... LastLast