Player
    Character
    Dhaid Burt
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90

Specific Class Guildhests

If you play for long enough, you're bound to run into someone who has no idea what they're doing and its painfully obvious. Bards using quick noch on a boss, summoners casting ruin without dots, white mages spamming holy to the despair of their mp bar with no lucid dreaming in sight.

I think if a level 50 Guildhest was automatically unlocked upon reaching level 50 that gave either glamor or a class weapon, we'd have a way to teach the basics to those who have no idea what they're doing whether or not they used a jump potion for an unplayed class.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    To be honest the hests which were released with ARR are not good at teaching gameplay. They were probably made in a big rush since the devs had a lot of higher priority things to do in those times.

People don't read the hest instructions at the start and then either clear the duty anyway because it's too easy or are removed from duty on a fail (turtle died) without feedback of what they did wrong.

New hests could adopt the Tick/Cross icon above individual players' heads from bardam's mettle trial to show which players are doing mechanics correctly/incorrect for some instant feedback.

The new hests should teach players about visual indicators like gaze (face away), stack inside circle aoe, spread apart mini circles, tethers to break by running apart, hiding behind cover and interacting with stuff to remove debuffs or gain buffs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Hall of the Novice is tailored to your class.
    We just need Hall of the Everyone Else.
    (3)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Connor Whelan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I’ve always liked this kind of idea but the developers seem to have a deathly fear of indicating how players should play so it’s not likely to be something we’ll ever see.
    Another similar idea I thought of was class quests that reward abilities that are contingent on playing your class properly.
    So in order to succeed as a Bard you need to support the party with songs, use Warden’s Paean to remove debuffs, make good use of Troubadour to protect NPC allies
    Black Mages would have to cycle between Astral/Umbral, maintain Enochian and deal with movement mechanics
    Scholar’s would have to shield the party and make tactical use of Aetherflow rather than just blasting out the instant-heal-everything ability Indomitability and spamming Broil II until out of MP

Hall of the Novice exists of course, but it’s very general and limited to explaining role responsibilities and not the responsibilities that individual jobs have. It exists more as an introduction to MMO party play than it does to playing your specific job in a party
    (0)
    Last edited by Connor; 03-07-2018 at 12:19 PM.

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    The problem with making a guildhest for level 50 is the incredibly wide stat disparity. Do you tune it for ilvl50 gear? i90? i130? Wide margin.
    (0)