Player
    Character
    Ali Lifesaver
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Welsper59 View Post
    I'd imagine most of us are not against it, just that many (like myself) don't see it as a big deal in terms of a gesture. Plus there are those that are applying a right from wrong perspective of equality on the matter... and that's not right.
    It's okay to think it's not a big deal, but I don't get what's gained from continuously asserting that opinion unless the intent is to be against it. Not talking about you specifically, but if you check the thread there are several people who keep coming back just to argue that it's not a big deal for them and I'm not quite sure what they are trying to achieve if they aren't against it.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Delsinadina Tec'k
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by alimdia View Post
    It's okay to think it's not a big deal, but I don't get what's gained from continuously asserting that opinion unless the intent is to be against it. Not talking about you specifically, but if you check the thread there are several people who keep coming back just to argue that it's not a big deal for them and I'm not quite sure what they are trying to achieve if they aren't against it.
    I am against it.

It's not a big deal, but I'm still against it.

And apparently that makes me some horrible, uncompassionate human being. (According to the others in this thread you're not pointing at for some reason.)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lilora Sparrow
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    I think this would be a beautiful gesture. My feels go out to the poor souls over there. I wish I could help
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jojo Leah
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarteck View Post
    And apparently that makes me some horrible, uncompassionate human being. (According to the others in this thread you're not pointing at for some reason.)
    You seem to have taken everything anyone has said as a personal attack against you which is not the case. No I did not say you were a horrible person, no I did not say you were lacking in compassion. My comments were directed to two people and neither of them were you. As I've countlessesly responded several times I have no problem with people who do not agree, it's when they lack respect of the situation that I have a problem with. All I suggested was that people show respect with their comments and suddenly I'm the bad guy? If you don't agree with what I said fine then don't, but I've just this to say and leave you to think it over - I've only seen you call yourself a horrible person...
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Tobias Lashell
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarteck View Post
    I am against it.

It's not a big deal, but I'm still against it.

I stopped responding because I am against it (mostly because it means we would have to stop it anytime ANYTHING happened) and the hateful comments I received were from people who were for it and I was civil and not disrespectful at all but I wasn't going to get into petty arguments with people who wanted to fight me like I was the greatest evil in the world.

The thing I hate about this thread, is there is no response and there already is disrespect towards the company already assuming they don't care or care only about Japan, and that was my biggest concern about this whole thing because if they make it a habit of responding to something like this then it will become the disaster wars. "Well why is this disaster more important than the other one?" "Why not stop it for this disaster and not the other one?" It's already happening within this thread. So I would prefer if SE does not respond or comment because people would just demand more and more and never be happy.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Myrhn Shirayuki
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Im against it. Sorry but I dont think is a good reason. If you compare it to Japan, JP servers are specifically for them for the most part they had an earthquake, tsunami all that affect them all jp people in one way or another. The hurracain Harvey and Irma just affect the USA and just the southeast part. USA is not the only country from NA. I know you guys feel are the center of everything but no. Furthemore the NA servers were not affected by this while the JP server were potencially been affected.
    (3)
    I love the official forums, they tell you to use the search for thread about what you wanted to talk but when you use it they judge for necro a thread.

Player
    Character
    Tilla Eversong
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrhn View Post
    Im against it. Sorry but I dont think is a good reason. If you compare it to Japan, JP servers are specifically for them for the most part they had an earthquake, tsunami all that affect them all jp people in one way or another. The hurracain Harvey and Irma just affect the USA and just the southeast part. USA is not the only country from NA. I know you guys feel are the center of everything but no. Furthemore the NA servers were not affected by this while the JP server were potencially been affected.
    The only time the game went down because of the earthquakes, to the point where the servers had to be shut off to conserve power was in 2011. Anyway, after that they postponed the demolition because people did not have access to electricity, etc and that is the same now for the USA.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Myrhn Shirayuki
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Iromi View Post
    The only time the game went down because of the earthquakes, to the point where the servers had to be shut off to conserve power was in 2011. Anyway, after that they postponed the demolition because people did not have access to electricity, etc and that is the same now for the USA.
    I didnt knew the affected areas were all of USA but hey you learn a bit every day, Not the same thing.
    (0)
    I love the official forums, they tell you to use the search for thread about what you wanted to talk but when you use it they judge for necro a thread.

Player
    Character
    Loki Lux
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    I didnt knew the affected areas were all of USA but hey you learn a bit every day, Not the same thing.
    Well i Mean,the west including Canada are just on fire, everywhere it seems like. the entire south of the US, Gulf Islands, and parts of Mexico are underwater. Mexico just had an earthquake as well.

You're right, its not all of the US, but it does include other countries/islands/territories too.
    (7)

"Within each of us, the potential for great power waits to be released."

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    If you compare it to Japan, JP servers are specifically for them for the most part they had an earthquake, tsunami all that affect them all jp people in one way or another.
    It affected lots of people across a wide area, but not by any means all of Japan.

Furthemore the NA servers were not affected by this while the JP server were potencially been affected.
    Suspending housing reclamation does nothing for the servers, so the servers being affected wouldn't even pertain to this decision. If the JP servers had been affected, we'd have seen the servers themselves go down, but that didn't happen. The decision to suspend reclamations after the Japanese earthquake had to do with players from the impacted area who couldn't get into the game due to their own losses of electricity, internet access and/or platforms to play on. That's now the case for more NA players than it was for JP players then.

All that said, I think a more lasting solution (like lengthening the reclamation timer to six months or so, or linking it to paid subscriptions rather than entering the house) would be a better solution than simply suspending the reclamations for a while. Those type of solutions would work for any disasters wherever they occur rather than leaving a question of which disasters are bad enough and which aren't.

But doing nothing for the NA disasters after they suspended the reclamations for a comparable disaster in Japan does leave them open to accusations of unfairness. They should do something, whether that's temporarily suspending reclamations or changing the rules of how they work.
    (5)

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast