Thread: /gpose guide

/gpose guide

Are you ready to blow us away with your shots in this contest? Unsure about your /gpose skills? The next few tips include the basics to get you started:

1. Do you want to capture an emote, action or ability in the picture?
    The gpose mode automatically repeats the last emote/ability/action you’ve commenced. So, before typing /gpose into the chat window, execute the emote/ability/action you want to be captured.

2. Entering the /gpose mode
    There are a couple of ways you can enter the group pose mode, but the fastest way is by typing /gpose (or /grouppose) in the chat window.

3. Opening the /gpose settings
    Keyboard: hit [R] or[*] on the numerical keyboard
    Gamepad:
    PS4: [□]
    ABXY pad: [X]

Click image for larger version

Name:	gpose setting window EN.png
Views:	2080
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	4299

4. Controlling the camera
    Keyboard: you can move the camera with the WASD keys, and use the Q and E keys to tilt the camera.
    You can zoom in/out as you normally would on your character using the mouse wheel or Page Up/Down keys, but you can zoom further in or out by adjusting the Angle of View Settings under the General Settings.
    Gamepad: you can move the camera with the left stick whereas the right stick rotates and tilts the camera. If you want to zoom further in or out, you can do that by adjusting the Angle of View Settings under the General Settings.

5. Freezing the Characters
    While in group pose mode, you and your fellow party members will repeat the last used action.
    Keyboard: Press the [1] key to disable/enable all motions, or press [2] key to disable/enable motion on the target.
    Gamepad: Press [LT/L2] button on the gamepad to disable/enable all motions, or [RT/R2] button to disable/enable motion on the target.

You can cycle through your party members (as well as your companions, mounts, and even minions) by hitting the tab key.

6. Lights, Lights, Lights!
    Is it too dark and just a little bit of light would make the perfect image? Group pose setting has light sources available!
    Under the Lighting Settings you can place up to three light sources. The light source will be place where the camera is currently located at, so move that camera around to find the best place to leave the light source! You can then adjust the strength of the lighting by changing the type of lighting, as well as changing the colour of the light source.

7. Filters, Effects, and more!
    Now you know all the basics and it’s time to level up your photography game with all the cool effects!
    Colour filters, screen effects, depth of field, and limb darkening can be found inside the General Settings section and frames can be found inside the Effect/Motion/Subject Settings.
    Be sure to try out different combinations as they can produce some amazing screenshots!

8. Taking the image
    Keyboard: hit [print screen]
    Gamepad:
    PS4: [share]
    ABXY pad: [L1 + start]

With these tips you can go from this…

Name:	bad example.png
Views:	9771
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	4297

…to this masterpiece!

Name:	good example.png
Views:	12796
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	4298
    (13)
    Daniela "lakukisu" Wnuk - EU Community Team

Player
    Character
    Marco Ryse
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Wow, thanks for posting this. I know when I first wanted to learn how to use this feature, it was really hard to find anything out there on how to use it.
    (1)
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

- William Butler Yeats

Player
    Character
    Yatterin'g Sunstar
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 67
    Where can i reassing key for Group Pose Setting? I've changed R for something and doesn't pop out when i press.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cassidy Cain
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Yattering View Post
    Where can i reassing key for Group Pose Setting? I've changed R for something and doesn't pop out when i press.
    Having this same issue. r and * are not opening the menu, and I can't find where to keybind it.
    (0)
    The real world only makes sense once you realize it's an MMORPG.

Player
    Character
    Coven Whitewolf
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    This would make for the perfect opportunity to allow us to export our characters to 3d profiles! I would LOVE to be able to 3d print my character!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kellethryn Ka'venusho
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Cool I should check this out.

@lakukisu Is using third party post processing graphics programs like Reshade against the rules? I've seen some spectacular images people have done and would like to try my hand but I don't want my FFXIV account banned...lol

What is Reshade?
    ReShade is an advanced, fully generic post-processing injector for games and video software developed by crosire. Imagine your favorite game with ambient occlusion, real depth of field effects, color correction and more … ReShade exposes an automated and generic way to access both frame color and depth information (latter is automatically disabled during multiplayer to prevent exploitation) and all the tools to make it happen.
    In other words, it’s a live post-processing program that will enhance a game’s graphical output by means of an overlay with adjustable parameters.

https://reshade.me/
    (0)
    Show your Viera here! https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/378643-Show-your-Viera
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kellryth
    #EntitledBunnyBoi4Life