Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Jin Karasu
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90

Can we calm down about the daily logoff?

So for 10 minutes every day the servers are booting people then coming right back up.

Yes, their AFK detection is crap, but I've never played an mmo that didn't have daily maintenance cycles at some point in their lifespan due to server issues or some such. WoW, Wildstar, EVE, Blackdesert, hell even everquest had it's share of server crashes during some points that required a daily restart until they fixed the problem.

It's 10 minutes. Go use the restroom, get some water, check the mail. Everyone who's abusing the AFK trick while away at work will get booted and will quickly learn there's no more incentive to staying logged in, and the queues will work themselves down in the congested areas.

On Balmung alone, there are:

58 Paladins
    26 Warriors
    34 Dark Knights
    50 White Mages
    28 Scholars
    34 Astrologians
    18 Monks
    24 Dragoons
    11 ninjas
    85 Samurais
    45 Bards
    8 Machinists
    31 Black Mages
    27 Summoners
    78 Red Mages
    39 Carpenters
    39 Blacksmiths
    28 Armorers
    55 Goldsmiths
    39 Leatherworks
    54 Weavers
    25 Alchemists
    49 Culinarians
    15 Miners
    11 Botanists
    7 Fishers
    and 5 no-soulstone people

all abusing the trick. Give or take 20 or 25 players as I didn't take the time to read each name as I counted up each class searching for AFK players, just took the lowest total # of AFK players after checking 3x once every 15 mins this morning for a total of 45 minutes to see how bad it was.

923 people, +- 25.

Of these people, 80% or so were in their private chambers. 700+ separately maintained instances full of people sitting there doing squat in balmung alone.

A few days of this and the issue will be resolved. Additionally this method catches any script users who had the bright idea of using any such program to make their character move once in awhile while they're at work.

Just give it a rest, and see what the queues are like after the servers go back up.

Inb4 'balmung is bad, is balmungs fault' etc etc.
    (23)

Player
    Character
    Gerky Mayvian
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    The issue is it's effecting every server. And of course people are going to blame the servers that have the most people causing the issue. Derp. Not every server is about that life.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Asagiri Shirogane
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    The question is: will this affect the popping of S rank hunts? We're in the 10 min cool down now. When trying to login, we get a 1015 error for all worlds MAINTENANCE. If their method of logging everyone out is a maint every 24 hours.....this could mean no S rank hunts until they stop with this measure. I'll have to test this tomorrow by finding an A rank just prior to the logout, and see if it's still there after logging back in

edit 1: Oh, and in case you're in the crowd saying "who cares, I don't hunt," this would also mean no Foxy Lady or Ixion FATEs either.

edit 2: found A rank right after getting logged back in, so this concern can be put to rest. Still, there's got to be a better way to go about this situation. The only players really being punished by it are the ones online and playing.
    (4)
    Last edited by RhaegarFFXIFenrir; 06-29-2017 at 04:21 AM.

Character
    Deionarra Eidolon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I don't personally view a daily logoff as a particularly onerous burden, but it's still rather absurd that SE is resorting to it as well.

I mean, really, this spike couldn't have been unexpected. The affected worlds have been overpopulated for years, ever since the very beginning of 2.0. During that time, SE has done virtually nothing to address the problem during 'low-population' phases of FFXIV's life (the .3 / .4 patch cycles, for example). They also clearly didn't upgrade their servers, with respect to population capacity, when moving their data centre.

All that to say, I can understand why people are angry. SE only bothers giving a sh*t when the problem becomes noticeable, even though they KNOW in advance that the problem will come up. When their self-induced need for emergency counter-measures inconveniences people, even slightly, they've every right to be pissed.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Sodapop Jam
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Hey! Thanks for actually providing data. Lots of people saying what ifs, and mights or maybe. There are people abusing the AFK boot, that is a fact.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Tolby Seyfert
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 70
    Thats easy for you to say, your on balmung. My server has no problems. Why should we be affected by something that could just as easily only affect the servers that need it. You would be complaining too... If you weren't on balmung.
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Raynar Bloodstrike
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 54
    Quote Originally Posted by NewSinz View Post
    The issue is it's effecting every server. And of course people are going to blame the servers that have the most people causing the issue. Derp. Not every server is about that life.
    If your server doesn't have a queue, then it's literally nothing more than a 10 minute break. And yet it seems as if the sky is falling to some people. As OP said, go grab a drink or pee or something. Or, do what many will choose to do and take the 10 minutes to make yet another post about how unfair life is and then go back to playing as soon as the servers are back up and completely forget it ever happened 30 seconds later.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Vigiox Sun
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 90
    sorry but you cant stop me
    i log from my ps-vita again
    i also got remote access to my pc from anywhere
    your strategy is useless against me SE muahaha
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Tolby Seyfert
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynar-Bloodstrike View Post
    If your server doesn't have a queue, then it's literally nothing more than a 10 minute break. And yet it seems as if the sky is falling to some people. As OP said, go grab a drink or pee or something. Or, do many many will choose to do and take the 10 minutes to make yet another post about how unfair life is and then go back to playing as soon as the servers are back up and completely forget it ever happened 30 seconds later.
    Its not just 10 minutes when you have to plan around this forced logout when you are already actively in the game doing something whether it be MSQ, DF, or even crafting/gathering.
    (13)

Player

It came back on 3min ago and im on a 1300 queue and it hasn't moved yet.
    (4)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast