Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90

4.0 Housing

Trying to gather up the housing tidbits for 4.0 in one place. Please note I didn't get the $30 stream so some of this I'm gathering from other people and square's twitter feed.

- New housing district: Shirogane
    Edit: See the 4.1 thread for more up to date information.

- Housing item limit doubled
    All indoor housing item limits have been doubled (including private rooms & apartments) !
    32 bit systems may have trouble loading all the furniture.
    40+ interactive items near the character may cause disappearing furniture.

- Moving feature is finally ready
    Edit: See the 4.1 thread for more up to date information.

- Flower Pot/Garden Plants Ready to Harvest Stay Alive!
    Plants that are ready to harvest now will no longer wilt.

- Mannequins and or Weapon Racks
    Some kind of method of display gear within houses confirmed for some time in the 4.x series. (link to that section of the PAX East stream.)

-Furniture Display Window Changed!
    Small furniture icons now visible and what looks to be a search feature.

- New Housing Items

(full list here, thanks SokiYagami and a big thanks to whomever runs that website!)

-New Table Orchestrion
    Patch notes mention it cannot be in the same room as a normal sized orchestrion.

-New Fish Tank Decor

-New Paintings

- New Carbuncle Housing Glamour
    Shown off on the XXXV Liveletter, the newest addition to the monster based housing themes.

(15)
    Last edited by Dustytome; 09-02-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Character
    Lexia Lightress
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    The new housing area looks pretty cool, but Idk if it enough for me to want to switch from my beach front property in the mist.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexia View Post
    The new housing area looks pretty cool, but Idk if it enough for me to want to switch from my beach front property in the mist.
    http://www.novacrystallis.com/2017/0...hard-revealed/

There's some more pictures there of the new district. It looks much prettier from those shots. I'm kind of iffy about it myself as there's only one small plot that looks like it might be a viable trade off from the limited area I've seen so far. I'd like for them to get rid of the exterior area restrictions as the building itself matches what I'd go for. I'm also finding a lot of different feedback on the move feature (fc only, not fc only, same size move only). I really hope for more clarification on that with the liveletter. Looking at the pictures you also have to imagine the serene area being watched over by a handful of creepy paissa houses.
    (4)
    Last edited by Dustytome; 02-19-2017 at 02:31 AM.

Player
    Character
    Bamboo Panda
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 76
    I really like the house design, but I will stick with my own in Goblet.

If I abandon my current one and try to snag one in the new district, I will probably end up with no house at all, XD

I do hope they will allow these designs to be applied to the old districts (i.e. no more city-exclusive style).
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sera Malqir
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexia View Post
    There is actually a small beach in Shirogane too Look below the "gane" part, this picture is a bit sharper than the one in the OP.

So glad they let us visit the area first before making it available for purchase. I definitely want to move there, but I don't want to rush and buy whatever just so I have it,
    but want to check the position of the sun, the view and all that first :x
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Atoli View Post
    So glad they let us visit the area first before making it available for purchase. I definitely want to move there, but I don't want to rush and buy whatever just so I have it,
    but want to check the position of the sun, the view and all that first :x
    I'm not so sure the housing district will be open at all beforehand. It sounds more like they're just going to wait a bit to open the flood gates. I'd love to be able to walk around and preview plots and such though without worrying about purchasing too.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Scott Pilgrim
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Question time on the stream this morning unfortunately confirmed that the item limit increase is only for inside. They won't be increasing gardens, but will look into it later.

The keynote yesterday also confirmed that the new housing area WILL be available from launch of 4.0 so we'll be able to go to it/walk around etc, but we won't be able to buy anything until a later (not yet revealed/decided) date after players have had a chance to play the main story.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by worldofneil View Post
    Question time on the stream this morning unfortunately confirmed that the item limit increase is only for inside. They won't be increasing gardens, but will look into it later.

The keynote yesterday also confirmed that the new housing area WILL be available from launch of 4.0 so we'll be able to go to it/walk around etc, but we won't be able to buy anything until a later (not yet revealed/decided) date after players have had a chance to play the main story.
    Skimming through the live letters now. I figured it was indoors only, but I was still dreaming about what I'd do with more outdoor slots yesterday! They said they're trying to figure something for that out, but I imagine that'll be awhile before anything comes of it. Good to know we'll be able to scope out the area beforehand!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Soki Yagami
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    I'm so torn between keeping my glade housing and getting a new plot at doma. If only I can buy two plots! >_<
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Darn, not much new info. I thought there were two live letter sessions but the second video they just cut out the giant hour long gap of nothing from the first one. I know a few people that'll be pleased over the flower pot stasis (though may be earlier than 4.0).
    (0)

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast