Player
    Character
    Imoen Orunitia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikMynhier View Post
    I'm a mortician bro. Its all about giving up lol.
    LOL

I must fit more letters to say lol.
    (1)
    Me: "Aww man I'm clicking all the wrong buttons tonight!"
    Friend: "You're i190, you can't click a wrong button unless it is no buttons"
    Me: "lol"

Player
    Character
    Ahnohla Mujuuk
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I have to wonder if the people complaining solely based on it being sold (instead of free) make a habit of telling their boss "Nah, I don't need more money, I have enough." because if they don't...... there's a word for that.
    (1)

Character
    Miles Saintborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiles View Post
    snip
    It's not as simple as "check ilvl, check character level, check quest cleared". The devs outright said everything is connected to each other and changing one flag means every flag connected to that gets affected and links to other flags get affected too. I dont know how many times this has to be said.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Sakya Malha
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I honestly think, at least in terms of the job jump potions. There is a better way to handle this, I don't like the idea that people can just buy a maxed job right out of the gate, I'll admit that. I worked to max my jobs and the idea that someone can get the same effect as all my hard work by just buying it, kinda gets me steamed. But whatever, if the purpose of these potions is to catch people up to their friends, fine. But make the job jump potion one per service account. They can buy ONE maxed job, everything else they have to work for.

I understand that SE wants to provide a fun experience for everyone but also they are a company and need to make money off this game. This mostly feels like a thing for the whales though. I'm not calling this the end times, far from it, but I won't lie. I don't agree with this. I won't do some dumb "I'm unsubbing, screw you SE!" crud, I'll still play, love this game and the people I met on it. But I don't agree with this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tsukiko Mizukoshi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Legewiel View Post
    Meaning you're ok with the concept, you just don't want them to make money on their game?
    SE makes plenty of money via the mogstation with things like mounts, minions, glamour items, fantasias, etc. And I am fine with all of those things. I have no problem with SE making money.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tsukiko Mizukoshi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    What I am concerned with is that these items will become necessary for new players wanting to enter the game. In other games that have similar items, like WoW, you are given a free level boost when you buy the next expansion. Using it, however, is only a matter of small convenience. It only saves you a couple days of grinding, but even if you go it the old fashioned way, there is nothing stopping you from enjoying Legion once you reach the requisite level. There is no long list of MSQ content that you must first complete like in XIV.

Without fixing the underlying problem, which is all of the content gating, SE is effectively making these potions necessary for anyone who wants to start playing. People groan and complain about having to do ARR now, but imagine what it will be like in 5.0 or 6.0. Using a potion will be required if you want to join the rest of the community in a reasonable amount of time.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Rena Kangawa
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Wow so much salt in here lol

Funny how people go "I'll kick anyone who uses this". First of all we don't know how it will turn out, second there is practicltly no difference between a potion user and someone who 1 2 3 himself up to max level through fates. The only difference is that the Potion method is faster.

I'm looking forward to this maybe I can finally get a few friends into the game that way
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Jeral Kalrashan
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesSaintboroguh View Post
    It's not as simple as "check ilvl, check character level, check quest cleared". The devs outright said everything is connected to each other and changing one flag means every flag connected to that gets affected and links to other flags get affected too. I dont know how many times this has to be said.
    Without trying to sound unpleasant, that sounds like it's a problem they've made for themselves. I'm not sure why we should have to pay for the pleasure of fixing their mistakes. In my experience, as well, developers tend to... well, "creatively oversimplify" might be the most diplomatic term, when it comes to explaining why they can't do things players want.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Li'a Mimerya
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    How is "Jump-Potion users are going to be bad players" even an argument? I mean we already have Healers who don't DPS
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Aribeth Lightbringer
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    here a feather in SE cap they when they make mistake they say so for ffxiv this could be a mistake but sometime we must give other time to face it and exp they mistake. i will still play ffxiv compare to wow they more meat to they expansion then wows. already blizzard announce a follow up expansion to legion. We just have journy down that road with SE to see it.

healer who dps you never know SE may take alway the ability use cleric stance in dungeon or nerf it. i am healer who doesn't bow to dps and healing in group run it ether one or others.
    (0)
    Last edited by Savagelf; 12-18-2016 at 05:30 AM.

Page 51 of 213 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast