Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    Player
    Character
    Hue Hue
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    There was no mention of private chambers in the first post. Private quarters was used.

Noun 1. living quarters - housing available for people to live inliving quarters - housing available for people to live in; "he found quarters for his family"; "I visited his bachelor quarters"

Anyway I'm not writing because I expect anything to be changed. All this just really says a lot about some people.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lunie Khit
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ReplicaX View Post
    *snip for character limit*

This happens all the time with any Contest, Sweepstakes or Lottery. Many do not read the rules in their entirely, even though once they enter, it is a legal agreement they accepted.

Also the format used for the contest is standard per US law to make it legal. Once published, by US Law it has to be followed and also the "Official Rules" cannot be altered.
    So are you saying that it was perfectly okay that a rule that can get people disqualified was in post #2 but NOT in post #1 under identical sections? Nothing wrong about that at all? Because then I have to completely disagree with you.

The rules would have been literally the same had they edited the first post to further clarify that the contest was strictly for apartments and private chambers only. Why couldn't have they done that as well when Lux made that clarification post on page 3 of this thread? It surely would have reached the eyes of more contestants.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Methos Ranperre
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeWW View Post
    There was no mention of private chambers in the first post. Private quarters was used.
    Quote Originally Posted by nranola View Post
    So are you saying
    Just to make it crystal clear.

I am only referring to the Official Rules section, which is the actual legal portion of the contest and what shouldn't be ignored when entering a Contest. As that is the actual legal agreement you are accepting.

I am not disagreeing that #1 could have been clearer. However, #1 is not the official rules nor is "official" even stated. Most Contests have Promotional material first and the actual Official Rules under it.

Post #1 does clearly state:
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Methos Ranperre
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    You must review and agree to the full contest terms and conditions below.
    As a contestant, it is again, your responsibility to read the "Official Rules" aka post #2 before accepting them.

FINAL FANTASY® XIV Eorzean Home Makeover (Extreme) Official Contest Rules
    IMPORTANT! Please read the following rules before entering the Eorzean Home Makeover (Extreme) contest (the “Contest”). By entering the Contest, you (“Entrant”) agree to be bound by the Official Contest Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements for the Contest.
    2 posts as there is not edit button here...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lunie Khit
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ReplicaX View Post
    I am not disagreeing that #1 could have been clearer.
    Well I'm glad that you can at least acknowledge that. I'm still waiting for someone from SE to acknowledge this as well. You said that the clarification post from Lux was made since day one... meaning they knew that there was some confusion since the first day, and that they could have modified the promo post (which is the first thing that everyone sees and the very minimum you can expect a person to read) and not just on the discussion thread as early as the first day.

Honestly if there's going to be some discrepancy on something so major as a disqualification rule between the promotional post and the "official" post I'd rather they get rid of the promotional post all together and save us all the trouble. Collectively this confusion has wasted hundreds of hours of people's time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Methos Ranperre
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by nranola View Post
    Well I'm glad that you can at least acknowledge that. I'm still waiting for someone from SE to acknowledge this as well. You said that the clarification post from Lux was made since day one... meaning they knew that there was some confusion since the first day, and that they could have modified the promo post (which is the first thing that everyone sees and the very minimum you can expect a person to read) and not just on the discussion thread as early as the first day.
    No, I stated that the Official Rules "Post #2" was there Day One in the Contest thread. Many folks just didn't read it after the 1st Post.

A player did post the day after 11/21/16 in the discussion thread, asking what could be used for a room. Lux responded to them on 11/23/16, clarifying it for them and that it is listed in the detailed entry rules (Post #2 of the Contest Thread).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lunie Khit
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    My mistake. Still, that's a lot of time to have corrected the promo post.
    (0)

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15