Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Verus Maya
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80

Why does Replica High Allagan Coat of Fending still have red?

I was so exited for dyeable High Allagan. It was all I wanted: a dyeable HA tank coat just like Doga. So I was quite disappointed when I saw that, for some reason, unlike the other replica High Allagan crafts, the Coat of Fending for some reason retains part of its original red. This completely ruins some dyes - my goal, metallic sky blue, looks hideous.

You can see it best here, where the chosen dye fades into the original red. Why? This, compared to the Replica High Allagan Coat of Casting and Replica High Allagan Coat of Healing, which are both completely dyed.

So... why? Please fix this, SE. This is the one thing I really wanted from 3.2.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Aeon Rakshasa
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Because red is the sexiest color- why wouldn't you want it?
    (5)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ホイホイ Commissions ==> http://goo.gl/RwVnHZ

Clearly, the best Final Fantasy character is Locke Cole.
    Glamour is TRUE ENDGAME

Player
    Character
    Doranaux Wavemet
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    I can understand this is frustrating, but I'm of the other opinion on this. I like it that some gear maintains some color besides what can be dyed. It means some dyes might clash, but it it also means that some gear can be more than monochrome even when dyed.
    (2)
    A true paladin... will sheathe his sword.

Player
    Character
    Gingen Mimnes
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    The thing we wanted most from the coat was for it to have dyability matching the Crystal Tower Allagan characters. Their coats were green. People, including myself, really were hoping for it to be dyable any color the same way. Instead they made it the opposite. It's also the only allagan dyable piece to retain its original color. Just very frustrating
    (10)

Player
    Character
    N'rhuna Veraan
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I'm more bothered by the fact that my ACTUAL High Allagan gear, which I got from second coil, can't be dyed. :/ I know SE has a fetish for invalidating old content and then later throwing relic/roulettes at it as a bandaid, but this feels more direct than most cases of saying "Don't even bother running those".
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Gingen Mimnes
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by RyuRoots View Post
    I'm more bothered by the fact that my ACTUAL High Allagan gear, which I got from second coil, can't be dyed. :/ I know SE has a fetish for invalidating old content and then later throwing relic/roulettes at it as a bandaid, but this feels more direct than most cases of saying "Don't even bother running those".
    Everything about the dyable coil gear just feels so wrong. Mostly the fending coat because the dye does almost nothing to the look. It's not even worth the money to glamour it. Also I agree. The existing coil gear should have been made dyable instead of this new recipe process. It's just dumb ;-;
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Avalen Koma
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I have to agree that doesn't look right at all. This isn't the first time SE has done these kind of mis-dye options either. The Augmented Clerics Robe would be another that went from the two color normal option-> to three colors of different shade when you dye it. Looks absolutely terrible on most dyes.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    C'qhataia Ixa'ris
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    #TakeOutTheRed
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RyuRoots View Post
    Actually, if I'm not mistaken, in order to get the dyeable High Allagan gear, you need mats from Coil. So the reason they did it this way is to force the crafters to run Coil and keep it alive.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Anubis Nephthys
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Are you SERIOUS? I was very excited to dye high allagan white...That pure white is just...dirty...
    Looks like my PLD glamour will be 1st allagan.
    (2)

11. 02-25-2016 04:09 PM
    Reason
    mistake

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast