Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heavensward Music Contest (EU) - Discussion Thread

Please feel free to use this thread to discuss the Heavensward Music Contest and practice submitting your entries.

The full contest details and rules can be found here.

When you are ready to make your entry, please do so by posting in the entry thread.
    (1)
    Fazraye - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Aivi Kupo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Totally gutted, I have no musical ability whatsoever . I couldn't participate in the last competition either as couldn't edit the pictures into the required format
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Valira Stormwind
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    I want to participate with a piano entry, but I'm not quite sure about the rules.
    Do I need to be in the video playing the song for the entire duration? I'm more of a composer and would likely need multiple takes, so the question is if it's valid if I show some footage of me playing the song and alternate that with something else like FF14 ingame footage.

Besides that I think 2:30 is a bit short, but I guess I'll manage somehow. There are no rules whatsoever regarding the arrangement, right? So if I just use parts of the theme in my song and compose the rest myself it's still valid, right?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ani Celestine
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    If only I wasn't so lazy with getting my piano tuned up I'd give this a try hopefully there'll be some nice entries though, I absolutely love the OST in question
    (0)
    People need to remember that a healer's job isn't to heal HP
    but rather to prevent HP from reaching 0
    "Sent on Android device"

Player
    Character
    Shimilimi Cutesky
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Man, if only the composition was enough, I'd make something in FL Studio. :P
    Still looking forward to listen to what actually talented people make, though. The song itself is already really beautiful.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Myriu Nioben
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I would like to get some more clarification on the video rule.
    I'm currently working on a arrangement to participate, but since I'm a trumpet player I've been working on a 3 line composition to get in some chords to back up the song. Doing this on my own however means that I will be recording the audio of all 3 lines separately and mix them together under the video.

Which leaves me with the question if it would be good enough if I only record a video of me playing the first line? Or do I need to provide 3 videos in this case as well?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zanar Kander
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    The Contest is only open to holders of an active FINAL FANTASY XIV service account (“Service Account”) during the Entry Period who are resident in Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Russia, and the United Kingdom (the “Territory”). Residents of jurisdictions other than the Territory may also be eligible to enter the Contest under rules applicable to those residents’ jurisdictions if Square Enix or one of its affiliates has posted such rules.
    Most contests lately have not been opened to residents in Italy (like myself) and other european countries. I would like to give it a try, especially since contests are getting more interesting than just "post your screenshots" but I cannot enter, due to territory restrictions. Is there any chance we'll see this restriction lifted in any upcoming event?
    (0)

Greetings,

We are happy to announce the sheet music for the song "Night in the Brume" is now available here. The sheet music shows the melody and the chords for this song.

With the availability of the sheet music we've updated the contest details page. We also received a comment from Sound Director Soken "Go ahead and cook this song anyway you want!", so you can perform as is, or make further arrangements to this to add your own flavor!

To accommodate this change, we will be extending the entry deadline by two weeks. We'll follow up with the new deadline date on the contest page, and through Lodestone topics, so please keep an eye out for it!

We would like to thank all of you who have already submitted your entries by playing by ear! Since we have posted the sheet music, if you would like to submit another entry, we'll consider the new entry valid as well.

Good luck!
    (1)
    Tony "Zhexos" Caraway - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Spiroth Kama
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    Greetings,

We are happy to announce the sheet music for the song "Night in the Brume" is now available here. The sheet music shows the melody and the chords for this song.

With the availability of the sheet music we've updated the contest details page. We also received a comment from Sound Director Soken "Go ahead and cook this song anyway you want!", so you can perform as is, or make further arrangements to this to add your own flavor!

To accommodate this change, we will be extending the entry deadline by two weeks. We'll follow up with the new deadline date on the contest page, and through Lodestone topics, so please keep an eye out for it!

Good luck!

Hello Zhexos,
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Spiroth Kama
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Hello Zhexos,

Thanks for this wonderful contest.

Sadly, I live in Greece. I am so sad that I cannot partake in the contest. This isn't fair. I pay the same Euros as the other countries.
    I personally will still participate and hope that I'll be considered. The personal video from Soken is the best reward as far as I am concerned, but that Noble Barding is something I have been seeking very much, I really want it, you can't keep offering it only on one part of the customers.

Is there any way may be elligible? This is from the official rules:

"Prospective contestants must possess an active service account and have a permanent residence in Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Russia or the United Kingdom in order to be able to enter."

I live in Greece, but my cousin is a permanent residence in Belgium. Can he sign in my place?

Please reply. Thanks in advance.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast