Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Sera Malqir
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    This is my favorite song in the game! I still feel tears swelling up whenever I enter Ishgard by night °-°
    Do well with this, guys!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Taikhar Dotharl
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakonitan View Post
    Just to be clear, does the video have to show you physically present while playing the instrument? If so, does it have to be full body captured or can it be limited to just showing your hands and the instrument? I was thinking of playing this on my Saxophone, but if I really don't want to show myself...
    Seconding this.
    Would it count if I showed my hands playing the piano and, say, a piece of paper with my username clearly written on it lying somewhere during the entirety of the video?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kyotsuke Mashuzu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    What about digital music production? Is this allowed if so how would we go about the video? Thanks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucky Tails
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 83
    I don't want to show my face, either. I'll probably just find a way to record my hands.
    (0)
    Three Ilm Knights, One Thousand Malm Road

Player
    Character
    Alevia Rohan
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I second (or whatever number we're on) that request for sheet music! It's been a long time since I've touched my flute, and there's no way I could do this without.

Also would like to know the response on how much you have to be "in" the video - as I also wouldn't want to show my face, probably.
    (0)

Hello, everyone!

I'd like to take a moment to answer some of the questions that have been asked so far! So without further ado...

Q: Do you have to show your face in the video?
    A: There is no requirement that your face be shown during the performance, so you are free to either hide or not show your face. Please be sure to show the instrument or set up that you're using for your performance!

Q: Can you provide the sheet music for the song?
    A: While we understand the difficulty of playing a song without sheet music, we would like for you all to listen to the music carefully and play it by ear. As the contest rules state "You are free to choose how you would like to perform, arrange, and conclude your arrangement of the song." The goal is not about making the song as accurate to the original as possible, but about seeing how you interpret it and make it your own!

Q: Is digital music allowed or does it have to be played/performed using real instruments?
    A: There is no requirement that it must be performed using real instruments. That said, the audio source which you use for the digital music must be original and created by you (you may not use outside music as a base or other samples to build from). With that said, for the video, you could consider recording yourself creating or playing back the digital piece.

We're all looking forward to hearing your entries!
    (7)
    Tony "Zhexos" Caraway - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Lucky Tails
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 83
    Thank you, Tony
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Princess Kairi
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Thanks for responding. Not really fond of showing any part of me in a video... but idk, maybe I'll cosplay in my white mage costume if I feel up to it...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Requirements for sweepstakes/contests in Quebec taken from
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustytome View Post
    Requirements for sweepstakes/contests in Quebec taken from
    Sorry, won't let me edit. A quick google search brings up: http://contests.about.com/od/sweepst...idinQuebec.htm
    It seems your local government has made it a pain in the butt and companies just aren't willing to cut through all that nonsense just to give out freebies.
    (2)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast