Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80

Fuzzy Dice of Favor

Fuzzy Dice of Favor

Character name: Pepper Pandemic
    World name: Balmung
    In-game Item: Scarf of Wondrous Wit

Component name: Fuzzy Dice of Favor

Ask any sailor what the most important thing to have with you on a venture into the Sea of Clouds and they'll all say the same thing, "A spot of luck." Well, now you can have the winds of fortune at your back at all times with my patented Fuzzy Dice of Favor. The +50 buff to favor on your ship is Guaranteed to help you find the fastest routes, avoid sea creatures, and lead you to the most valuable of treasures making it essential on every ship!

We make our fuzzy dice from only the highest quality snurble tufts from locally sourced phurbles.

The dice themselves are then manufactured under the watchful eye Manderville, with Senor Sabotender cheering on each and every stitch in the place where luck lives, the Golden Saucer.

Finally we install the dice above the control surfaces of your airship for maximum coverage.

What are your waiting for, order yours today!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shivarria Furybourne
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 60

The Command Relay Module

-Character name: Shivarria Furybourne
    -World name: Midgardsormer
    -The name of the component you are suggesting: Command Relay Module
    -Three (3) images of how you obtained the component: Below
    -Explanation as to why the Community Team needs the component and how you procured the item in 500 words or less: Below
    -In-game item prize that you would like to receive from the list: Scarf of Wondrous Wit

It was a quiet, sunny afternoon outside the study window when the help first arrived with our most challenging commission yet: An organization known as 'Community Team' was in need of airship enhancements which would aid in the effective execution of their mission. Details beyond that were sparse; it seemed they were in need of inspiration, as much as fabrication. Just as well - any outfit could pound rivets and shape mythril. 'Community Team' had clearly come to us for our realm-renowned ability to produce novel solutions to practical problems.

After considerable research - and more than a few long nights in the Free Company think tank (literally a tank of sorts; we do our best thinking in the tub) - we concluded that effective and efficient communication is vital to 'Community Team' operations. So it was that our commission found us in Azys Lla, reverse-engineering the ancient audio-transmission technologies of the Allegan Empire, which we soon discovered played a key roll in the force-fields protecting the zone. Here, one of our research craft can be seen receiving short-wave signals from an array of the massive sonic resonators that reinforce the shield.

It is difficult to say whether gaining an understanding of the tech we were working with was the greater challenge, or if adapting it to our purpose holds that distinction. For integration aboard an airship, the equipment had to be considerably reduced in both volume and weight. Fortunately, given that the device is only intended to transmit information remotely - and not to power a barrier which surrounds a sizable airborne atoll - we were eventually able to compress it into a much more mobile form, seen here, already installed aboard a luxurious airborne yacht;

For the benefit of 'Community Team', Garlea's Most Wanted proudly presents: The Command Relay Module!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tyrael Zen
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Character name: Tyrael Zen
    World name: Hyperion

Component name: Leviathan Barbed Bow(front of the airship)

Have you ever been on a long expedition voyage and finding out far into your journey that you've forgotten to pack food for your crew?
    Fear not for i have a solution to prevent great woe!

With my component you will be able to get food with your airship.

The first thing that I did was i fought the great primal Leviathan.
    Upon defeating the sea serpent i removed all the barbs from his body.

Next i traveled to the port city Limsa Lominsa where i sought out the master of the blacksmith guild Brithael. There I requested for him to attach the barbs to the front of my ship. He agreed and was able to do it after i procured the materials that he required and I payed a hefty amount of gil.

Now all I needed was information from an expert fisherman about where I would be able to find schools of sky fish.

He told me that Ishgard is the place to find them and that is where i journeyed to prepare for my future expeditions.

Now if you ever run out of food in the skies and your crew starts getting all rowdy from hunger you can use your airship as spear and catch some sky fish with my component.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rory Baker
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60

Self Aware-ship

character name: Rory Baker
    World: Goblin
    Prize: Scarf of wonderous wit
    Airship component: Self aware airship core

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...8f&oe=56AC545F

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...f8&oe=56ED190D

What's the fastest way to travel in aeorzea? Well, If you've never been to where your going, it's probably via airship. But if you have been there, it's via the aethernet. The aethernet's great, but it only works for individuals. What if you could move something larger, say, an airship via the aethernet? This would be awesome, but the problem is you have to be a living entity to use it. This got me thinking, how could you make something like an airship into a living being, capable of accessing the aether? Well, as you might remember, magitech armor is an example of a living machine. It uses a mamett's heart as it's core. What if you gave an airship a similar core, and gave it the capacity to attune to aetherite crystals? It would make return journeys a lot shorter. Apart from that, the ship would gain other advantages, such an intelligent autopilot, the ability to accurately report damage to it's hull, and ask you how your days going . My idea is to make the airship alive.

The first thing you would need to consider is a core. A mamets heart is good by principal, but you would need something a little more heavy duty for an airship. We people of the modern age have never made something so complex, but we have dreamt of it. It exists now, as a result of the summoning of the primal, Alexander. So to get the core, I traveled to Gordias, and reclaimed it from the scrap of one if it's sentinals.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...99982303_o.jpg

But what good is a core if it's a hostile entity that want's to destroy you? We don't want to make a self aware airship that hates people. To fix this bug, I traveled to Aziz La, and used the technology of the ancient Allagans to rewrite the cores primary directive. This is the same tech they used to restrain primals and dragons alike.
    With the refurbished Gordian core in hand, I returned to Ishgard.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...38368184_o.jpg

My hands are not skilled enough to build the casing for the core myself, but I know who is. Stephanivien , Master Machinist, was able to make for me the casing I needed, to my exact specifications. Finally, I took the components to Cid, to have my prototype tested.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...30895298_o.jpg

With materials I assembled, and the hard work of the Ironworks engineers, we were able to breath life into an airship, giving it intelligence, emotions, and the ability move through the aether without dissolving. The airships of tomorrow will be smarter, faster, and able to get home via the same aethernet we adventurers have to depend upon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Silly Beans
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 1
    Character name: Alto Kira
    World name: Behemoth

Component name: Chocobo Disguise Blimp

I Recall all the times being pelted by the Garlean’s and various baddies trying to explore the realm. Much unpleasant. There much be a safer way to fly across the skies of Eorzea undetected, so why not a disguise? Hence! Out airships needs to be fashioned in a Chocobo outfit!

First to gather a mountainous quantity of Chocobo feather. Those brilliantly reflective feathers will perbfectly cover the surface of the ship. But with all these discarded feathers we’d need some fresh feathers with their strength and lustrous glow intact.

Plucked from the rear of some very feisty Chocobos…

And finally…

To Crafting many, many ingots of Titanium Ingots for the super structure that will envelop the air ship.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Averia Aisly
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Character: Avena Yara
    World: Sargatanas
    In-game Item: Mandragora Choker

Component: Aether Battery Reserves

There is no doubt that each individual component of an airship is of utmost importance when striving to build the best vehicle to soar the skies. However, the fuel you use to power that airship is of equal importance - plainly put, you need an exceptional battery of aether to drive your long voyages. After all, the ultimate airship should rightly require the ultimate fuel! And to that end...I pondered where to obtain nothing but the best.

The Void Ark is rumored to have an extremely powerful fuel source to make it cruise the skies...let's try harnessing some of that.

Needless to say it did not go quite as planned...

Luckily, an associate of mine tipped me off about this wonderful place called the Diadem - a place where you can find bountiful harvests of just about any resource your heart desires. They regaled me with a tale of the largest aether crystal they have ever seen! So of course I had to check it out for myself...

I'm going to need to enlist some help hauling this...
    (0)

Thanks for all the great ideas for airship components!

Now our teams get to read all these wonderful ideas so we can begin choosing our winners.

See you in the clouds, sky pirates!
    (3)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6