Player
    Character
    Jadan Kelvari
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80

Question for english players on Chocobo

I'm considering creating an alt to bring up to raid status on the Chocobo server, but before I do that, I'd like to know how the japanese players on the server respond to foreigners. Are they fairly welcoming, or do they see the communication problems as too much of a negative to allow for an english only speaking player to raid with them?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amai Pan
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    If you don't speak any jp I would advise against trying to hard core raid on chocobo, the server is about 98% jp and 2% others and while yes most jp can understand English that doesn't mean they can type it or speak it fluently let alone want to compensate for 1 player when they can just get a native jp player so there are no communication issues. If you could speak jp then no issues. i have a alt on chocobo but I don't raid there anymore even tho I can speak jp.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Paca Kuma
    World
    Chocobo
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    It's a problem, but it's doable. I know only 1 English speaker that knows very limited Japanese that has cleared A4S on Chocobo. They cleared it a few weeks ago but they are an amazing player. Another friend of mine is stuck on A3S and the language barrier is proving to be a problem for them. I know others that speak both English and Japanese that are up to A4S as well but most are in groups already.

I would say 90% of parties will not want to have a foreigner in their party unless you know what you are doing. As a player on Chocobo, it's best to just keep joining practice parties (練習PT) until you're comfortable with joining a clear party. That way people won't worry too much about you not knowing Japanese too well since it's just a party to practice from a certain phase. As long as you know what to do, you can clear A4S like my friend.
    (0)