Player
    Character
    Ashkendor Zahirr
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalien View Post
    My guess? It's the lair of Ratatoskr, and the name is related to what happened to her...
    Hmm... I thought Tharl Oom Khash was her lair, with heavy implication that she was killed there (the masses of purple crystals).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Taisai Jin
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkendor View Post
    Hmm... I thought Tharl Oom Khash was her lair, with heavy implication that she was killed there (the masses of purple crystals).
    IDK, I'm sure she was killed there, but was it her lair?

Zenith would seem to be Hresvelgrs lair, and Sohr Khai has a lot in common with it, so I'd say their lairs all shared a similar design, while Tharl Oom Khash would have perhaps been Landlord territory? Ratatoskr shows up there and dies there, rather than living there... IIRC, Hresvelgr specifically states that Thordan lured Ratatoskr into a trap, which would imply she didn't fall in her lair.

One thing that really makes me thing it might be Ratatoskrs lair is it's condition... It's very similar to Zenith, but who has been protecting it? I'd assume Aery used to look similar, but Nidhogg rage-destroyed it, so why is Sohr Khai relatively untouched? Because it was Ratatoskrs...

I suppose it could also just be an extension of Zenith, Hresvelgr seems the type to have a Sohr Khai... Sad dragon is sad...
    (0)
    Last edited by Nalien; 04-29-2016 at 07:32 PM.

Character
    Kytre Ashaer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    I feel its Hraesvelgr's lair; or part of it anyway. Its just too close to Zenith (in location and style) and has Dravanian Motes in it (which means the Moogles had a hand in it as well)

Sad Apology...Hraesvelgr mourning what happened to Shiva, what Thordan did to his sister, what he did to start the War (face it, if he didn't save Nidhogg the war never would have begun). Maybe intended as a memorial to all that was lost in this conflict...

But then...why are we there? Nidhogg's brood attack it? We're attacking it to get to Hraesvelgr to get him to help stop Nidhogg? Echo-trip to the past to find a way to save Estinien?

Hm...going with the Echo...what if we go to Hraesvelgr to try to get him to help stop Nidhogg/save Estinien, he gets us to Echo to this place 1000 years ago for something important...his way of apologizing for his part in the war...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Frederick Blake
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Despite the structure is similar, it doesnt seem to be Zenith. Its a hole diferent place.

Quote Originally Posted by PArcher View Post
    Sad Apology...Hraesvelgr mourning what happened to Shiva, what Thordan did to his sister, what he did to start the War (face it, if he didn't save Nidhogg the war never would have begun). Maybe intended as a memorial to all that was lost in this conflict...
    Be sure that was not the structure's original purpose, to be a memorial to all that was lost on the conflict.
    All the structures on the churing mists and the forelands were made when man and dragon were at peace.
    (0)
    Last edited by Frederick22; 04-30-2016 at 02:42 PM.

Player
    Character
    Taisai Jin
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 64
    So, just rewatched and picked up on something interesting;

See that on the floor? Looks like an orange dragon to me... Where have I seen that before... Oh right;

(also, that's confirmation that Ratatoskr was lured out and thus not killed in her lair?)

That would be a depiction of Ratatoskr...

Yep, I'm going all in; This is Ratatoskrs lair and she had some final message (an apology) for Nidhogg that he never got for reasons... At the very least it has some relation to her, given that mural... It would really explain the fairly pristine condition of the place though. I think all of Churning Mists used to look like Zenith, it was heavily implied Nidhogg and his brood set about destroying it all though, with Zenith being spared because Hraesvelgr protected it (with the help of some moogles). So why is this place untouched? It's damaged, but that seems to be more a result of time than Nidhogg attacking it... Hraesvelgr tried to keep Zenith is good condition out of his love for Shiva, makes sense to me that Nidhogg wouldn't touch his sisters lair for similar reasons...

This would also pair up nicely with Alphinauds current "Sacrifices for the greater good are stupid!" character arc... If Ratatoskr sacrificed herself for some greater good... Well... Look at all the good that caused...
    (3)
    Last edited by Nalien; 04-30-2016 at 06:56 PM.

Player
    Character
    Frederick Blake
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalien View Post
    snip
    Your teory seems the more possible one, yea I agree.
    The question is, if this is true and we found something, will Nidhogg believe us? He is out of reason.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Taisai Jin
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 64
    Well, one of the bosses would appear to be the Mog Chief, so I guess it's Hraesvelgrs territory after all... Makes me wonder where exactly it is... I guess the other side of Sohm Al Summit? Could be below the cloud level too I suppose... Wonder if Hraesvelgr will be the final boss... I'd have figured we were there to defend the area, but with the Mog Chief there I guess it's more of a test? Perhaps Vedrfolnir will show up again...

Welp, called it;

Majestic and forgotten, its existence unrecorded in the annals of man, a palace rests atop the clouds in the farthest reaches of the Churning Mists. This skyborne splendor was once home to Ratatoskr, brood-sister to Hraesvelgr and Nidhogg, until the treachery of mortals ensured that its stones would never again ring under the she-wyrm's talons. The dragons named it "Sohr Khai," a grieving apology for their failure to avert her fate, and they watched with infinite sadness as Ratatoskr's empty roost was overrun by bird and beast.
    Wonder why we're going there though... Seems like it was named Sohr Khai after Thordan dun goofed... Given it seems to have been overrun, I wonder if we're taking it back to try an make amends with Hraesvelgr... Would explain the Mogs being there perhaps...
    (0)
    Last edited by Nalien; 05-19-2016 at 05:19 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ryuko Kanzeon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I can't believe I didn't stumble upon this before. I'm blown away by the complexity of the language. Thanks to other people for bumping it, and for mentioning your recent finds! I need to visit the Lore section more often...

Dragonspeak has always been a curiosity of mine. Back when my raid group was working on T13, I loved being the raidleader because I would get to call out the abilities as they were happening, including "AKH MORN!" I was so beyond excited when I found out summoners would be getting this ability, appropriately named "Deathflare" (but I still refer to it as Akh Morn). Dragons themselves have always been special to me -- hence my character name, Ryuko (I'm very petite). Anyway, I recently ordered custom plates for my car. I'll be proudly sporting "AKH MORN." Maybe I'll drive it to the Vegas Fan Fest if I can get tickets.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maltheal Erethal
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    I am still a noobian when it comes to FFXIV but have to say this game has more lore behind every small detail than most RPG's I know. It is simply astounding to see how much lore and detail can be found in this game. The lore in this game will make the hardcore WoW lore lover's head spin. To see that such detail went into one language and that it is not just random ramblings like in most RPG's, but an actual tongue with actual rules and uses. Simply astounding Fernehalwes and well done Square Enix, you just keep exceeding my expectations game after game.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tesi Suwi-unpa
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    This is simply wonderful, and I would love to see more languages in Eorzea and books devoted to them available in English (and presumably other languages, though I likely wouldn't personally benefit from those others).
    (1)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast