Page 2671 of 3410 FirstFirst ... 1671 2171 2571 2621 2661 2669 2670 2671 2672 2673 2681 2721 2771 3171 ... LastLast
Results 26,701 to 26,710 of 34096
    Player
    Character
    Absenthine Starfrost
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I had a e8 run the other day I had one of those "well, that was a death" moment with everyone's favorite move, Displacement. I fumbled my button and hit it during the end part and died where no one should. I laughed it off, but unfortunately that group was completely silent.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alaha Vellonnu
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Had a run in Doma Castle earlier with my friend who was tanking with GNB and I on BLM. The whm tried to enforce their pull-everything playstyle on our nervous and under-experienced tank. It didn't go well.
    To that whm, don't be a dick next time. Check with your tank and tell them you can handle big pulls at the start of the dungeon instead of using Rescue to yeet them through in complete silence. Now my friend is unwilling to tank anymore after all that coaxing and convincing.
    (6)
    This one is beyond your help. Only sleep can save her now.

Player
    Character
    Cillien Temperlain
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    So I'm a skittish tank with a lot of tankxiety. I tend to pull slow as a result. Normally this has worked out fine. But this run yesterday made me shaky afterwards.

Queue'd for leveling roulette as DRK. Ended up in Doma Castle. Ok this will be fine, I thought. I've tanked this one before.

Except it wasn't. Had a BLM who kept pulling ahead of me. Had a NIN who kept standing in front of enemies and getting hit by cleaves. Healer seemed to want to play the "how low can you go" game before healing me.

When all was said and done, my tankxiety was maxed out. I thought I did okay, I mean there were no deaths. But the best part? Zero commendations. Second best part? These three were from the same server, so maybe the same FC? In the end, my will to tank in the future has decreased by a little.
    (7)
    Follow the light.
    Cillien Temperlain <Lover of Bunny Boys>
    Quote Originally Posted by Fukuro View Post
    you are the sweetest thing in here, only spreading positiv vibes around here <3

Player
    Character
    Princess Whiskers
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Meillquei View Post
    So I'm a skittish tank with a lot of tankxiety. I tend to pull slow as a result. Normally this has worked out fine. But this run yesterday made me shaky afterwards.

Queue'd for leveling roulette as DRK. Ended up in Doma Castle. Ok this will be fine, I thought. I've tanked this one before.

Except it wasn't. Had a BLM who kept pulling ahead of me. Had a NIN who kept standing in front of enemies and getting hit by cleaves. Healer seemed to want to play the "how low can you go" game before healing me.

When all was said and done, my tankxiety was maxed out. I thought I did okay, I mean there were no deaths. But the best part? Zero commendations. Second best part? These three were from the same server, so maybe the same FC? In the end, my will to tank in the future has decreased by a little.
    I'd have to recommend against tanking if you're not comfortable enough by stormblood content to confidently double-pull. I regularly take penalties abandoning scared single-pulling tanks, it's a massive pet peeve. It's really not hard to tank especially now since ShB release. Just hit everything with your AoE with tank stance on there's no reason to have anxiety over it. At the end of the day, this is just a game. If a healer drops the ball and lets you die then it is what it is so there's no point worrying about it. Use your CDs properly and hit everything with your AoE and you're good to go.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Qina Jumaloth
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Kitty View Post
    I'd have to recommend against tanking if you're not comfortable enough by stormblood content to confidently double-pull. I regularly take penalties abandoning scared single-pulling tanks, it's a massive pet peeve. It's really not hard to tank especially now since ShB release. Just hit everything with your AoE with tank stance on there's no reason to have anxiety over it. At the end of the day, this is just a game. If a healer drops the ball and lets you die then it is what it is so there's no point worrying about it. Use your CDs properly and hit everything with your AoE and you're good to go.
    My first tank job was PLD. I was terrified of large pulls. Around level 50 I had a healer who told me to pull large or that she would. To my surprise it was exactly the same. I pushed the same attack buttons. I used the same CDs. The only difference was that I wasn't wasting three other people's time to satisfy my own neuroses. Sometimes tanks need a solid kick in the backside to cure their incompetence.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Avi Taro
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90

Cleanest LotA run ever. About fell over laughing lmao
    Some people went for the kill, some chickened out at like 2%, so I was like... we're probably dead anyway, and in the exact moment I elusive jumped across the map, everything died. 10/10 would meme again.
    (4)
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

Player
    Character
    Eileen White
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaelommiss View Post
    My first tank job was PLD. I was terrified of large pulls. Around level 50 I had a healer who told me to pull large or that she would. To my surprise it was exactly the same. I pushed the same attack buttons. I used the same CDs. The only difference was that I wasn't wasting three other people's time to satisfy my own neuroses. Sometimes tanks need a solid kick in the backside to cure their incompetence.
    Some do, but you could say that for the "Get in, Get out" mentality people have and disregard the tank. I had a group today kick me out of DF because of the fact I "wasn't doing my job" when I stopped to type something, and they pulled the boss before I was even there in Grand Cosmos. It infuriated me enough to think "screw it, they can die", especially after I was getting bugged at the Healer for going ahead of me and the DPS pulling aggro on my trash mobs that I'm pulling to the next stop on the train.

When the tank stops, it means wait. I had the same issue with Anamnesis Anyder as well just with needing to fix a keybind to Confiteor since it was in a bad spot on my keyboard. Wound up with trash pulls before I literally had to use a sound effect to tell them to stop so I can fix it since it's part of PLD's AoE.

Rule of thumb for Dungeons, even in Expert: Make sure your Tank is good before pulling if they stop, and don't attack as DPS before the Tank is finished pulling.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Celbrean Pathos
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperiusUltima View Post
    Some do, but you could say that for the "Get in, Get out" mentality people have and disregard the tank. I had a group today kick me out of DF because of the fact I "wasn't doing my job" when I stopped to type something, and they pulled the boss before I was even there in Grand Cosmos. It infuriated me enough to think "screw it, they can die", especially after I was getting bugged at the Healer for going ahead of me and the DPS pulling aggro on my trash mobs that I'm pulling to the next stop on the train.

When the tank stops, it means wait. I had the same issue with Anamnesis Anyder as well just with needing to fix a keybind to Confiteor since it was in a bad spot on my keyboard. Wound up with trash pulls before I literally had to use a sound effect to tell them to stop so I can fix it since it's part of PLD's AoE.

Rule of thumb for Dungeons, even in Expert: Make sure your Tank is good before pulling if they stop, and don't attack as DPS before the Tank is finished pulling.
    This here. I JUST had a duty finder where my husband and I were running Grand Cosmos. Granted, I have a bit of gear, but I like to judge the dps reaction to an initial pull to see if I can pull the entire dungeon or if I have new people who need a break from the huge trash-pull-a-ganza. I like to think we are fair, and I know we aren't the fastest pullers in dungeons. "Insert waifu's name here" (let's just say it had kitten in the name) immediately goes to thinking we are about to kick her for pulling a mob set. Well, if you pull a mob set, and you're convinced you're going to get kicked, I think this is a fair assumption. She wouldn't loot after the first boss. Flat out refused because she knew we were going to try to kick her(thank you SE for creating diversions for acidic players to make us wait), so instead of kicking her, my husband leaves the group because he's not going to wait for loot to be resolved, so we can attempt to surgically remove this player from the group. The other player agreed with her and said if we wanted to move slower, we should have said something. I'm sorry that my trigger is, "pull more please," but admittedly, as a tank, I don't think you should be telling me how my job is supposed to work unless you have good, and fair, critical feedback. You aren't pulling enough, isn't fair feedback. Just because you need to run a hundred dungeons a minute in a day because your pedicure is in five minutes doesn't constitute an emergency on the tank's behalf for your dps needs. I'm sorry your queues are 45 minutes, but if you would just be patient and run the dungeon like (surprise!) a human being, you wouldn't have any of the issues that trigger your, "they're going to kick me," response. Just a rant for the fellow tanks that don't feel like they are allowed to tank a dungeon in a nice soothing environment while drinking their morning coffee. I love you all!
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Logen Nine-fingers
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Celbrean View Post
    This here. I JUST had a duty finder where my husband and I were running Grand Cosmos. Granted, I have a bit of gear, but I like to judge the dps reaction to an initial pull to see if I can pull the entire dungeon or if I have new people who need a break from the huge trash-pull-a-ganza. I like to think we are fair, and I know we aren't the fastest pullers in dungeons. "Insert waifu's name here" (let's just say it had kitten in the name) immediately goes to thinking we are about to kick her for pulling a mob set. Well, if you pull a mob set, and you're convinced you're going to get kicked, I think this is a fair assumption. She wouldn't loot after the first boss. Flat out refused because she knew we were going to try to kick her(thank you SE for creating diversions for acidic players to make us wait), so instead of kicking her, my husband leaves the group because he's not going to wait for loot to be resolved, so we can attempt to surgically remove this player from the group. The other player agreed with her and said if we wanted to move slower, we should have said something. I'm sorry that my trigger is, "pull more please," but admittedly, as a tank, I don't think you should be telling me how my job is supposed to work unless you have good, and fair, critical feedback. You aren't pulling enough, isn't fair feedback. Just because you need to run a hundred dungeons a minute in a day because your pedicure is in five minutes doesn't constitute an emergency on the tank's behalf for your dps needs. I'm sorry your queues are 45 minutes, but if you would just be patient and run the dungeon like (surprise!) a human being, you wouldn't have any of the issues that trigger your, "they're going to kick me," response. Just a rant for the fellow tanks that don't feel like they are allowed to tank a dungeon in a nice soothing environment while drinking their morning coffee. I love you all!
    That's the thing though, if the rest of the group wants to do things one way and you don't, YOU ARE in the wrong. Not endorsing running ahead and pulling for a tank, but your "soothing human being environment" is someone else's "boring inefficient unskilled environment". You're not any more special because you put your tank gear on, they should have just VTK'd you instead of pulling mobs for you.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Celbrean Pathos
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by BigHoffie View Post
    That's the thing though, if the rest of the group wants to do things one way and you don't, YOU ARE in the wrong. Not endorsing running ahead and pulling for a tank, but your "soothing human being environment" is someone else's "boring inefficient unskilled environment". You're not any more special because you put your tank gear on, they should have just VTK'd you instead of pulling mobs for you.
    The rest of the group was half the group. Not really a good response to this, or even constructive. I appreciate the feedback, but this is a video game not a "skilled environment."
    (2)

Page 2671 of 3410 FirstFirst ... 1671 2171 2571 2621 2661 2669 2670 2671 2672 2673 2681 2721 2771 3171 ... LastLast