Player
    Character
    Jenna Starsong
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by rxantos View Post
    - Instead of a board for the market. have a "Search on Market" for any item you have. Allow this view when you got your retainer out.
    - Add a "Where to find" text to all the gathering materials.
    - Add a "Where to buy" text to all items. So that newbies do not get screwed overpaying for stuff they can get cheap on an NPC.
    - Add "Escrow" to mails. Player A wants to buy X at Y gils. Merchant B is willing to do it at Y gils but do not want to get screwed by Player A. Nor does Player A wants to get screwed by Merchant B. So by adding an escrow flag to mail. Player A sends mail with X gils on escrow for item X. Merchant then respond the mail with either the item requested. Or a no. If it respond with the item requested. Merchant gets the gils, player gets the item. If no the player gets back their gil. And if in 24 hours the merchant does not respond. The Player gets their gil back. Neither the Player, nor the merchant can screw each other this way.
    1 - You can already price check items from your retainer. You can see the sale history of any item you put up for sale.

2 - The gathering log literally tells you where things are gathered. Anything not in your log you can't gathered (by you at least) anyway.

4 - Um... what?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aurora Aura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    You know it would be nice to not get penalized for missing a queve because it popped while you were going between zones (and when the waiting list claims there were more people in front of you) and waiting for it to load. or you know to be able to accept it while zoning and have it place you in the location you were porting from.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jenna Starsong
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    When the queue pops you have 45 second to accept. If your load times are so long that this is a regular issue then you have bigger problems than missing the occasional queue.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Mei Coincounter
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    The ring that displays under your current target needs to be revised at some point. The one they have right now seems to be a static texture of the sorts that is just stretched out based on the target radius, then it's tinted by whatever colour you have for the name of that kind of target. This is problematic in a lot of ways, particularly on larger entities. The ring is just a big ugly mess when it grows in size that somehow actually sucks at conveying information.

Any game development tool would allow you to instead have the circle itself drawn dynamically for the size that it's needed, ensuring that it is crisp and clear. Furthermore, graphically the ring under your target should either graphically be drawn on a UI level, or drawn later in the graphics processing cycle. In plain speech, this would have it visible even when there are explosions and stuff. For the less technical-savvy, you see similar things in games where an outline can be drawn around targets through a wall.

One element in particular that requires special attention is the little arrow that shows where the target is facing. FFXIV has encounters like O11 or the first and last bosses of The Copied Factory where the boss has a really symmetrical shape and it can be more difficult than it needs to be to read which way it is facing at a quick glance. In a case like O11 for example, in a screenshot when it is still it's easy to tell, but in combat with explosions and stuff it can be hard to tell its butt from its face, which generally has people just know which way it is facing by memory or precedent rather than visual identification.

While I do have my effects visible for party members on, a great many players have them set to Limited due to readability issues, and I think a few simple techniques could alleviate that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aurora Aura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    OOH, the following would be a definite imporvement for gearing up to slightly below current raid gear, OTOH I'm solely making this becuase I went through dozens of Skalla runs for a glmaour piece that I'm convinced is rarer than even the minion and orc roll (Healing Jacket).

Anyway I've been think that the guaranteed drop of a piece of gear for your class for clearing leveling dungeons should be extended to all dungeons in SB and ShB. Alternatively increase the chance of non-boss chests to drop left-side gear. Either would be fine, but Iprefer the former as it ensures a PRNG-esque failsafe ensuring you get the gear you wanted after 10 or so runs.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Anesuto Naito
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 85
    My current wishlist:

01) Increase glamour dresser/item storage/housing item storage limit.
    02) Increase item display count for housing and apartments.
    02) Move apartment rooms option without having to demolish and rebuild the apartment room from scratch.
    03) Allow personal house owners to buy rooms for their house.
    05) Allow us to play our obtained orchestration rolls while riding a mount. Well, this is probably good for those who doesn't have housing to enjoy the music they obtained.

06) If things improve on the server load, hoping for Glamour Dresser in personal housings too.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ursa Nightrain
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I would like...

Hat toggle for Retainers
    Retainers to be displayed indoors
    Glamor plates to work with retainers
    Glamour Dresser for home/FC use
    Two-color dye system
    A barding that shows the bare chocobo without reins or saddle
    Garlean ANYTHING
    The ability to report RMT in Party Finder
    The ability to skip cutscenes if doing MSQ duties unsynced or in a full premade party
    More relevance for GC content
    The ability to change hairstyles for squad members
    Large indoor fountains
    Dyeable wallpaper
    Dyeable flooring
    The ability to share housing/apts with all characters on a service account
    Dyeable partition doors/blank partition doors
    Stages/lofts to count as flooring so WE CAN DECORATE THEM OR PLACE FURNITURE ON THEM WITHOUT HOURS OF TRIAL AND ERROR FLOATING OMG.

I'm sure there's more but thats enough for now.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kanu Kano
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 70
    I don't know if this is already a feature because I can't find it, but the ability to make another PC's Chocobo non-targetable would be nice.

I had a problem during 5.2's MSQ where someone somehow managed to put their Chocobo directly on the quest giver, making it difficult to get my quest. I'm pretty sure it was unintentional because they stopped moving as soon as they got to the NPC so they didn't have time to adjust their position to make their Chocobo walk into the NPC. What's worse is we completed the quests in the same pace so whenever I went to the next quest giver, that player and their Chocobo would also be there and block my way. Every single time. It was actually kinda impressive how someone could perfectly and unintentionally grief another player without even trying.

The Keybind to make other players non-targetable and makes their names disappear didn't really help as I could still click on the Chocobo. My only choice was to try clicking the NPC from different angles which was already difficult because the NPC was flooded by tons of other players trying to get their quest. If that didn't work I could only wait until the player moved on.

I had to do positionals on a quest giver just because I couldn't click through another player's Chocobo. That's just nuts.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    K'rina Sato
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Not sure if this has been suggested before, but it would be very nice if we could purchase Aetheryte Tickets with GC seals. I know you can get them fairly easily with HW and SB hunts, but I often have more seals than I know what to do with since I turn in dungeon gear I don't need, and it would make a nice thing to burn them on besides ventures.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lokier Ame
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuKano View Post
    I don't know if this is already a feature because I can't find it, but the ability to make another PC's Chocobo non-targetable would be nice.

I had a problem during 5.2's MSQ where someone somehow managed to put their Chocobo directly on the quest giver, making it difficult to get my quest. I'm pretty sure it was unintentional because they stopped moving as soon as they got to the NPC so they didn't have time to adjust their position to make their Chocobo walk into the NPC. What's worse is we completed the quests in the same pace so whenever I went to the next quest giver, that player and their Chocobo would also be there and block my way. Every single time. It was actually kinda impressive how someone could perfectly and unintentionally grief another player without even trying.

The Keybind to make other players non-targetable and makes their names disappear didn't really help as I could still click on the Chocobo. My only choice was to try clicking the NPC from different angles which was already difficult because the NPC was flooded by tons of other players trying to get their quest. If that didn't work I could only wait until the player moved on.

I had to do positionals on a quest giver just because I couldn't click through another player's Chocobo. That's just nuts.
    If you're on a keyboard, hit TAB, it cycles through targets in the near area you're facing in. Controller does the same thing, but with the Dpad.
    (0)

Page 58 of 81 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast