Player
    Character
    Karuru Karu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by zosia View Post
    So, there should be nothing worth working for in this game?
    [...] It's sad that this game is losing any worth while things to do. Why even try anymore... really? I could raid log all of heavenward and then just swoop in at the end of the xpax and collect all the handouts and freebies.
    after they increased the pony droprate and now the option to rape the primals at lvl 60... yeah, i agree with you o.o/

and i bet they drop the price for fenrir with the gold saucer update in 3.1

the best and funniest thing is that at the same time there is a really big group of people who just quit the game (until 3.1) because there is no more usefull content to do to keep you busy and another group (i think they are the exactly same people) who complains about low drop rates and want for every loot some tokens to get the loot almost instant.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    "I can finally have stuff because I am too lazy to work for it."
    In other words: Put everything exclusively in the cash shop?

So you have to "actually" work in order to get something and not just sit in front of the computer, playing a game?
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Zosia Twinrova
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tint View Post
    after they increased the pony droprate and now the option to rape the primals at lvl 60... yeah, i agree with you o.o/

and i bet they drop the price for fenrir with the gold saucer update in 3.1

the best and funniest thing is that at the same time there is a really big group of people who just quit the game (until 3.1) because there is no more usefull content to do to keep you busy and another group (i think they are the exactly same people) who complains about low drop rates and want for every loot some tokens to get the loot almost instant.
    Exactly! Minions are one of the last long term goal oriented things in this game. But hey! We need less rewarding retention mechanics and more currency grinds! That will keep this game afloat for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Zojha View Post
    In other words: Put everything exclusively in the cash shop?

So you have to "actually" work in order to get something and not just sit in front of the computer, playing a game?
    Sure, do that, I don't care at this point. The only point of this game is to give everything and anything to players that just log in and idle. They really wanted to go with that theme, obviously. Idyllshire? Just sit there and collect the rewards!
    (2)
    Last edited by zosia; 10-17-2015 at 05:39 AM.

Character
    Selli Noblesse
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I leveled 4 classes from 55-60 on the Aery alone. I saw the panda drop about 10 times and I rolled less than 30 each time.

After about 200-ish runs, my boyfriend and my static SCH got sick of listening to me bitch and just bought me the minion.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Cherry Fortuna
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70
    First off, you guys are totally right about them just being a pet, a digital one at that (IE they don't exist in the real world) and why can't everyone have a couple pixels?

But second off.... Don't you guys remember Beanie Babies or Amibos? Many people wouldn't even want one if they weren't "special edition" or "rare". These kinds of things have existed for a long time. Ask your Dad about if he has a coin collection. Ask mom is she had any rare Barbies. AsK Grandpa about the rare stamps in his stamp collection if he had one...etc

Lastly though, these are only virtually rare at best. They are limited only the the laws of mathmatics since they don't actually exist. But if you were gonna say that just because they are digital and just numbers in a computer and why can't everyone have one...that is about like asking your bank to give you a couple extra ones and zeros. Digital pets are complicated I guess? If Pokemon and Digimon taught you anything, pets on computer screens are dangerous and require a 12 step program to forget about...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eros Maxima
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    So, you don't want any long term goals associated with minions? The two examples you provided could be bought from the MB from a single day of gil farming. Do the rarest minions really need to be more accessible than a single day of gil farming?
    Gestahl being almost 5mil doesn't exactly qualify as something affordable for people. To some of us, yeah we can get that and barely dent our funds, but the majority aren't going to be capable of such a thing freely. To be able to make that amount daily, you'd already have to have established yourself in some way, and even then, you're probably not going to be able to upkeep that every single day over a long period of time. Funds and sources of are finite to some degree for nearly everyone. I guess that might depend on server though as, for all I know, Gestahl might be 500k on yours and something simple like FC3 materia could be 100k.

Regarding the long term goals thing, it's fine IMO. I just don't care to feel that in the case of minions like these, assuming they're the target ones of buffing their rates, that they're anything to be up in arms about. They're still going to essentially be rare by their own right, and those who have the potential to get them now, would be the exact same ones to supply them later. The feeling of rarity is exclusive to ourselves... our neighbors/peers really don't give a damn about what you have, even if they might say "nice!" in response to you having it.

Besides, if what you say is true about any given person being able to afford them in a single day how it currently is, that doesn't exactly scream "long term goals". What's the problem then? It's quite contradictory just based on what you claim.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Geneis Arcais
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    I don't understand why something so incredibly useless is so rare. It's a collectable. I don't see why people are getting up in arms about this. We aren't talking about BiS gear here. We are talking about a little thing that follows you around and flops on the ground occasionally. Are you really gonna bitch and cry freebie over a minion vs battle equipment. We all ready have to grind for everything in the game, DoL/DoH/DoW/DoM gear, TT, Chocobo Race, Saucer tokens. Not everything needs to be a mindless, repetitive grind. It seems to me the only ones whining and crying about drop rate increase are people that have them and/or are making gil from the sale of said minions. And with easier access to them they lose income.

We all ready get stuck running Alwaysreap 10000 times for armor, why is everyone so eager and gleeful to repeat this process for a minion. Half the reason I don't bother with it is they serve no purpose, and require me to run the same dungeon repeatedly for no reward.

And tbh who the hell didn't see this coming with a full mini game solely involving minions?
    (9)
    Last edited by FriendlyUncle; 10-17-2015 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Preparing to get 1wk ban again

Player
    Character
    Rynia Tenendora
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    snip
    "Do you think there were any minions obtainable in game that were just too hard to get?" Goddamn right yes. Puff of Darkness and Onion Knight, both low drop rates, both have to be rolled against 23 other people (who thought this was a good idea?), both in content that takes 30 minutes+ and hardly anybody has run since Heavensward dropped. The drop rate for all the other dungeon minions is just too low as well - I have literally done hundreds of runs of Brayflox HM looking for the Opo-opo and still not got one, have I just not worked hard enough yet?

They really shouldn't gate stuff other than gear beyond RNG drops. That's why I love the achievement minions so much, it gives you an active goal you can work towards and actually see progress rather than bash your head against the wall hoping RNG blesses you today.
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Eros Maxima
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyUncle View Post
    I don't understand why something so incredibly useless is so rare. It's a collectable. I don't see why people are getting up in arms about this. We aren't talking about BiS gear here. We are talking about a little thing that follows you around and flops on the ground occasionally. Are you really gonna bitch and cry freebie over a minion vs battle equipment. We all ready have to grind for everything in the game, DoL/DoH/DoW/DoM gear, TT, Chocobo Race, Saucer tokens. Not everything needs to be a mindless, repetitive grind. It seems to me the only ones whining and crying about drop rate increase are people that have them and/or are making gil from the sale of said minions. And with easier access to them they lose income.

We all ready get stuck running Alwaysreap 10000 times for armor, why is everyone so eager and gleeful to repeat this process for a minion. Half the reason I don't bother with it is they serve no purpose, and require me to run the same dungeon repeatedly for no reward.

And tbh who the hell didn't see this coming with a full mini game solely involving minions?
    People have different reasons to play an MMORPG. Some of us, myself included, couldn't care less about top tier endgame raiding gear, for example. I've played this genre long enough to have experienced that stuff time and time again between different games. It's the same dance every single time. But enjoyment and goals can be found elsewhere. Since I started the genre, a goal I've always had is to make a good income through it with crafting/gathering, assuming the game has a decent system about it. I currently own an L house in this game and tons of other unnecessarily expensive goods. It's all just a part of my long term goal in the game.

It's very easy to create a game within the game and impose a goal for yourself. Some folks find fishing fun here and want to complete the log, most may not. Some want to obtain minions for collection, many may not care. Just as people want challenge for their combat related activities, so too do people seek this challenge in other ways they find fun. It's reasonable to argue for the want of a long term goal for some things like vanity goods. Think of it like the old school mentality of how you needed to do something specific to get some bonus item or costume. Maybe you had to complete the game in X time to obtain it. These days, you'd get those goods immediately through DLC, removing the fun and challenge of getting it the old way.

Mind you, I'm not saying that the buff to rates that are incoming is a bad thing. Just stating why people like the grind.
    (1)
    Last edited by Welsper59; 10-17-2015 at 06:04 AM.

Character
    Nadirah Serenity
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaki View Post
    I just want Wind-up Yigiri. She's so cute @>@
    Missed the anniversary event?

Also, I've *never* seen the Gaelikitten.

I've seen almost all of them, and even won a few of them, but I've never seen the kitten or the book minion thing.
    (2)

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast