Player
    Character
    Brin Zalazar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90

PS3/PS4 Auto Login Option

It would be really awesome if when playing on the PS3/PS4 (and any other consoles in the future <crosses fingers>) if the game would auto log us into the game if we want that option, so we don't have to enter the password every time. You'd be taken right into the game right away.

This would of course be an option, you could even offer a pin option that could be entered via button presses on the system as needed.

Anyway, thanks for your time and consideration.
    (7)
    Work To Game on YouTube [Guides, and More]...
    https://www.youtube.com/c/worktogamevideos

Host on AetheryteRadio... Boom City!
    Petition for Microsoft to allow XIV with cross system play:
    https://www.change.org/p/phil-spence...atform-servers

Player
    Character
    Nubian Nabaat
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Yes please!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    I'd settle for it just allowing patch downloads without needing to manually log in first. (There's already a feature for PSN to check for patch updates automatically on all our registered games, but FFXIV doesn't allow it. This game requires us to manually log in to start up the patch download, even though the game purchase is already registered through the PSN.)
    (4)

Character
    Motoko Kusanagi
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 71
    this would be nice... it would be nice to not have to change my password every frickin day. it would be nice if SE would stop trying to hustle me into buying a stupid OTP-thingy. auto-login please!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Brin Zalazar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    The more I play, I find that as I have new people join me, they find the always having to login after connecting on PS4, and PS3 to be annoying. I get that some might want the security, so again, it could be an option, but since I'm signed into the system, just give me the option to have it remember me. Hopefully we'll see this someday.
    (0)
    Work To Game on YouTube [Guides, and More]...
    https://www.youtube.com/c/worktogamevideos

Host on AetheryteRadio... Boom City!
    Petition for Microsoft to allow XIV with cross system play:
    https://www.change.org/p/phil-spence...atform-servers

Player
    Character
    Mayrin Rose
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 65
    throw this in on pc as well so you don't have to reach for your phone every time you want to log in
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    if you dont want to reach for your phone turn off one time passsword then. i mean login/passwords are there for a reason =p
    (0)

Character
    Sophie Anime
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Turn off 1 time password and dont log out when you quit, just let it go to sleep or put it in sleep mode. You will stay at start screen and be able to go right to character select. I have been playing on PS4 and PS3 since ARR and play every day. Every once and awhile it will kick you out and make you go from the start, but I only have to log in once or twice a month and my ps4 times out after 1-2 hrs of inactivity. I switch to Netflix alot and come back and just character select. This option is not needed in my mind. Now if you're playing other games inbetween this doesn't work.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Loki Lux
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    This should be for PC as well....the fact you cannot even just save a password drives me mad.
    (0)

"Within each of us, the potential for great power waits to be released."

Player
    Character
    Whiskey Bravo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenSophie View Post
    Turn off 1 time password and dont log out when you quit, just let it go to sleep or put it in sleep mode. You will stay at start screen and be able to go right to character select. I have been playing on PS4 and PS3 since ARR and play every day. Every once and awhile it will kick you out and make you go from the start, but I only have to log in once or twice a month and my ps4 times out after 1-2 hrs of inactivity. I switch to Netflix alot and come back and just character select. This option is not needed in my mind. Now if you're playing other games inbetween this doesn't work.
    This. You just log out instead of exiting the game, leave it up at the start/main menu and put the PS4 in rest mode. Then you're already logged in when you come back on. You just can't close the game or "suspend" it while you do something else, it will generally log you out completely

And, I'm not sure at what point it decides to actually log you out. It seems like maybe there is a reset at 8:30pm est? I don't know. There are occasions when it logs you out as Sophie mentions, but I think it has something more to do with being gone X amount of hours, or just resets at a hard time. At least from my observations.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast