Letter from the Producer LIVE - Special Edition Q&A Summary (03/27/2015)

Greetings, everyone!

We're pleased to present the full Q&A digest from the Letter from the Producer LIVE - Special Edition! If you missed the live stream, or if you just want to watch it again (and again), check it out below! Please note that there will not be subtitles added the LIVE letter.

http://sqex.to/6pU
    Don't forget to select the 720p option to watch the video in HD!

Letter from the Producer LIVE - Special Edition

0:04:02
    Q: When is the release date for Heavensward?
    A: Tuesday, June 23, 2015.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_01.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1469
    0:04:54
    Q: Can you tell us the different types of packages that will be available?
    A:

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_02.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	1470
    It will be available on four different platforms: Windows, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®4, and Mac.

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_03.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	1471
    Additionally, there are three different package types: the Collector’s Edition, the standard edition, and an all-in-one package. The all-in-one package will include both A Realm Reborn and Heavensward. Since the commencement of service for the Mac version will coincide with the release of Heavensward, it will only be available as the all-in-one package.

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_04.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1472
    Players will also have the option to purchase either a boxed version or digital version of these packages.

0:06:25
    Q: Can you tell us about the Collector’s Edition?
    A:

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_05.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	1473
    For the Windows version of the Collector’s Edition, both boxed and digital versions will be available and we recommend these for current players.
    If you want the full range of bonus items, we recommend purchasing the boxed version.

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_06.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	1474
    We’ll also have a boxed version and digital version for both the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 Collector’s Edition. Purchasing for either platform will offer the same items and bonuses as the Windows version, the only difference being the platform you can play on. Please note that the PlayStation®3 version will only be available in Europe as the digital version.

0:08:15
    Q: Can you tell us about the standard edition?
    A:

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_07.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	1475
    There are no bonus items included with the standard edition and it only contains the game itself. The package art is different between Japan, North America, and Europe.

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_08.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	1476
    The price for both the boxed and digital version of the PlayStation®4 standard edition in North America is $39.99.

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_09.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1477
    The PlayStation®3 standard edition, as I mentioned previously, is only available as the digital version in Europe. There is no boxed version. The price for this in North America is $39.99. I recommend purchasing the standard edition for those of you who simply want to play Heavensward.

0:09:49
    Q: Can you tell us about the all-in-one package, FFXIV: Online?
    A:

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_10.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1478
    This is a new package for those of you just starting FINAL FANTASY XIV that contains both A Realm Reborn and Heavensward. It’s available for Windows, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3, and Mac. This is a great package for those who would like to start playing with their friends when Heavensward is released.

0:10:55
    Q: Can you tell us about the Mac version?
    A:

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_11.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1479
    The Mac version will only be available as a digital version of FFXIV: Online, the all-in-one package. Service for this will begin with the release of Heavensward, so we’re releasing it as a set with A Realm Reborn.

In the coming days we will launch a site with some yes/no questions you can answer to determine which package is right for you as well as a FAQ with helpful information.

0:12:25
    Q: What kind of bonus items are included with the boxed version of the Collector’s Edition?
    A: *The video shows off each bonus item as they unbox the package.

First and foremost is the box sleeve, which features Heavensward artwork on the front and back, and the logo on the sides. Taking off the sleeve reveals the actual box, the back of which features additional artwork created by Yoshitaka Amano. The front has a double opening, and the first thing you'll see upon opening it is the high-quality dragon mount figure box. With the box removed, you can see a nice backdrop of Ishgard along with a base, which you can decorate with the figure.

This base is also another box, and it contains the Heavensward art book and the game package, which has a reversible cover. On one side it has Nidhogg, and on the other it has a dragoon. This box also contains a special bonus movie disc, which has trailers and promotional videos from pre-launch of A Realm Reborn, as well as patch trailers and Visual Works movies.

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_12.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1480
    To summarize the physical bonus items, here is the “Dragonsong War” box.

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_13.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1481
    The expertly-crafted dragon mount figure.

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_14.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	1484
    The FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward art book.

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_15.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	1485
    And the A Realm Reborn movie Blu-ray disc.

0:19:18
    Q: What kind of in-game bonus items are there?
    A: The Collector’s Edition also comes with various in-game bonus items.

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_16.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1486
    First is the flying Griffin mount. All of these items will be available through the digital version of the Collector’s Edition as well. Once you obtain your first flying mount in Heavensward, you will be able to use this special mount.

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_17.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	1487
    The second is the Dark Knight Cecil-themed Baron Helm. It’s a helmet modeled after the one worn by Cecil in FFIV when he was a dark knight. T It's modeled after the artwork done by Yoshitaka Amano, and matches quite nicely with the dark knight's relic equipment, so be sure to try them out together.

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_18.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	1488
    The third is the Wind-up Kain minion.

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_19.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	1489
    The last bonus in-game item is a phial of Fantasia. With a new race being implemented this should definitely come in handy.

0:21:55
    Q: When do pre-orders start for Heavensward?
    A:

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_20.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1490
    During PAX East 2015 we announced that pre-orders would begin on Monday, March 16, 2015. Pre-orders start at midnight JST for the Japan SQUARE ENIX e-STORE, 11:00 a.m. PDT for the North America SQUARE ENIX ONLINE STORE, and 7:00 a.m. GMT for the European SQUARE ENIX ONLINE STORE. Other online stores and physical locations will begin afterwards.
    (2)

0:24:05
    Q: Are there any pre-order bonuses?
    A:

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_21.jpg
Views:	599
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	1491
    There will also be bonuses for those of you who pre-order. First is the Baron Circlet and Baron Earrings.

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_22.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1492
    Next is the Chocobo Chick Courier.

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_23.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	1493
    Finally, we’ll be giving Early Access to those who pre-order. The official launch date of Heavensward is Tuesday, June 23, 2015; however, with Early Access you’ll be able to start playing Heavensward on Friday, June 19, 2015. There is a possibility that maintenance may be performed on Monday, June 22, the day before launch, but as long as there are no issues, we would like to keep the game open until official service begins.

In order to visit Ishgard, you’ll first have to complete the main scenario quest “Before the Dawn,” which will be implemented in Patch 2.55 at the end of this month. For those of you thinking about returning at the start of Heavensward, we recommend coming back a bit earlier to finish off the main scenario quests. With the main scenario completed, you can install Heavensward and immediately accept the first quest of the expansion that will lead you to Ishgard.

Furthermore, those of you who have pre-ordered the all-in-one pack, FFXIV: Online, will receive the pre-order in-game bonuses but it will not come with Early Access. If you'd like to participate in Early Access, please purchase A Realm Reborn, finish the main scenario, and then pre-order Heavensward.

0:29:14
    Q: How do I redeem my pre-order code?
    A:

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_24.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	1494
    If you pre-order from a physical store, you will need to obtain a code from the store. However, there may be instances where you will not be able to receive these codes right away on March 16. Please check with the store you pre-order with for details.

Name:	PLL_SP_EN_25.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1495
    In the case of pre-ordering from a web site, they will send you an email with your pre-order bonus code.

Codes obtained through email and from the store directly can be registered through the special pre-order code redemption page by logging in with your Square Enix account information. You may receive your code before the redemption page is available. If so, make sure you don't lose the code between receiving it and being able to redeem it.

0:33:46
    Q: Can I go to Ishgard right after purchasing Heavensward?
    A: In order to access Ishgard, you will first need to complete the main scenario quest "Before the Dawn," which will be included in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Patch 2.55.

0:34:23
    Q: I play on both Windows and PS4. What do I need to purchase?
    A: You will need to purchase both the Windows and PS4 versions of the expansion to play on both platforms.

If you would like the exclusive bonus items from the Collector's Edition, you can get them with either the Windows or PS4 version, assuming they are linked to the same service account. With that said, Heavensward must be installed on the client to access the areas that will be added. When switching to a platform that doesn't have Heavensward installed, make sure not to log out in one of the new areas.

For example, if I play the PS4 version at home, but added Heavensward to my Windows version at the office and then forget to register it to my PS4 version at home, I won’t be able to log into the game from home if I logged out in a Heavensward area. If this happens, I would have to log into the Windows version and change areas or buy the PS4 version. Please keep this in mind.

0:38:36
    Q: I'm using the 20GB model of the PlayStation 3. Will I be able to install Heavensward?
    A: We are expecting that roughly 20GB of disk space will be needed in order to install Heavensward, so we recommend upgrading to a larger capacity hard drive beforehand. Installing Heavensward involves loading a lot of resources, including maps for both A Realm Reborn and Heavensward, coming to roughly 20 GB in total. Since the system files for the 20GB model take up several gigabytes of space, there will not be enough disk space left to install Heavensward.

Please refer to the Sony Computer Entertainment support FAQ (North America / Europe) for details on upgrading the PlayStation 3 hard drive.

0:40:09
    Q: I've purchased the Collector's Edition for A Realm Reborn, but if I purchase the standard edition of Heavensward will I still receive the in-game bonus items for the expansion?
    A: No, you will not receive the bonus items. The bonuses are separate for the A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition and the Heavensward Collector's Edition. If you would like the Heavensward Collector's Edition bonuses, you will need to purchase the Heavensward Collector's Edition.

In the past when we released the PS4 version of A Realm Reborn, we added bonus items for the Collector’s Edition, but this was because it was still A Realm Reborn and these bonus items were also added to the Windows version.

0:41:34
    Q: Will the bonus items be distributed to a single character or to all character under the same account?
    A: Bonus items will be applied to the entire service account, so all characters under the service account will receive the items. Furthermore, any new characters created on the same account afterwards will also receive these items. Currently, it's possible to create 40 characters under a single service account. If you already have multiple characters, Collector's Edition and pre-order bonus items will be sent to all of them.

0:42:34
    Q: Will there be a digital collector's edition upgrade option to receive the collector's edition in-game items?
    A: Yes, there will be. We'll announce further details, including pricing, at a later date.

For example, if you purchase the standard edition and then see other players riding around on the griffin flying mount and decide you want it, you can use the upgrade service to do so instead of buying the package version.

0:43:39
    Q: I play on both the Windows version and PlayStation®4 version, but I want to participate in Early Access for both of them. What do I need to do?
    A: You'll need separate pre-orders for each, as the rights to participate in Early Access will be attached to each platform individually.

0:45:22
    Q: Does the dragon mount figurine come pre-painted?
    A: Yes, it does.

0:45:48
    Q: Will the animated Titan extreme video be included on the Collector's Edition Blu-ray movie disc?
    A: I don't believe it is included, but we'll look into it.

0:46:37
    Q: If I pre-order the Mac version will it come with early access?
    A: You will still receive pre-order bonus items for the all-in-one package, but early access will not be included. The Mac version will go on sale on Tuesday, June 23, 2015.
    (9)
    Gildrein - Community Team