Player
    Character
    Flickering Ember
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60

Log-in Notifications for Friends/Linkshells

At the moment, there is an option in the chat log to turn on FC member notifications. With this enabled you can see when a FC member logs in and out. However, I am perplexed why this option does not exist for my friend list. I would like to be able to see when my friends log in so I can know they are available and message them.

It's easy to miss when your friends come on if they're only available for a short time and otherwise annoying to have to keep bringing up your social tab. Sometimes you just want to be reminded if someone logs on. If I'm busy doing something in game, it won't always occur to me to check my friend list to see if someone is on.

It would be nice if this feature extended to linkshells as well. I feel it's useful to promote a community feel in the ls but not as necessary as it is for friend list notifications.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Leina Aers
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Although for different reasons, I think this would be a great idea too.
    I use linkshells a lot, as for example friends who are in different fc's are there. Old friends who have quit but log in once in a while are there, as are people from fc's I used to be in.
    I have always generally gone solo in these types of games, (in fact ffxiv is my fist mmo being in a guild-like organisation), although still talked to people I have befriended.
    I do like fc's don't get me wrong - you meet a lot of different people, both which you do or don't get along with, and this can be interesting. I also like having a room, and spontaneously doing duty's you wouldn't do on your own is fun. But having to be in an fc to know who's logged in/out is somewhat limiting.
    It doesn't have to be something big, just a button to click so you can see if someone logs in or out in that specific ls. Something similar to the notification settings on chat groups would work perfectly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Brin Zalazar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Agreed, at the very least, friends list. But yes, LS would be great for it to show up too.

I'm sure people ("lurkers") would want to be able to set this as optional so they don't show up in the LS list. So having the option would be great.
    (0)
    Work To Game on YouTube [Guides, and More]...
    https://www.youtube.com/c/worktogamevideos

Host on AetheryteRadio... Boom City!
    Petition for Microsoft to allow XIV with cross system play:
    https://www.change.org/p/phil-spence...atform-servers

Player
    Character
    Nexas Uthenera
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 61
    This is an amazing idea.

Too bad i dont have any friends to be notified about T_T
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nex Ixchel
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I agree, but ONLY if they allow us to give unique colors to FC nameplates, so I don't have to have my entire FC on my friends list to be able to see them easily in a crowd or when running around.
    (0)

Character
    Frederick Chronos
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    i feel like they need to imporove the linkshell system by letting us know when was the last time someone logged in and increase how many people are in a linkshell or increase the amount of linkshells we can have
    (0)