Character
    Miste Vaer
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90

Triple Triad NPC Challenge Order Guide

Hey!

I noticed some people on the forums unsure about fighting NPCs for TT or which ones. I know I was kinda unsure where to start myself so I figured I'd post my Order of attack on here as I go so it can help other people if they need it.

It is unfinished still but if I remember or if people find it useful I'll keep updating it as I go.

I did mostly chocobo racing on patch release day, so today I decided to work on Triad...and well I went from starter deck to 27 cards in one day, and this is only from challenging NPC's for their cards, and ONE card from a dungeon.

I challenged NPC's in this order

Note: This is also having Demon Wall in my deck from the start that my boyfriend happen to get for me the day of patch while he was trying to get me the AK Zodiac item. I used DW a lot since it was the only 2 star or higher card I had. This is likely doable without it but it might be considerably more difficult I cannot say for sure

Note 2: Some of the rules the NPCs had when I challenged them might be regional rules that are not in place all the time, so please look out for that when you challenge them.

Note 3: This is the website I used to see where these NPCs are located etc.
    http://a-realm-reblog.com/arrtt/npc-location

Triple Triad Master - Spriggan
    I was trying to get Chocobo, but his drop rate seems bad so I moved onto next NPC after getting Spriggan

Jonas of the Three Spades - Ixal and Moogle
    He was a bit tough, but I stuck with it and won both off him after a little while, make sure you understand the rules for Same

Guhtwint of the Three Diamonds - Spriggan, Scarface Bugaal Ja, Chocobo
    First encounter with the Plus rule, make sure you look it up and understand it before taking him on, you can use it to your advantage since he is pretty tough with not many good cards in your deck

Sezul Totoloc - Cid, Behemoth, Biggs & Wedge
    This guy is actually supposed to be hard, but there is a guide in General Discussion and reddit on how to win a lot on him, some people say it doesnt work for them but I tried it and it worked for me, I was winning often enough that I did not lose MGP really, but it is some RNG on whether he places cards in right spot or not.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen..._starter_deck/

Memeroon - Amaljaa and Memeroon
    First time with Chaos rule, Chaos rule is funny, and really...he is easy to beat usually because of it, and you do not really have to think of what card to use because Chaos means the game randomizes which card it is going to let you play on each turn

Momodi - Momodi
    .........I tried her and regretted it badly, man she is evil, she has the Random rule and a lot of 2star and higher cards, I suggest not trying her till later cause I did like probably 20+ matches with her and only won twice. RNG is RNG though so try her if you wish to, her match fee is not high, you might have more luck than I did.

Momodi assistance from Lemuria! Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemuria View Post
    There is one rule which renders Momodi's deck easily beaten. It's the Reverse regional rule in Ul'dah which happens seemingly randomly. This will make all of your low strength cards the peak of excellence while simultaneously making her deck as meek as a newborn kitten. I beat her 20 times in a row soundly using this ruleset and claimed my Momodi Modi card.

Maisenta - Coblyn and Slyph
    I don't remember what rules she has (I think she has Plus rule, so watch out for that), but she wasnt difficult especially since you can utilize one 2star or higher card in your deck from previous earnings, Cid is best I think cause he is a 4 star card

Roger - Pudding and Morbol
    First time with the Order rule, he isn't hard, Order is a rule that you can abuse to your favour, I ended up with a almost 100% win strategy for him, but I dont think I remember what it was unfortunately

F'hobhas - Mutamix Bubblypots
    He also has the Order rule, but he is considerably more annoying than Roger, it can take a bit to beat him up for his one card

Baderon - Baderon Tenfingers
    First time with Sudden Death rule, he is ...kinda annoying to win against but I managed to do it, you can use Sudden Death to your advantage since if you Draw and you have a good one of his cards flipped you get to use that card during the SD rematch

Mother Miounne - Gobbue and Mother Miounne
    She also has the Plus rule which you can try to abuse to win against her, but she is honestly very tough, I had to use plus a lot to my advantage to beat her, took quite awhile to get her two cards cause of the lower win rate

Fufulupa - Thancred
    Holy hell, this was a pain in the butt. He has the Order rule...but it really screws you over, you may lose MGP overall trying to win Thancred and I think I got a bit lucky on winning the card in as little wins as I did, it is possible to win though and get the card, just be ready for some annoyance and possibly a lot of time spent

Gegeruju - Y'shtola and Minfilia
    First time with Swap rule. Basically at the beginning of the match it swaps one of your cards for your opponents. He has a lot of really high star cards so you can use this to your advantage along with his Sudden Death rule explained a little in Baderons info. He was still really annoying to win against with my current deck but it is possible and my MGP went up instead of down on him anyway. You definitely should be using Cid, and pray he doesn't swap him out and instead takes a weaker card and gives you a 3, 4, or 5 star in return. It is RNG though

Ruhtwyda of the Three Hearts - Godbert and Urianger
    Just started on them, first time with Ascension rule, this rule can make it so you can win even though they have very high level cards, basically any same type cards get boosted all sides by 1 every time a same type card is played on the board, of course she uses this too with higher numbers to start with so she is not easy by any means, but you can win against her, not much more info because I only fought her a few times so far. Update, she is kinda hard to get wins on at least with my deck, I tried different cards but generally tough, I won the cards from her but its really time consuming and you might lose a lot.

Some Ruhtwyda assistance from Arg0n! Thank you
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post2805077

King Elmer III - Godbert and Bahamut
    By this time I only needed 1 more card to get to 30 so I could have unlimited 2 star cards, so I tried to go Elmer for Bahamut...well I can win against him but it is kinda rare and a pain in the butt, and I think Bahamut's drop % is kinda low. I kinda suck at plus sometimes, or I am not quick enough and plus is a good way to beat him. I tried for awhile before giving up to try something easier to get my 30th card.

Some Elmer Strategy help from Alberel! Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberel View Post
    It's fairly easy to get an 80% win rate on King Elmer if you use the right deck. It's mostly just about baiting him into using the cards you want in the right place.

For example I always open against him with Couerl in the top right corner. He will nearly always counter that by placing Godbert right beneath it. From there if you place your own Godbert card diagonally from it in the bottom-mid position you set yourself up for a plus finisher later on in the game. I use Sabotender to trigger the combo because you can place it in either of the two slots between the Godbert cards to trigger the combo (so it's very unlikely the AI will take both of those positions, especially if you distract him by playing a few other cards on the other side of the board). Just make sure to fill the rest of the board first before you drop that Sabo card and try to set up a combo chain (I often use Moogle in the top-mid position because he's weak on the right and strong on the left which combos well from the Couerl).

Buscarron - Raya-O-Senna & A-Ruhn-Senna and Papalymo & Yda
    He has the Order rule and right now for me has the Same rule. He has a lot of high level cards, but I kept trying and I won quite a few matches and got the Papalymo & Yda card to get to 30. He is kinda annoying as per any Order rule NPC with high level cards, but you can bait him to put his cards in bad spots since you can reorder your cards to mess with him somewhat.
    Once you get one of his cards you'll have 30 so you are able to start using 2 stars along with one 3-5 star card.
    (4)
    Last edited by Miste; 02-27-2015 at 02:35 AM.

Player
    Character
    Raido Wendolia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Ah, nice guide, thanks!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lemuria Glitterhands
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Miste View Post
    Momodi - Momodi (.........I tried her and regretted it badly, man she is evil, she has the Random rule and a lot of 2star and higher cards, I suggest not trying her till later cause I did like probably 20+ matches with her and only won twice. RNG is RNG though so try her if you wish to, her match fee is not high, you might have more luck than I did)
    There is one rule which renders Momodi's deck easily beaten. It's the Reverse regional rule in Ul'dah which happens seemingly randomly. This will make all of your low strength cards the peak of excellence while simultaneously making her deck as meek as a newborn kitten. I beat her 20 times in a row soundly using this ruleset and claimed my Momodi Modi card.

...incidentally, the artwork for it is as cute as a button!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Austen Bloodspatter
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    i got bahamut card first from elmer (on 3rd win, this makes all the haters hate <3) then i grinded sezul for all his cards (which took like 20-50wins)
    with bahamut card, sezul is extremly easy to predict/farm: here's how it goes (as long as sezul gets first round, you got like 90% chance to win) he drops cid card in top left corner, you put coeurl in middle, he drops godbert in bottom mid, you put mandragora in bottom left corner, then you bait by placing other cards here and there (think i put bomb card top right) and he puts behemoth or something in top mid, and you finish with bahamut in mid-left: this way bahamut will take out cid and coeurl (cause bahamut got 9-up, and 5-right, which gives you same against cid and coeurl, and flip them) baha got 9-down, and will flip mandragora. then cid will combo kill top mid card, which will combo kill the top right card. if all goes as planned you can actually combo-flip over every card, with your last move
    if you get first round, it's kinda random, but he usually doesn't take your baits, so it's kinda RNG, but just gamble a bit, and hope he takes some baits, and don't mess it all up by placing something else in the *cid and baha slots*
    Sometimes he starts by placing cid in your baha slot, then you can just put coeurl in bottom mid instead, bait on, and lastly put bahamut in bottom left.
    from sezul you get bigs&wedge, cid, and behemoth cards.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dodogamo Bobogamo
    World
    Alpha
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Miste View Post
    Ruhtwyda of the Three Hearts - Godbert and Urianger
    Just started on them, first time with Ascension rule, this rule can make it so you can win even though they have very high level cards, basically any same type cards get boosted all sides by 1 every time a same type card is played on the board, of course she uses this too with higher numbers to start with so she is not easy by any means, but you can win against her, not much more info because I only fought her a few times so far. Update, she is kinda hard to get wins on at least with my deck, I tried different cards but generally tough, I won the cards from her but its really time consuming and you might lose a lot.
    Ruhtwyda is quite easy to beat.
    I used my ultimate wild tribe deck
    Cards i used:
    • Ixal
    • Amalj'aa
    • Kobold
    • Sylph
    • Minfilia

You get a lot of stacks cause of the 4 wild tribe cards, and Minfilia is strong too. These tribe cards are easy to get and Minfilia (or something like these stats) are not that hard to get.
    gl!

i got about 80+ wins on Elmer, still no fuckin Bahamut card. I really can't see him anymore xD
    (1)
    Alle Abbaustellen von Gärtner und Minenarbeiter! Inklusive Rotationen für rote und blaue Scheine, sowie Raffinieren oder Empfangsbestätigung.
    https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=8A8A2D79F44689B1!2658&ithint=file%2cxlsx&app=Excel&authkey=!AI-ipnP8l4f8bvc

Player
    Character
    Miste Vaer
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Arg0n View Post
    Ruhtwyda is quite easy to beat.
    I used my ultimate wild tribe deck
    Cards i used:
    • Ixal
    • Amalj'aa
    • Kobold
    • Sylph
    • Minfilia

You get a lot of stacks cause of the 4 wild tribe cards, and Minfilia is strong too. These tribe cards are easy to get and Minfilia (or something like these stats) are not that hard to get.
    gl!

i got about 80+ wins on Elmer, still no fuckin Bahamut card. I really can't see him anymore xD
    I tried to do this actually but it did not work for me since her numbers are so much higher, but I guess it might end up working for some!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alberel Lindurst
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    It's fairly easy to get an 80% win rate on King Elmer if you use the right deck. It's mostly just about baiting him into using the cards you want in the right place.

For example I always open against him with Couerl in the top right corner. He will nearly always counter that by placing Godbert right beneath it. From there if you place your own Godbert card diagonally from it in the bottom-mid position you set yourself up for a plus finisher later on in the game. I use Sabotender to trigger the combo because you can place it in either of the two slots between the Godbert cards to trigger the combo (so it's very unlikely the AI will take both of those positions, especially if you distract him by playing a few other cards on the other side of the board). Just make sure to fill the rest of the board first before you drop that Sabo card and try to set up a combo chain (I often use Moogle in the top-mid position because he's weak on the right and strong on the left which combos well from the Couerl).

Thanks for this guide though, I still haven't challenged many NPCs outside of the saucer yet.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Exocryst Lebreska
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberel View Post
    What was the 5th card that you used?
    (0)
    <--Giver of yarns, not the giver of darns :3
    Follow me on Twitter @Antanias_

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Malveaux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    It would really help if you would put the location of the NPCs
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kosmos Cosmos
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    This Guide does NOT help. How do you beat these NPC? What cards did you use to beat them? What strategy did you use to win? This guide only tells poeple you won or lost and got this and that card nothing that helps.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast