Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Slapped Silly
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    What happens when you get a double? As it tells me I already have the card unlocked and they aren't sellable or tradeable.
    Guess you can't have two of the same card in the same deck.

Great guide by the way!
    (0)
    Last edited by Slapped_Silly; 02-26-2015 at 10:41 PM.

Player
    Character
    Shinryu Reishiki
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapped_Silly View Post
    What happens when you get a double? As it tells me I already have the card unlocked and they aren't sellable or tradeable.
    Guess you can't have two of the same card in the same deck.

Great guide by the way!
    You can sell extras to the NPC that sells the Bronze/Silver/Gold packs.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kimura Blaze
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    how is the guy in eastern la tricky? hes one of the easiest. if you have one good card, as long as he doesnt swap that one, then you end up with a better deck you started with. plus he plays like shit lol. i beat him like 90% of the time.

also just throwing it out there, but i got lahabrea, a 4 star, from a silver. i wouldnt buy golds until you have pretty much all of the low and mid level cards. im willing to bet gold gives a possible 5 star based on what silver gives, but not confirmed yet, so it might be worth it. however, since you can only use 1 5 star card, maybe its not worth the 2k gp and just buy 2 silvers instead. youll have bahamut and then squall pretty early and those are both great cards

also, the gc guy at gridania seems tough at first, but once you get 30 cards, and have some beastmen, hes really easy. with the accension rule, stock up on 2* beastmen and you should win a lot (this goes for the guy just above n than entrance leading to mor dhona, he has 4 great cards you should win somewhat easy if u have 30 cards/all beastmen and squall/bahamut). the la noscea gc guy is pretty easy bc of plus. the only tough one is uldah bc swift uses chaos and op cards and it just blows lol
    (0)
    Last edited by Kimura410; 02-26-2015 at 11:28 PM.

Player
    Character
    Arik Dotharl
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 57
    I'm confused by the OP, we have to card battle Primals and the bosses of the Castrums? What? They have an ! next to the card level.
    (0)
    Last edited by 10TailBeast; 02-27-2015 at 12:36 AM.

Player
    Character
    Necato Feol
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 64
    Gaius' card seems to drop from the Imperial in Mor Dhona as well. One of my FC mate got it that way. But he is Lalafell, so could be a troll... (although he does have it).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tesla Silvermane
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by 10TailBeast View Post
    I'm confused by the OP, we have to card battle Primals and the bosses of the Castrums? What? They have an ! next to the card level.
    The card can randomly drop from fighting those primals / duties. The ! means that it is also possible to obtain the card from beating a high level TT opponent (see the websites referred to for details). The OP is saying that it is probably easiest to get the card from the primal / duty, unless you already have a powerful deck to take on the TT opponents.
    (1)

Character
    Indaki Sativa
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    This is a very helpful post, but I would like to add some input. I have already beaten 30 NPC's to get Squall and my deck has 36 cards in it as of today.

The only error I see in the OP is that the Bronze, Silver, Gold triad packs equal up to a total of 22 cards, not 24. If you notice on the tooltip description of the packs, it tells you that you can get one random card out of 8, for a silver pack. Bronze pack only has 6 possibilities, while Silver/Gold both have 8.

Also, I would add Fufulupa into the easy section (Horizon NPC). I don't remember his rule sets off the top of my head (I think it has a Swap mechanic...) but I was able to beat him with my starter deck. He can drop you a nice Thancred (3*) to give your deck a bit of oomph to beat a harder opponent.

I will also echo what Kimura wrote. Gegeruju in Costa del Sol shouldn't be in the tricky section. After you get the Thancred card I outlined, Gegeruju has a Swap mechanic so as long as the card he swaps isn't your high card, you stand a very good chance at beating him, or at the very least getting a draw. Gegeruju is also a very awesome way to stockpile some MGP (110 per win) so you can purchase Silver decks. He also drops a Y'shtola and a Minfilia card. You will likely use Minfilia all the way up to 30 unique cards unless you get real lucky with a better drop on your way there. (I didn't lol)

Everything else is pretty spot on. You definitely want to work on stockpiling the 1/2* cards first as they are the easiest to obtain. Just getting to that 30 card tier gives you a huge improvement in your decks integrity against harder opponents and allows you to win much more frequently.

Also there was a question about the WoL and Onion Knight dropping from WoD. I'm pretty sure Warrior of Light was reported as a drop only from Gold Triad tier packs....but if anyone has confirmed WoL can drop in WoD I would like to know!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Leon Almasy
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 30
    Thank you for making this guide Garlyle!

I just started playing Triple Triad and am working my way through the "Easy Opponents" (I am stuck on Roger though)

I'm having a lot of fun while waiting for the Duty Finder

Am I right in thinking, with duplicate cards, there is no other option than to discard them?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lyra Vitan
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstella View Post
    Am I right in thinking, with duplicate cards, there is no other option than to discard them?
    You can trade them for MGP. The npc who does the trade is the bunny girl just next to the Triple Triad Tutorial NPC
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Chalyss Hearthglenne
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Larvitan View Post
    You can trade them for MGP. The npc who does the trade is the bunny girl just next to the Triple Triad Tutorial NPC
    I heard that top-end cards could trade for as much as 600gp, too.
    (0)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast