Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Hiromi Saikou
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 58

Students of Baldesion / Our Beldesion Comrades?

Thancred in particular makes reference to this. I assume he refers to Y'shtola, Papalymo, Yda, Urianger, and himself in particular based strictly on context. The organization at the Waking Sands was called The Path of The Twelve in 1.0, I believe. But I don't recall having this Students of Baldesion thing explained. The familiar characters from 1.0 who were with The Path and aware of The Echo were said to have been those who had fled Sharlayan, and little more. Did I miss an explanation of these terms / this group somewhere along the way?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Portus Cale
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    From Minfilia's dialogue, they are a different organization with different people. Also, from Lamberteint's exchanges - the corrupted crystals scholar -, it seems that the Students of Baldesion are a group of exceptionally talented scholars.
    (5)
    He doesn't mind us conducting trials so close to his bazaar, so long as he's properly compensated... Yes, Portus, we pay him in sorcery-blasted bird flesh. - Cocobygo

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I don't remember much about FFV, but I wonder if there's a relation in the story context...

Hmmm...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wolfandre De'asura
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    They had better play a HUGE role in subsequent quests or expansions.

For how many times they were mentioned in giving "key information" to the protagonists, and for how few times (read: zero) they were actually seen, I was getting kind of tired of the MacGuffin (McGuffin? McMuffin?).
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
    I don't remember much about FFV, but I wonder if there's a relation in the story context...

Hmmm...
    Baldesion is actually Galuf's last name, if memory serves me well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Skies View Post
    Baldesion is actually Galuf's last name, if memory serves me well.
    It is, yes.

Possibly some context clues in there, somewhere.
    (1)
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Just a bit more data here:
    In a few scenes in the main quest Minfilia does something rather... Interesting. While you are busy talking to the other Scions she will take a moment to talk on the phone- I mean linkshell with the Students of Baldesion. Her words aren't subtitled, but the scenes are also voiced and you can hear her talking (missed the correct words since I had friends on skype at the time).
    At the last scene where she does that, somewhere after the scene in Meridianum, she mentions "Grandfather" too
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Torquil Ratherdashing
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Skies View Post
    Just a bit more data here:
    In a few scenes in the main quest Minfilia does something rather... Interesting. While you are busy talking to the other Scions she will take a moment to talk on the phone- I mean linkshell with the Students of Baldesion. Her words aren't subtitled, but the scenes are also voiced and you can hear her talking (missed the correct words since I had friends on skype at the time).
    At the last scene where she does that, somewhere after the scene in Meridianum, she mentions "Grandfather" too
    She also calls TV person she's talking too 'Krile'.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Skyhound Solbrave
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I also recall her talking to someone during Alphinaud's speech. I assumed it was the Baldesions and she was asking them to have "that thing" delivered. If I remember correctly, "that thing" ended up being a replica dark crystal.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hiromi Saikou
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 58
    A bit of a necropost here, but Minfilia dropped the name of this group at the start of the continuing Main Storyline quests. It is implied that they have been the primary benefactors of The Scions. She then promptly has a "forget I said anything" moment. More if I come across it.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast