Character
    Archer Mcelf
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

Need More Crossbars to Setup

Hello

I'm a PS4 player and I'm wondering if it's possible to have more then 8 crossbars setup somehow? I have one set up for pvp and the rest are all set up for a specific job.

I'm just trying to think about in the future when I get the new expansion, I won't have anymore corssbars setup to save skills for any new jobs. Only way I can see I can do anything is to delete all the skills on a cross bar for one Job so I can set new job skills to it. And if I ever want to go back and play that old job again, I'll have to do the same thing and delete the old and reset the new. And if I want to go back to the previous job...well..you get the idea.

If there isn't a way to have more than 8, is there a way to have a crossbar appear whenever I switch classes? I have like 20 different equipment setups for various jobs already saved.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rin Azel
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    What?

When you switch jobs you are automatically given a new Bar 1 and Bar 2...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    X'amashi Tia
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I might not be understanding correctly, but all 8 crossbars and all 10 hotbars can be set to be either shared between all of your classes, or change when you swap classes.

So, if you check all 8 in character configuration you'll only have 8 crossbars between all of your classes (which sounds like your problem).

However, if you uncheck all 8 then you have the full range of crossbars available for each class (20 classes) and each job (10 jobs), giving you 30*8 = 240 distinct crossbars divided into sets of 8.

In reality you'll probably want to share one or two, but it seems like it should be enough.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Archer Mcelf
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shem View Post
    I might not be understanding correctly, but all 8 crossbars and all 10 hotbars can be set to be either shared between all of your classes, or change when you swap classes.

So, if you check all 8 in character configuration you'll only have 8 crossbars between all of your classes (which sounds like your problem).

However, if you uncheck all 8 then you have the full range of crossbars available for each class (20 classes) and each job (10 jobs), giving you 30*8 = 240 distinct crossbars divided into sets of 8.

In reality you'll probably want to share one or two, but it seems like it should be enough.
    Okay I think I get what you're saying. I'm going to check that out as soon as I get home and hopefully it gets me what I want.

All this time I've never noticed this was an issue because it's never come up until now. I wanted to try and level up Ninja but didn't want to go through the hassle of constantly resetting crossbars.

Now I'm wondering if there are any other configuration settings I've got all wrong.
    (0)
    Last edited by ArcherMcElf; 01-17-2015 at 06:43 AM.

Player
    Character
    X'amashi Tia
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Yeah, it should be under Character Configuration --> Hotbar Settings --> Sharing. I use the PC more than the PS4 though, I'm not sure if it's arranged exactly the same.
    (0)

Player

I play on PS4 and each of the classes I play has it's own set of 8 crossbars. So like suggested abive check your settings.
    (0)

Character
    Buff Archer
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Also, you can use the /crosshotbar copy command to macro hotbar changes. For example, now that I have Bard I don't actually use Archer, so there's 8 crossbar slots right there. I set up BRD 1 and 2 for PVE, used the command to copy those to ARC 1 and 2, redid BRD 1 and 2 for PVP, copied to ARC 3 and 4... and now my PVE macro copies ARC 1 and 2 to BRD 1 and 2, and my PVP one copies ARC 3 and 4 to BRD 1 and 2. The command works for classes/jobs you're not on at the time, so my PVP and PVE macros swap out crossbars for BRD, SMN, and SCH all at once.
    (0)