Player
    Character
    Crystal Dreams
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 88
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayx View Post
    So uh. I'm new to this and I can't seem to grasp how uploading pictures work.
    I click on 'Insert Image' but then it asks me for a URL.

Am I supposed to upload the image onto another website then copy that URL into here? Or am I doing it completely wrong?

Help is much appreciated
    Yes, upload it somewhere (even to your blog on the Lodestone works but there are a lot of free image hosting sites like photobucket, imgurl, etc) and then copy the address into the [img] tags of your entry post.

Good luck ^_^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Dreams
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 88
    Ugh, no edit option, sorry for double posting...

I just wanted to add that everyone should use the preview function on the official entry threads because it's very important to get it right the first time.

It's easy to make a typo in the image address or bring in a thumbnail instead of the full sized image and preview will allow you to catch those mistakes in advance.

Ignore the quick reply feature and go into advanced (a button just below the quick reply box) and preview post will be underneath that box on the new page.

Not sure if anything that has already been typed into the quick reply button will be copied into the advanced page or not so best to copy/cut the post and paste it in the new page just in case.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Dreams
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 88
    I want edit in this thread >_< I don't take my own advice...

I meant quick reply box* not button in my above post.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rose Alruna
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    How long does it usually take for prizes to be distributed, any one know?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Dreams
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 88
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricRoses View Post
    How long does it usually take for prizes to be distributed, any one know?
    It seems to be whenever they get around to it. I think my prize from the Easter screenshot event took a month or two so I wouldn't hold my breath. Just be proud of yourself if you won and let the moogle mail be a pleasant surprise when it does arrive.

Make sure you have rrom for it though. I recently passed my 20th official mail and didn't realise that was the cap on those and was hoarding them all so the new ones were getting bounced back. Had to delete them to get my new draught chocobo and a few other things ;.;
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Dreams
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 88
    Make sure you have room for it*... Damn the inability to edit posts even in a discussion thread >_>
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rose Alruna
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Oh good to know, thank you, I usually keep all official mail too so I better make some space in preparation
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Skylocke Windshifter
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by mbncd View Post
    It seems to be whenever they get around to it. I think my prize from the Easter screenshot event took a month or two so I wouldn't hold my breath. Just be proud of yourself if you won and let the moogle mail be a pleasant surprise when it does arrive.

Make sure you have rrom for it though. I recently passed my 20th official mail and didn't realise that was the cap on those and was hoarding them all so the new ones were getting bounced back. Had to delete them to get my new draught chocobo and a few other things ;.;
    Glad you posted this...I still haven't received my prize & I couldn't find a way to get in touch to ask why...apparently one of my friends has received theirs so I was starting to think they had missed me out
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Dreams
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 88
    It's very unlikely you'll be missed, but they do seem to be sending them out manually one by one and I'm guessing it's all being done by a very small team of people (or even just one poor short straw puller). At leastthe system does seem fairly reliable in that I don't think I've ever heard of anyone getting missed. Very late, yes; missed altogether, no.

Hopefully, if they're going to keep doing competitions like this with prizes like this, they'll implement a better method of distribution. They've had a while to do that though and I've not heard anything about plans to improve it

It certainly takes the wind out of your sails to be told you've won but that your trophy is being sent via snail mail from down the street to you via 5 overseas countries. Surely the person/people sending the prizes out must be tired of this system too. It seems like it's a very big task and frustraint/disappointing/etc (to both sides) to do something that should be automated and instantaneous.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Dreams
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 88
    Ack, I need to proof read my posts when there's no edit button ~_~ On that note, mods, please either put these discussion threads in an edit enabled forum (like general discussion) or somehow enable edits on these threads specifically. I can understand it not being allowed on the entries but there's no competitive advantage to be gained by editing discussion posts <_<

Anyhow!

leastthe = least the
    and
    frustraint = frustrating (no, I don't know how it came out like that either >_>)
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast