Player
    Character
    Yololo Yolo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 83

Leather caligae for casters!

I have one simple request: much like the all-class versions of the Coliseum gear, give us an all-classes version of the hard leather caligae!

Quite simply, while I love the number of sandal options this game gives the player (and I personally can't wait for the Lady's Clogs to make a return this year), it's been bugging me for a while now that only Disciples of War can wear "caligae"-style sandals... when the NPCs don't labor under this restriction.

The most obvious example is Urianger. Dude is a straight-up Arcanist, robes and all, but what kind of footwear does he have?

http://imgur.com/s87qu4A

Urianger, you cheating son of a gun!

But there are other "cloth-wearers" who use these kinds of sandals, too, such as the poor girl we save after finishing Copperbell:

http://imgur.com/P8Y9HRc

So in short, I'd simply like the ability to do what the NPCs are doing - wearing simple leather caligae while a Disciple of Magic. It should be pretty easy to do - just create a "soft leather caligae" item or somesuch in the same vein as the taffeta or light steel gear. Make it level 1, equipable by all classes.

Hopefully this can happen in a future patch!
    (9)
    Always remember, please be careful.

Player
    Character
    Yololo Yolo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 83
    Going to give this a bump, since Yoshida said in the live letter that new glamour options should be requested on the forums. Please make this happen, it'd be cool!
    (0)
    Always remember, please be careful.

Player
    Character
    Kairaisike Eskeriane
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 23

Why is this still not a Thing?!

Been six years now, still unable to find a caligae like Urianger's, Healer of the Drake's, and so on. When are we FINALLY going to get this? Stop teasing us with NPCs that have opposing Discipline gear!

Bumping to bring this back to attention. >=(
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    The reason why the Archons thumbed their noses at gear restrictions is their original outfits were designed back in FFXIV 1.0, which differed from ARR in that gear had no restrictions about what classes could wear what (other than the AF set for each Job and the level 50 role-specific gear), and even level. Hence it was fully justified why Yda and Papalymo were wearing tank gauntlets and sabatons while a PGL and THM respectively for instance, and yes, Urianger's caligae as ACN, because players in 1.0 could do the same thing.

It was one of the changes for ARR sadly, gear was now class and level restricted rather than mostly being 'reccomended' for that class and level. The Archons still retained their old outfits though originally, so players can be forgiven for being annoyed about this, which is probably why SE has progressively updated their gear to be more in line with what is available to players too.

Also Urianger's caligae is available on the Mogstation, but it's gender locked to male characters only.
    (1)
    Last edited by Enkidoh; 10-21-2020 at 10:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Trelweny Hinovixenn
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    I would also like to see a Caligae option (or more!) for all classes. Preferably dye-able. I have a character who would love for her Gatherer Female Retainer to wear a brown pair. Someday. Glamor is completely reasonable.

Honestly, I was severely disappointed when I looked around and discovered this was not already a thing! Why a footwear that is essentially knee-high sandals cannot be worn by everyone is mind-boggling.
    (0)
    "...and the lie which is the truth shall bring more pain than the truth which is a lie...!" --ElfQuest