Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Player

Quote Originally Posted by Empressia View Post
    Lore wise, how is it possible a primitive people aka grids who use only wood and little steel can understand how to open an mechanized steel gate?
    Ok reallly? Grindania ppl primitive? ok If Eorzeans were primitive they would have been wiped out already and the gaerlan empire would have taken eorzea long ago hahahah. Common a gate? dont joke with me >.<
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sinon Everglade
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    I can't even see CT from the highest point in Coerthas.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Dia Lancea
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    From the Lore Train interview with Koji Fox
    F: There’s a silhouette visible from Monument Tower in Coerthas that looks exactly like Castrum Marinum, but the size and angle seem to be all wrong. Does Marinum have a twin out there?

KF: Oda-san says that this is a place called Castrum Aquilonis. The Empire started building it, but it was way too cold; the climate was way too harsh. They stopped halfway through, it’s now abandoned. That’s all I can say, because that’s all that’s been written.
    Read more here

Would be interesting to explore
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Raiya Li
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Might be a ninja bump but just Noticed this place on my way through Coerthas on an alt today, was wondering what it was until I stumbled across this thread, I wonder if they'll ever do something with it like a dungeon or something in the future...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jets Down
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Arise thread long since dead you have work to do.

Honestly chalk it up to a remnant leftover from the XIVth legion it will most likely have zero significance going forward and most likely all imperials stationed there have been abandoned grisly as that sounds. (Personal headcanon Gaius was there briefly with Ultima weapon just before descending on Garuda's domain).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Iyami Galvayra
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Maybe it can get turned into a Rival Wings-style PVP map using salvaged Garlean machina in place of the goblin/Alexander bots. Write it up as training the Grand Companies to better stand against the Empire's tools of war. Could be kinda cool.

But most likely it's just another piece of old story that isn't planned to come back any time soon.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Bell Jee
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I dunno a friend said its from 1.0 and due to instant enviroment change after calamity the place is not safe due to the harshness of weather and are not well equiped or something.. so they left it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    P'liko Cuga
    World
    Sophia
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Johaandr View Post
    I dunno a friend said its from 1.0 and due to instant enviroment change after calamity the place is not safe due to the harshness of weather and are not well equiped or something.. so they left it.
    It's more accurately from the interim between 1.0 and 2.0, according to the lorebook. So the XIVth Legion started building it after the Calamity (and the corresponding climate changes), and then abandoned it due to poor climate, which seems like a waste of resources.
    (3)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4