Player
    Character
    Titor Jaraba
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90

Subdivisions, Subpar for the same price.

The subdivisions need to stop being removed of convenience features that the main divisions have.
    Not only are you forced to go through another loading screen, which is less then optimal, but subdivisions get none of the transportation out of the housing district, and now the starlight vendors are not in the subdivisions. The subdivisions already feel dead as it is since it is full of private houses and feels empty and unpopulated, then to top it off there are no seasonal NPCs or ways to get out. No one is ever going to visit trees in a subdivision if there are trees all in the main district. -- EDIT-- Thank you for adding NPCS to the subdivisions!
    And yet the subdivisions are the same price as their main division counterparts, but without a lot of the fun QoL features that the main divisions have.

Can you please add the transportation ports out of the subdivisions? That would be one of the best starts in my opinion. If every other main ward of the housing districts are able to have the access out points, I am not sure why subdivisions cannot also.

It would also be nice to be able to teleport directly to a subdivision. A way I can think of doing this would be if, at the aetheryte, you had the subdivisions housing display selected, you would go to the subdivision. Basically what tab you are looking at will take you to either the main division or the subdivision.
    (7)
    Last edited by Titor; 12-27-2014 at 09:35 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kiki Altmara
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 51
    Heres an example as to why privatizing fc housing was bad idea.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yolanda Freebush
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    If you have an aetheryte in your yard you just transport right to your property. And you can teleport right to a subdivision at the entrance or any other aetheryte inside.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Titor Jaraba
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverTams View Post
    Heres an example as to why privatizing fc housing was bad idea.
    I wholeheartedly agree that privitizing fc housing was a bad idea (Private housing would have been best a private instance), but I fail to see how this is an example of such, or how it is relevant to the topic at hand.

And I know that people with housing here can teleport directly to it, but people like myself who want to visit others have to pass through two loading screens instead of just one (one to get to the main division, then one to get to the subdivision), and it seems like it should be simple to remove the second teleport by allowing one to just zone in directly to the subdivisions. Some people on older systems or consoles have very long loading screens, and visiting someone ends up taking longer than it should.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yolanda Freebush
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Titor View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree that privitizing fc housing was a bad idea (Private housing would have been best a private instance), but I fail to see how this is an example of such, or how it is relevant to the topic at hand.

And I know that people with housing here can teleport directly to it, but people like myself who want to visit others have to pass through two loading screens instead of just one (one to get to the main division, then one to get to the subdivision), and it seems like it should be simple to remove the second teleport by allowing one to just zone in directly to the subdivisions. Some people on older systems or consoles have very long loading screens, and visiting someone ends up taking longer than it should.
    Unless I missed something you can't directly port to a housing area, you have to go in through the entrance, and when it asks where you want to go you can select the sub-division there instead of going into an original housing area.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Titor Jaraba
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye_Gore View Post
    Unless I missed something you can't directly port to a housing area, you have to go in through the entrance, and when it asks where you want to go you can select the sub-division there instead of going into an original housing area.
    From the aetheryte at the city you want to go to, you can use the "residential district" aetheryte selection. From there you can choose the ward, and see who owns what plots. There are two tabs on each ward's display, for plots 1-30 (main division) and plots 31-61 (subdivision). Zoning into a ward will automatically place you in the main division, regardless of if you were on the tab to display plots 31-60. So you need one load screen to get to the main division, but at minimum two if you want to get into a subdivision.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yolanda Freebush
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Titor View Post
    From the aetheryte at the city you want to go to, you can use the "residential district" aetheryte selection. From there you can choose the ward, and see who owns what plots. There are two tabs on each ward's display, for plots 1-30 (main division) and plots 31-61 (subdivision). Zoning into a ward will automatically place you in the main division, regardless of if you were on the tab to display plots 31-60. So you need one load screen to get to the main division, but at minimum two if you want to get into a subdivision.
    Ahh I see, never did it that way. Hmmm, yeah guess just have to wait a little longer to get where you're going.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Titor Jaraba
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Thank you very much SE for adding the event NPCs into the subdivisions! This has made me very happy ^.^
    (2)